Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel expenses

Options
  • 11-12-2013 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    Im working for a company what has different workplaces.I had my interview for a job in the next town and use to work there for 8 month.Since last month my boss sent me to different place which is other side of the city.I don't have a car at the moment though and he knows that.I spent a fortune for cab and took me 3-4 hours travelling daily to get there.I asked my boss to send there someone else who does have own transport he said he can't do that im the last person in and I have to make my own way to work..Which is fair enough;-(We argued and I tried to explain im spending 40% of my wages for commuting to get there plus 3-4 hours daily ..He said if im not happy quit the job (I do have 2 little kids and wife) and that he'll cut my hours..
    Anybody has an idea where to turn in this situation?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

If you have a written contract of employment does it specify the place/address of employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bigdaddy

They never gave me a contract..But the company service is covers different places.

Do you have a verbal agreement of where your place of employment will be, and/or at the time of accepting the offer of employment, did they make it clear that you will be working in various locations?

223vmax wrote: »
    Do you have a verbal agreement of where your place of employment will be, and/or at the time of accepting the offer of employment, did they make it clear that you will be working in various locations?

No they never did..they sent me before for couple of days to different place but it was no problem..But now im like more than a month working in different location with no own transport..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That isn't their fault that you don't have your own transport.

Look for a job nearer to you

• Advertisement

Bigdaddy wrote: »
    No they never did..they sent me before for couple of days to different place but it was no problem..But now im like more than a month working in different location with no own transport..

There was no verbal agreement they never warned me I have to go and work different places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Keep working and start looking for another job. When you're found one, hand your notice and go.

Where did you think that your place of employment would be and why?

Before accepting the offer you should have inquired where your place of employment would be. Accepting to work at a location and then later deciding that its a pain getting to/from because you don't have suitable transport isn't the employers fault.

Advertisement