Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polocrosse Racket

Options
  • 11-12-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I am trying to find a polocrosse racket for a 13 year old girl. I can’t find any specific information or prices online. Is it a very personalised thing or should I be able to just pick one somewhere?
    I have looked at the tack shops of some of the clubs playing polocrosse and can see polocrosse balls and other supplies but not off the shelf rackets.

Can anyone recommend a website or shop I can try?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Try Carrickmines Equestrian Centre, they should have them for sale.

http://www.carrickminesequestrian.ie/tack_shop.php?PHPSESSID=b76047564dc3071911b2ec07c742bfac
    jordata wrote: »
    I am trying to find a polocrosse racket for a 13 year old girl. I can’t find any specific information or prices online. Is it a very personalised thing or should I be able to just pick one somewhere?
    I have looked at the tack shops of some of the clubs playing polocrosse and can see polocrosse balls and other supplies but not off the shelf rackets.

Can anyone recommend a website or shop I can try?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

What marley said. They have a shop down in carrickmines EC am pretty sure they sell them there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Thank you for the replies. I won't make it to Carrickmines but I did travel to Horetown. Unfortunately the tack shop was closed and no sign of anyone about. Hopefully I will get brownie points for trying and we can sort something out in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nochee

I always ring the Horetown shop and let them know I'm coming! They are really, really helpful in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Just try eBay or preloved in UK is also pretty good. You don't need a brand new racquet. The 2 main brands you will see for sale are Bennets and Bombers. A lot of beginners start on a round head Bennet - you should get a second hand one for about 70 euro or less. The length of the stick is the only issue if she has short arms, but the come in different lengths. I would always try buy a second hand one first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Thank you for the brand names and other info. I will measure the one she has and start from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyfish anywhere

Hi I'm wondering if anyone here can help me I'm looking for a second hand polocrosse saddle, austrailian stock saddle for my partner? Am having the hardest time looking for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Hi I'm wondering if anyone here can help me I'm looking for a second hand polocrosse saddle, austrailian stock saddle for my partner? Am having the hardest time looking for one

What brand, or does it matter? You might want to buy it from UK - can pm you details of someone I know who sells second hand ones if you like or try eBay UK or preloved website, both great for stock saddles. Just make sure you know the size and width - alternatively if the budget is slightly higher I know someone that can get you new ones at reasonable prices

Advertisement