Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will my evision ever be installed?

Options
  • 11-12-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I ordered evision in late October, and got the confirmation email on the 22nd Oct. During the ordering process, I was given an installation date of 31 Oct, but I never got a confirmation phone call before this date, and no engineer showed up on the 31st.
    I have been calling eircom very regularly, at least 2-3 times per week since then, only to be told that there is a 'technical issue' which is preventing a new appointment being issued to me.
    This has been sent up to the escalations dept, but unfortunately, return phonecalls from that dept are very few and far between, and from the few times that they have called me, they have only ever said 'I don't know when you'll have an appointment, hopefully soon, I'll call you back later/tomorrow with an update and/or an appointment'. Needless to say, being eircom, I rarely get these promised callbacks.
    I am without TV, because being a trusting fool, I believed that evision would be fitted when it was promised, so I chucked out my knackered old Sky box at the end of October!! Duh!
    To say thta I am peeved is an understatement, although, going by some of the other posts on this site, I see that unfortunately, eircom customer service leaves alot to be desired.
    Can anyone please help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

sarahbeth wrote: »
    I ordered evision in late October, and got the confirmation email on the 22nd Oct. During the ordering process, I was given an installation date of 31 Oct, but I never got a confirmation phone call before this date, and no engineer showed up on the 31st.
    I have been calling eircom very regularly, at least 2-3 times per week since then, only to be told that there is a 'technical issue' which is preventing a new appointment being issued to me.
    This has been sent up to the escalations dept, but unfortunately, return phonecalls from that dept are very few and far between, and from the few times that they have called me, they have only ever said 'I don't know when you'll have an appointment, hopefully soon, I'll call you back later/tomorrow with an update and/or an appointment'. Needless to say, being eircom, I rarely get these promised callbacks.
    I am without TV, because being a trusting fool, I believed that evision would be fitted when it was promised, so I chucked out my knackered old Sky box at the end of October!! Duh!
    To say thta I am peeved is an understatement, although, going by some of the other posts on this site, I see that unfortunately, eircom customer service leaves alot to be desired.
    Can anyone please help??

Hi sarahbeth,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your eVision order.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

sarahbeth wrote: »
    Can anyone please help??
    Just saw your post.
    I hope you got yourself sorted.
    I had the same experience and timeline as you, except this is the 28th March!
    Not even their CEO's office could get them to move. Extraordinary
    I've been "escalated" so often I should be in orbit.
    Luckily, I hadn't cancelled my existing supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sarahbeth

I did finally get sorted, it turned out that there was a glitch in the system, and the IT guys had to figure out why the order wasn't processing, rather than just say 'ok, it's not accepting the order'.

I had no supplier, I will just say, thank Christ for Netflix!!

Hope you get sorted soon

Advertisement