Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for Finding a House Share at Short Notice

Options
  • 11-12-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi all,looking for a bit of advice as I'm currently in a bit of a tizzy about the whole thing!

I've just received a start date for a new job in Harcourt Street,I start the 6th January.The thing is,I have a Christmas job that doesn't finish up until New Year's Eve,so I don't have a huge amount of time to look for a place to live!I'm especially worried since it seems a lot of leases start on January 1st,so it looks like I'll be missing the boat on a lot of places.I have people I can crash with in Dublin temporarily,but obviously I don't want to be in that situation too long.

Any tips?I figure I'll be able to pay around €500 for a house share (I'll know for sure tomorrow what my salary is) and ideally I'd like somewhere near the Green Luas line that isn't too far from town.I'm looking at Rathmines and Ranelagh mainly, although I'm open to suggestions for other suitable areas too.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

At this time of the year, don't rush into anything, negotiate a weekly rate with a BnB if you haven't found a place in the right location when you need it.

Don't worry about the 1 Jan thing, new leases start all the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Check out the house share on Daft.ie. You might get lucky

Advertisement