Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW WWE Theme Music Wars Tournament -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

As much as I love Y2J's theme, the sheer passion fans chanting "You Suck" in sync with the music gives Angle the nod. Plus the theme worked well either as a face or a heel and captured Angle's character brilliantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

its 7-4 to Kurt Angle at the minute, will Y2J come back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    its 7-4 to Kurt Angle at the minute, will Y2J come back?

Nah he won't... Kurt's theme is going through I reckon. The initial 'pip' of the intro is pompous but it's so Kurt. Its a Big Time tune. I like how it takes a while to flatten out into You Suck bit too.

Y2J's is awesome too but Kurt's as a wrestling theme

Y2J is out. Kurt marches onwards into the next round meeting Hulk and the lads from Evolution there.

Last match of the round and its Curtis Axels daddy versus Ted Turners general.

Mr Perfect - Perfection

vs

Eric Bischoff - Im Back (and better than ever!)

FIRST THEME TO REACH 8 VOTES WINS AND VOTES MUST HAVE A REASON IN ORDER TO COUNT

Sleazy E's was good and all but no way does it beat Hennig's. Perfect's was.... Perfect. Even when it was coming off the crescendo, it picked straight back up again and resumed its epicness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Mr. Perfect easily, I have never enjoyed Easy E's theme and thought it got very very old very very quickly. Can't see why it has made it to the final 8 but I cannot see any way for it to beat one of the favourites to win this in Mr. Perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mr Perfect. Suited his character 100% and just gave off such a sense of accomplishment and epicness.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Mr Perfect's theme has to take it. It is an epic theme, this could've been used for Darth Vader. Gives a sense of power coming towards you.

Bischoff's theme is great too, but not in the same league as Perfect's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Perfect all the way.
    When that song hit you knew you were getting something wonderful, there were few better than Curt in the ring and the classiness of this theme with the classiness of his performances make it a winner every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Perfects was and still is brilliant. It never got lost in amongst all the generic songs over the decades and stands on it's own. It's timeless too. Never liked EBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damn too late to vote for Y2J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I'm going for Bischoff.

Ultimate slap in the face and deserves a vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bischoff's theme was great and was made for the guy but comparable to perfect he hasn't a chance of winner. Perfect's is something special.

Mr.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bischoff. It's getting frustrating posting the same reason every time. Instant heel heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Perfect. It's a brilliantly simple tune that suited Hennig to the ground. Worthy of a place in the last four.

• Advertisement

Perfect takes it and goes into the final 4 , Its Kurt Angle , Evolution, Hulk Hogan and Mr Perfect that make up the final four.

First bout is here and its the first to 10 votes to win this round.

Hulk Hogan battles Kurt Angle in a battle of the Real American Heros.

Kurt Ang;le - Medal

vs

Hulk Hogan - Real American

First to 10 Votes wins it! Please give a reason why you voted for one theme over another or your vote wont count.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Hulk for me - but this was tough, would've liked to see these two in the final.
    Hulk is iconic and of the ones that're left it's my favourite. Fun and singalongable.

A tough one, but my vote goes to Hogan for the same reason I voted against Kurt in the last round, Kurt's becomes too repetitive while Hogans just keeps going strong the whole way through. It's iconic, and can never be replicated again, so Hogan should march into the finals.

I'm gonna let my hatred of Hogan rule my logic here. I just have Real American resonating with burials and squash matches and no selling to the point where the theme made me go "UGH, this again" whereby Angle's theme promised something prestigious and always delivered. Couple that with the sing along factor and the pyro.

Kurt gets my vote.

Kurt gets my vote.

Great music and it suited his Olympic persona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Going to go for Kurt. Both are iconic. Both suit their respective wrestlers. But Kurt's works perfectly either as a face or heel theme.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Has to be Kurt. I know if I was at a show, and one of the two songs was to come on, Kurt's would get me by far more excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Has to be Hogan.

This entrance says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hulk hogan brother ! So iconic. Anyway line in the sand is winning this

Hogan. The riff. Wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Hogan, its the only theme that actually deserves a spot in the final four.

Angle; without the audience is bland and a rip off.

Perfect; generic orchestra piece.

Evolution; Good theme but not a timeless classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Hogan for me as well, but still bitter at some of the big themes that went out for some of these. Hogan's is the only one that would in my eyes be considered iconic, and while it wouldn't be my winner from the start, it certainly outranks a repetitive Angle theme. And as Jester above me pointed out, without the 'you suck' element to it, Kurt's is nothing more than a generic piece that lacks any real imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Angle for me. More crowd interaction with, works for him whether he is face or heel, suited him down to the ground (as did Hogan's tbf). But I am going to argue against the last two posters. Firstly, this isn't looking for the most iconic theme song of all time, it's looking for the PW posters on boards favourite. Don't like the fact your favourite song got knocked out? Deal with it

Secondly, the argument that without the crowd interaction a theme song is bland. Bullsh1t, you need the crowd for any theme song. Could you imagine SCSA coming out and the crowd being completely silent? That would damage the theme (and wrestlers) credibility. Every single theme has to be made with both the wrestler and crowd in mind.

All 4 themes in the last 4 are 4 of the 12 I would have picked to make it this far, couldn't of said how it would go after that. They all deserve to be here in my book and I hope this argument of "I'm bitter because so and so didn't make it" or "without the crowd it's bland" stops right here, because they are stupid arguments.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Angle for me. More crowd interaction with, works for him whether he is face or heel, suited him down to the ground (as did Hogan's tbf). But I am going to argue against the last two posters. Firstly, this isn't looking for the most iconic theme song of all time, it's looking for the PW posters on boards favourite. Don't like the fact your favourite song got knocked out? Deal with it

Secondly, the argument that without the crowd interaction a theme song is bland. Bullsh1t, you need the crowd for any theme song. Could you imagine SCSA coming out and the crowd being completely silent? That would damage the theme (and wrestlers) credibility. Every single theme has to be made with both the wrestler and crowd in mind.

All 4 themes in the last 4 are 4 of the 12 I would have picked to make it this far, couldn't of said how it would go after that. They all deserve to be here in my book and I hope this argument of "I'm bitter because so and so didn't make it" or "without the crowd it's bland" stops right here, because they are stupid arguments.

Funny you bring up SSCA. Not to derail the thread but many posters voted against SSCA because without the crowd interaction his theme song is bland

Going with Hogan. Although I loved Angles, Hogans is wrestling imo and paved the way for many of the great theme songs you have today.

• Advertisement

ITS 8 - 5 TO HOGAN - 2 more votes and Hogan will march on to the final, will angle make a comeback ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hogan it has to be in the final one of the best ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Hogan- The music just suited the guy down to the ground. It's the first wrestling tune that stood out above the rest. I still get chills when I hear it

Hogans through to the final

Next up and the winner takes on Hulkamania in the Final. Its the perfect one versus Lemmys boys

Mr Perfect - Perfection

VS

Evolution - Line in the Sand

FIRST TO 10 VOTES WINS AND VOTES MUST HAVE A REASON TO COUNT

Also the final will be decided in an open vote poll which will be added to the thread and will be open for 3 days. Who ever has the most votes wins. Who will meet Hogan in the final

Evolution.

While neither themes deserve to be here. Evolution is the best of what's left. Perfect is bland dull and generic. Although regardless of who wins here I think they will fall to the might of Hulkamaina brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Perfect.

Evolution's one is one of my least favourites from the competition. Bit slow for such a hard hitting group - the chorus is great and the lyrics pretty much sum them up, but it's such a slow burner - without any instant impact that it doesn't really lend itself all that well to an instant pop.

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect.

It's a brilliant theme song, that suits the character perfectly. Orchestra pieces are hard to beat in wrestling; they are timeless and instantly make the wrestler seem more important. Bobby Rhodes theme is a perfect example of how this works, and Perfects is the benchmark that other orchestra themes should be measured. More than worthy to face Hogan in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Evolution

I disagree that it doesn't belong at this stage of the contest. I think it's motorhead's best contribution to wrestling themes and perfectly suits the cocky heel vibe that evolution had going

It's a much better song than Perfect's too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Evolution. It was the perfect song for the group. It has that lazily arrogant feel to it that reflected the stable's attitude. It didn't have to pop the crowd, it didn't need to whip them into a frenzy. The slower tempo allowed Evolution to pose and slowly make their way down to ringside. It got the crowd restless and drew the stable more heat while still feeling natural and not drawn out.

• Advertisement

EVOLUTION IS A MYSTERY!!!!!!

Evolution for sure. Awesome song. Dark horse.

Perfect. Neither song belongs here but I'm picking the decent enough one against the absolutely crap one any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I said it once and I'll say it again IMO both of these songs are deserving to be here. Just because you don't think so doesn't mean you have to sh1t on the collective decision people on here have made

For me it's Evolution. But only just. Mr. Perfects theme was perfect for him and you knew who was coming, but I just feel that Evolution's suited them that much better and was always a cocky theme that was perfect for their cocky heel group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Evolution the greatest theme ever because its a kick ass song and lemmy sounds brilliant

i loved Evolutions but more so as a general song and not a wrestling theme so im going with Perfects. Suited his character perfectly, eluded class and accomplishment and a song that keeps growing on me as this contest continues.

I have to lend my vote to Curt Hennig also. I actually forgot all about Evolutions theme until this tournie started and the fawning over it has kinda suprised me. It's definatly not final worthy IMO. Perfect's is the very definition of a classic wrestling intro. Pompous, grandiose and fitting for a star of his quality and gimmick... In other words... Absolutely Perfect

Ps- this match is a battle and a half so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

LITS is one if my fav songs ever outside of wrestling. But this is entrance themes. . .

When Orton left Evolution he used this theme and was way over. They then changed it to that horrendous "Nothing you can say" crap. So LITS got a great crowd response.

Perfects is just class. A tad generic but it's simplicity is what makes it great. It's one of those instantly recognisable ones that compliments the character flawlessly.

Better song = LITS
    Better theme= Perfects

So Mr P gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Mr Perfect for me. It's a great theme.

The Evolution is good, but feels like an extension of Triple H's Game theme (Which is up there as one of my favourite themes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Line in the Sand is one of the best themes of all time for me so it gets my vote.

Fit the group perfectly and it's something I will remember and recognise for a long time.

Both themes have 7 votes! This is a close one!

3 more votes and the winner moves on to the final

• Advertisement
Advertisement