Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Movie This weekend - Sale Coming.

• 11-12-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I had a look around and couldn't see this posted. Also, wasn't entirely sure where to post it.

Free Movie (yay :rolleyes:) this weekend on Xbox.

From December 13th -> 15th.

Then, Sale beginning soon.
    The festive season is upon us.......

The best way to end a fantastic year of gaming is to cram your stockings and pack your tree with tons of discounted games, add-ons and movies! FIFA 14 and Grand Theft Auto V are tasters of the great offers to come in Xbox's huge festive sale, from 17th to 31st December.
    The sale begins soon.

From HERE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Free movie eh ? Don't recall them having done that before though I guess they want to push their movie offering coming up to christmas, never tried their movies and have been saving the free month nexflix keep trying to tempt me back with for over xmas :pac:

I hope the sale is better than last years one, I recall it being particularly rubbish but I have higher hopes this year now they sometimes include games on demand in the sales and there was also some good stuff in the 10th anniversary one earlier in the year.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can it be any movie we want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I remember getting a free episode of South Park (Good Times with Weapons) when it went HD. Wonder what this movie will be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can it be any movie we want?

Yeah, i think so, as long as it's in their library. I've never even seen their movie library, must have a look later and see how big/small it is.

They did it before in October?? I missed that. I'd imagine same terms apply.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/movie-weekend

http://www.trueachievements.com/n14910/incoming-free-xbox-live-gold-weekend.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, i think so, as long as it's in their library. I've never even seen their movie library, must have a look later and see how big/small it is.

They did it before in October?? I missed that. I'd imagine same terms apply.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/movie-weekend

http://www.trueachievements.com/n14910/incoming-free-xbox-live-gold-weekend.htm

Is that UK only?

• Advertisement

Is that UK only?

Nope. Worldwide.
    EDIT- Sorry. The last promotion? Maybe. That would explain nobody mentioning it.

I can't (weirdly) find much else about it. Not even on Major Nelsons blog. It seems to be overshadowed by the fact that Xbone sold over 2 million consoles in 18 days (Xbox360 took 5 months to do the same). - I don't know if that's a good thing.. :confused: (Obviously is for MS).

Is that UK only?

Ahhh. If I'd read the link on the original mail, I'd have seen it on the Irish Xbox site.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/holiday2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

if this is any movie of your choice in the catalog it will be pretty good. Most likely to be a limited selection with no new releases though.

I've used xbox for movie rentals before and it's a great service. never had any issues with it.

Looks like it's a specific movie:
    It's Monika: A Wrong Way To Die. Should be available later this evening.
    Link

(Should we be worried - it's not even on Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Looks like it's a specific movie:

Link

(Should we be worried - it's not even on Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB!)

it also hasn't been released yet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monika-Wrong-Way-Die-DVD/dp/B00GAYSW2I

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »

1/100 it's cráp :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jesus that's pathetic

I've reduced the odds to 1/20. It may be watchable
    Also of no use to anyone under 18 that may own an xbox360/xbox one.
    Director: Steven R. Monroe / Actors: Jason Wiles, Cerina Vincent, Jeff Branson, Andrew Howard C. Thomas Howell.

[18]
    From the director of I Spit On Your Grave (2010) comes Monika: A Wrong Way To Die. A violent, edgy ride focusing on the forlorn Reagan Tyler, a man who is troubled by visions and premonitions that ultimately lead him to Las Vegas.Reagan meets the beautiful and mysterious Monika, a young woman who turns out to have been killed the night before he even met her. Reagan is then forced to put the puzzle together of what happened, how she is still present, and help Monika with her revenge on the killers of her younger sister.

/Readies popcorn .......
    and another film just in case :p

1/100 it's cráp :).

"From the makers of 'I Spit on your Grave'", if that isn't a recommendation I don't know what is.

It certainly looks to be seasonal family special, just in time for Christmas...

I think I'll pass - some things aren't even worth the price of 'Free'.

Shows as free when I have region set to UK as I use voice but won't play as it says my account region doesn't match the xbox region so changed region on the xbox to Ireland and seems it's not free for us :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    seems it's not free for us :mad:

Why isn't that as big an eye-opener as it should be?

It seems it's only the UK. :mad:

The service is available everywhere.

Why isn't that as big an eye-opener as it should be?

It seems it's only the UK. :mad:

The service is available everywhere.

I'm sure its down to licensing but I would love to know what the difficulty is with licensing stuff for over here, we had it on the 360 with indie games etc. and the lack of services like love film etc. has to be a money thing :confused:

Yeah, after thinking about it, it may even be down to the film maker. Could be some sort of promo etc..

Still don't think it would be that big a deal to offer any other movie.

Advertisement