Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singer Lorde's new boyfriend. She is 17. He is 24

• 11-12-2013 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

New Zealand teen singer Lorde became famous off the back of her hit single Royals. She has recently been snapped by paps on the beach with her 24 year old boyfriend, which has caused a bit of controversy on twitter.

Personally the age difference makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. What do you think?
    And ladies, does that handsome divil float your boat?

BWeabL8CIAA0Io-.png:large

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She's legal right so there's nothing wrong with it. My partner is 9 years older than me, we got together when I was 19...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

lightbulbs wrote: »
    New Zealand teen singer Lorde became famous off the back of her hit single Royals. She has recently been snapped by paps on the beach with her 24 year old boyfriend, which has caused a bit of controversy on twitter.

Personally the age difference makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. What do you think?
    And ladies, does that handsome divil float your boat?

BWeabL8CIAA0Io-.png:large

Is this really about the age difference or is it about if the boyfriend is handsome enough for her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Trust me, Lorde will become yesterdays news before 2013 is over. Any one remember Gabriella Cilmi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She looks older than him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Who cares? She's of age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

January wrote: »
    She's legal right so there's nothing wrong with it. My partner is 9 years older than me, we got together when I was 19...

Sorry but that's a little creepy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

She's young enough to be in 5th year, he's old enough to have a doctorate.

a 9 year age gap isn't a massive thing in and of itself, the fact that she is still a fecking child makes it seedy as feck though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

She'd eat him for breakfast, the ****in' shtate of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭WrigleysExtra

Seriously who really gives a damn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

January wrote: »
    My partner is 9 years older than me,

Ditto, we got together when I was 21. I don't see the issue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually think stuff like this is any of their business. Who cares who she's with? How does it affect anyone else's life? If they're happy, so what?

To be honest, it seems like a lot of this stems from the fact that people think he's not attractive enough. This ended up getting talked about on Twitter because of people saying he was ugly (not to mention all the racist crap about him). If he was really good looking, I somehow think no one would care about the age gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually think stuff like this is any of their business. Who cares who she's with? How does it affect anyone else's life? If they're happy, so what?

To be honest, it seems like a lot of this stems from the fact that people think he's not attractive enough. This ended up getting talked about on Twitter because of people saying he was ugly (not to mention all the racist crap about him). If he was really good looking, I somehow think no one would care about the age gap.

Thats true, I went out with a Chinese man 8 years older than me when I was 17. People looked at me like I had 10 heads :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Seaneh wrote: »

a 9 year age gap isn't a massive thing in and of itself, the fact that she is still a fecking child makes it seedy as feck though.
    7 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i was 17 when I met my partner he was 30
    I am now 30 and we are still together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

She's young enough to be in 5th year, .

Shes old enough to be in college. See that works both ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Sorry but that's a little creepy

:confused:

I don't think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

When i was 17 i had a year done in college so i dont think the 5th year thing matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I don't think it's creepy. When I was 17 my then boyfriend was 22. We dated for 5 years. Let them to it and hopefully they'll be happy.

Advertisement