Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW WWE Theme Music Wars Tournament -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Have to go with Hulk. Iconic theme for an legendary wrestler.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Edge, easily. Better song, both as a theme and a standalone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hulkster for sure. When that music hit during the Hulkamania period the pops from the crowd were something special.

Real American.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

My favourite theme of Hulk's. Perfectly cheesy and nicely fits his hero persona.

But no question I'm voting for the Rated R Suuuperstar. His theme is just epic, especially the first 10 seconds. When he retired on Smackdown and done his entrance twice in a row because of how much he (and everyone else) enjoyed it, it summed up how great the theme was.

Edge to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I'm going for Edge.

An amazing and intense theme song. It got a lot of people in the mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

3-3 at the minute, will Edge or Hulk advance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hogan, Real American is an iconic theme that represents and entire generation. Edge has a great theme but compared to everything that has made into the next round so far, it's time is up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Hogan, that theme is as defined wrestling in the 80s, also it's not a bad song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hogan for me, iconic theme, has to make the final

And that's a wrap. Hogan advances and Edge departs

In the last 8 are as follows

Kurt Angle - Medal
    Evolution - Line in the Sand
    Eric Bischoff - Im Back
    APA - Protection
    D-Generation X - Break it Down
    Hulk Hogan - Real American
    Chris Jericho - Break the Walls Down
    Mr Perfect - Perfection

some big names missing IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Devastated my 2 favourites got knocked out back-to-back, way bigger themes than at least half of what's left. It's a conspiracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    And that's a wrap. Hogan advances and Edge departs

In the last 8 are as follows

Kurt Angle - Medal
    Eric Bischoff - Im Back
    APA - Protection
    D-Generation X - Break it Down
    Chris Jericho - Break the Walls Down
    Mr Perfect - Perfection

some big names missing IMO

From that lot I'd vote for Perfect to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Evolution, dx or jericho for the win. I hope line in the sand wins I love lemmy on vocals the old fart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

brinty wrote: »
    From that lot I'd vote for Perfect to win

APA or Jericho

After a long break (was busy with work) we are back for the last 8 in the Theme Music War

Fisrt up this round and first to 8 votes this round, its two of Triple H's factions head to head......

Degeneration X - Break it down

vs

FIRST TO 8 VOTES WINS AND PLEASE GIVE A REASON OR THE VOTE WONT COUNT

Have to go with DX. It effectually encapsulated the attitude and rebellious nature of the stable and the era. Fits nicely on the iPod. Always gets the crowd going too.

DX FTW

Tough one.

I'll give my vote to Line on the Sand. Just something about Lemmy voice makes it work well as a nice snobby heel theme, its also a good song.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

DX. Super cool slow burning start, great kick into the main body too. Pretty iconic and Love the generic use of video footage in the start too. Wasn't all about the wrestlers - it was about chaos and mayhem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Both of these have the attributes a great theme should have so it's hard to find a quality where one is better than the other in.

Line in the sand though is a better song so that wins for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Line in the Sand
    Hated DX's music...especially that crappy cut to the video, cut to the entrance they used to use. Might have worked for the original run but when HHH and Michaels reunited it just looked stupid.

• Advertisement

Really tough one here, DX is iconic, but Line in the Sand is a better song in my view.

So really, I would feel wrong just for a song just because it's an iconic song, I'd prefer to give my vote to a song I actually enjoy and really a theme that is very underrated, especially considering no one would have thought it would reach the final 8. My pick is Line in the Sand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Both iconic songs really. DX as one of the greatest stables in history, Evolution launching two superstars into super-stardom and having Flair and Trips high up again. But the better theme is by far Line in The Sand. DX's is very repetitive and takes ages to get going properly whereas Line in the Sand just has the "IT" factor. Giving it to Line in the Sand

DX's theme song is great and really loved it when they came down to the ring with it playing.

But I've voted Line in the Sand the whole way through and will continue here because it is one of the most classy theme songs that was ever in the business. It suited arguably the most classy faction of all time.

There's a reason why it has knocked out big names already and will continue to do so here.

Line in the Sand.

I'll add my list to the "Line in the Sand" guys. Was a brilliant theme for one of the best stables of the last fifteen years. I'll also stated as I have already I think continuing the Motörhead link to trips was pretty cool.

No doubt DX's theme is fantastic and iconic but always nice to see a left of centre theme creep through.

I'm continuing the trend of voting against Motörhead songs because I hate Motörhead. DX wins for being a bit more to my taste.

7-3 to Evolution..... will DX come back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Line in the sand for me, hated DX's music and think maybe Line in the sand is the best wrestling theme ever. Plus its a really good song in its own right and gives off a sense of epicness. helped to build that group too imo.

So Evoultion knocks out on of the early favorites in DX and marche son to the final 4

Next up, its the immortal taking on a couple of hired goons

APA - Protection

vs

FIRST TO 8 VOTES WINS AND VOTES MUST HAVE A REASON TO COUNT!

This is definitely a though one. As far as impact, crowd reaction, fit for character, musical complexity and ipod-ability, I have to go for Hogan... even if I prefer the APA's... yep. Hogan.

• Advertisement

Hogan

Iconic, generates a big pop and is actually a decent song

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Hogan. It's cheestastically brilliant and the segue from the verse into the chorus is a brilliant piece. Not a fan of APAs at all really either, so an easy choice for me.

Hogan for me. That guitar rip never fails to give me that tingle in the nether regions. APA theme suits perfect but it is a tad but generic.

Real American.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

APA. Would take it over Hogan any day. A great theme for ass kickers.

I'll just repeat what I said for both of these themes last rounds....APA should not have made it this far and Hulk Hogans deserves to be in the final 2, if not final 4. Real American taking this is a non brainer for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Hogan. I really liked the APA's and I'm delighted it made it this far but Hogan's deserves to go through. The word iconic has been used to describe several themes in the competition but Real American is part of a select group that the term actually applies to. A theme that defines an entire era of the WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I'm voting for Hogan. Iconic tune. As Chagan said, it defined an era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hogan has to be, it is iconic and legendary a hero's theme :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Real American. The soundtrack of the hulkamania era. What I wouldnt do to hear that again in WWE.

Gutted that it's not going to win but APA, probably only outdone by Stone Cold's glass shattering in terms of you immediately knowing **** was going down.

Hogan brushes aside Ron and John with ease. Hogan joins Evolution in the final 4

Next up The Freakin Wrestling Machine versus The Ayotollah of Rock'N'Rolla

Kurt Angle : Medal

vs

Chris Jericho - Break The Walls Down

FIRST TO 8 VOTES WINS AND VOTES MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY REASONS IN ORDER TO COUNT

• Advertisement

Love but songs equally, but for very different reasons. Jerichos is a brilliant track and it has a build up which I think is very important for a wrestling theme. Angles is iconic but it becomes a tad repetitive so it just misses it for me this time. Y2J for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Y2j for me its iconic and a perfect theme for jericho

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Medal (originally the music for The Patriot, dontcha know).

The countdown at the start of Break The Walls is great, but what followed was generic late 90's new metal.

Medal on the other hand was perfect, and once the "You Suck" chants it involved some great fan participation that few other themes have gotten near.

Medals.

Fantastic theme song for a real dickhead.

RIP APA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Oh this is the toughest one yet, prefer Y2Js as a general song but as a wrestling theme, there is very little that Beats Medal. Going with Kurt, suited him down to the ground, heel and face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Angle. It was adaptable for a face/heel Kurt, had phenomenal crowd involvement and it sounded important.

I've been an ardent support of Metal all through this and I'm not going to change my tune now. Crowd reaction (you suck chats), how it worked for Angle as a face or heel and how well it fit his character all make this a near perfect entrance theme.

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!! One of the best drawn out intros ever, I'll be going with Jericho against all opposition from here on out.

Kirk Angel FTW here

I love the prestige factor this theme has and the crowd really got into the you suck chants

Y2J, suited the cocky rocker to a tee. Must better than Medal

• Advertisement
Advertisement