Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small bottles (~200ml)

Options
  • 11-12-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

For christmas I'm making some flavoured vodkas (buying the vodka, only doing the flavouring myself).

I'm looking for some small bottles, preferably around 200ml, and I'll need about 15.

Anyone know where I can get some?

I've thought about asking a pub for some of their empty coke & tonic water bottles. Forgive my ignorance, but would it be easy enough to re-cap these bottles after I refill them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

you looking for glass or PET ?

here is a range of glass 200ml bottles

world-of-bottles Glass

PET would be something like these

Empty 200ml PET bottles

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Be careful with those: you have to be absolutely sure they're suitable for carbonated drinks.

It should possible to recap pub bottles, but you might have difficulty getting them as pubs return them for refilling. You should be able to get 33cl beer bottles easily enough as most of them don't get returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

BeerNut wrote: »
    Be careful with those: you have to be absolutely sure they're suitable for carbonated drinks.
    Don't think vodka need to be carbonated :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

D'oh! One track mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I found some 250ml bottles in homestore & more -
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/glass-storage/kilner-clip-top-preserve-bottle-025l/invt/054681
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/glass-storage/kilner-sloe-gin-clip-top-jar-025l/invt/056074

They're pricey enough, but as it's for Christmas presents I may as well give nice bottles that can be re-used.

It only occurred to me that capped bottles wouldn't be particularly good for spirits since they can't be resealed easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

If you are in the greater Dublin area it might be worth to go there. They usually have a big selection of bottles.
    http://www.alpack.ie/Glass_Sauce__Oil_Bottles/Default.122.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is often cheaper to buy containers/bottles with stuff in them than empty ones. If you go to the supermarket you might find nice glass bottles with screw on lids with stuff in them you might actually want. e.g. fancy cola might be in a nice bottle. Or just bottled water, the labels usually come off handy enough, but the cap might be branded. Or it could be something non-obvious, like ketchup bottles, but stuff with strong flavours can impart the taste into the lids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

How about the beer from lidl that comes in small bottles, think it's blonderbrau?, it's pretty cheap too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

True, those stubbie bottles would be the job.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Some pubs have coke, sprite etc that come in non-returnable bottles. They're smaller and thinner than the regular ones but still the same volume.

Or like someone else said, those small bottles of lager you get in Aldi/Lidl/Tesco would do. Would be easy to empty them if you're having people over for Christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement