Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW WWE Theme Music Wars Tournament -

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll give my vote to Evolution, fitted the stable "perfectly" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

going to give this match 3 more hours, its 8-7 at the moment to Evolution..... who ever has most votes in 3 hours goes on to the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Perfect-twas the perfect song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I'm voting for Perfect. It was the perfect tune....for a wrestler called Mr Perfect :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gonna go for Perfect, Evolution's was a great tune but it wasn't perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Perfect wins. BOOM.

Perfect wins it and advances to the Final.

Heres the rules for the final, ill add a poll to the thread and you guys can vote for which theme you think should win. The poll will be open for roughly 72 hours and will close on Sunday. Most votes wins it heres the final

Mr Perfect - Perfection

vs

Hulk Hogan - Real American

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

A worthy final, two great themes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I do hope that you vote in the final BeakerJoe :)

Thanks for the running the competition. Was great fun.

Apart from that Steven Regal bollocks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I do hope that you vote in the final BeakerJoe :)

Thanks for the running the competition. Was great fun.

Apart from that Steven Regal bollocks.
    Ah hush, that was funny.

For me it has to be Perfect. It was perfection :pac: The right amount of pomp for the character, and it was as timeless as the man himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Disgusted line in the sand is gone ive been backing it from the start. Anyway 2 great themes in the final but I went with hogan. Its more memorable and I love cheesy usa patriotism. Hulk hogan for the win brother !

Also fair play beakerjoe some great work. Any other tournaments planned ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Hogan by a country mile - Great song, always generates a pop and plays on the patriotism factor

Perfect shouldn't be in the final. It's a good theme but dull when compared to LITS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

How Perfect ended up in the final is baffling when Sexy Boy, My time, Break the walls down, Cult of personality, Pomp and circumstance, Basic Thuganomics etc. failed. Hell Regal deserves to be in the final over Perfect. Its bland, generic and repetitive.

ricero wrote: »
    Disgusted line in the sand is gone ive been backing it from the start. Anyway 2 great themes in the final but I went with hogan. Its more memorable and I love cheesy usa patriotism. Hulk hogan for the win brother !

Also fair play beakerjoe some great work. Any other tournaments planned ?

Well, TBCs non WWE theme war is next, some great songs there and interesting to see who people like. I love most themes myself, most are on my IPod so its interesting to see which other themes people like/hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Jester252 wrote: »
    How Perfect ended up in the final is baffling when Sexy Boy, My time, Break the walls down, Cult of personality, Pomp and circumstance, Basic Thuganomics etc. failed. Hell Regal deserves to be in the final over Perfect. Its bland, generic and repetitive.

I'm sure Beakerjoe will happily put up a seperate tournament where only you can vote.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well a lot of the big name losses were to other big names. It's all down to luck of the draw.

Firstly let me say I love Mr Perfects theme as well as Hulks Real american.

That being said I do think alot of themes which I thought would last til the last 8/16 fell so early.

Themes like CM Punks Killswitch Engage theme and Ric Flairs themes fell early, while iconic themes like Austin, Vince, Triple H's My Time and Sexy Boy failed to make it to the later rounds.

I dont agree with those results personally but they are voted for by boardsies and democracy won in the end. Everyones got different taste and Perfects/Hogans theme is what people voted for.

After all its just a bit of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd be of the opinion that Perfect's theme punched above its weight in getting here, but unfortunately it's about to do a Bradford rather than a Wigan.

Hogan wins this for me comfortably. The best of the anthemic theme tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Any second now we will hear the glass smash and SCSA will open a can of whoop ass on both themes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hogan to win!

Fair play to Beaker, was great fun! Can't understand why people would comment about how certain songs shouldn't make it so far, it's all down to a vote and is a bit of fun, I know my iPhone is full of wrestling themes right now!

And one last time....

HE'S A MAAAAAAAAN,

SUCH A MAAAA-A-AANNN

HE'S A REAAAAALLLL (reaaall)

A REAL MANS MAAAAAAAN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hogan most iconic and recognisable theme ever has to win

Thanks beakerjoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

It's a shame that the luck of the draw knocked out so many great themes early. Still good fun and a fun final.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Also voted for Hogan in what's looking like a very one sided final. No complaints about who made it to the final, they wouldn't have been my choices, and obviously I'd have preferred to see my favourites there, but there's no fairer way to decide the winners, whether I agree with them or not.

Kudos to beaker again, smoothly run and lots of fun to be a part of. Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Haven't been fully following this but I'm surprised Perfect made the final. Voted Hogan, it's pretty much the quintessential wrestling theme song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I went with Hogan. It surprisingly grew on me over the last two rounds. I was behind Perfect's throughout but I think it may haven't gotten further than it warranted.

Credit to beakerjoe, great idea and it was good craic. My iPod playlist has several new additions after this.

• Advertisement

After 1 day, we have a clear favourite. less than 2 more days til the poll closes.

Thanks to everyone for there kind words. Was fun running it.

I encourage you all to check out TBCs non WWE theme war

Last bump, poll closes soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Nice tourney Beaksy! Sorry I threw my toys outta the pram seems a bit juvenile when it's just harmless fun. Guess I take myself too seriously sometimes :(

Ah don't worry about it, sure were are all friends in the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just want to thank you Joe, great idea for a thread and was great fun reliving old themes that i havent heard in years again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Woulda expected HBK or Vinny Mac or perhaps one or two others in the final but I am voting for the Hulkster, I helped Perfect get into the final and his tune was perfect for him but Hogan is that big slice of Americana cheese that in many ways is PW

great work on the tournie Beakerman

As you can see, Hulkamnia ran wild taking out Mr Perfect in the final, He took out themes such as Kurt Angles Medal, Goldbergs WWE theme and Edges Metalingus on its way.

Real American wins it!

hulk_hogan_flag.jpg

Thanks to everyone who took part!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A worthy winner! Wonder if his WCW counterpart will do the same in the other thread? It's already trashing anyone it faces!

Im not sure who im rooting for but VoodooChild is surely a fav.

Advertisement