Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth getting a Night Rate Meter with low usage + LEAF

Options
  • 11-12-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,
    The title says it all 
      - We've ordered a LEAF but other than that, I'm thinking our electricity usage is lowish as water is oil heated in winter & solar in Summer, we do have a washing machine, dishwasher & electric oven but gas hob, & no tumble-drier and nearly all the lights are low energy.

So am wondering am I better off with just a day meter which is cheaper anyhow during the day than the Night Rate meter. Also the night meter has pretty off hours - pity it doesn't run a tad earlier :)
    Do the ESB have a system/form where you can key in your details to see your usage - though I guess its not broken down by time which doesn't help.

Grateful for any advise as I know it cost nearly €200 to switch back to where I am :eek: and I understand that the standing charges are also a deal higher (couldn't find exact % for Urban..)

Thx 
    Gok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If the only real off peak usage is charging a car then it would certainly not be worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gok

If the only real off peak usage is charging a car then it would certainly not be worth while.
    Thx Pearl Melodic Light,
    It does appear hard to justify moving to Night Saver especially as the 2 units which we'd start to use at night (the washing machine & Dishwasher)  have their plugs behind them in the kitchen so if I had a timer switch, it would involve pulling the units out to do an override and my other half isn't too keen on staying up till midnight to kick off either unit to do a wash :(
    Its a real pity the night saver times are so unsociable as atm, only our fridge and upc router run at that time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi gok,

With the NightSaver meter, the unit price is (cents) 0.1018 (including VAT) during the NightSaver hours; 0.2060 (including VAT) for the rest of the day.

The NightSaver hours are: 11pm to 8am (winter) and midnight to 9am (summer).

Our Appliance Calculator enables you to input details of your appliances/devices for an approximation of how much units you use.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement