Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions needed super quick, non vegy and vegy options needed

Options
  • 11-12-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

Really hoping, even though it's kind of short notice, for some advice here.
    We are due to go out on friday for christmas party from work. We had a place booked, which at first we knew that the vegy and vegan options were rubbish, but were promised a good option by hotel upon booking. The vegan member of our party today rang the hotel, where someone was very dismissive of her and quoted her some very restricted options and even a rubbish dessert.
    Now, is there anywhere at all in the north dublin area that has good vegy and vegan options, with good stuff for the non vegy/vegan people as well?
    I myself am vegetarian, and know that people think myself and the other vegan are just awkward, but it is our choice and it is ridiculous that we had to cancel a party because someone was so dismissive of our choice not to eat meet.
    would appreciate any tips from fellow vegies/vegans. How have you gotten around these sorts of situations before, meaning work parties etc

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hi, sorry, I can't recommend a hotel to meet.

I have found for work events that as the only vegan in a crowd of meat eaters, it has always been up to me to ring around / make email enquiries to all of the venues suggested by my colleagues and ask what they could provide for a vegan. (I always include a description of what a vegan can and can't eat.) If the restaurant is above standard you will see that they will really make an effort when getting back to you, but still, some replies will be laughable. I've never been offered a vegan dessert at any of these events, and honestly wouldn't expect one from a non-100% vegetarian restaurant.

I'm going to the Cedar Tree (Dublin 2) for this year's work Christmas dinner - it is a Lebanese restaurant with meat dishes and vegetarian and vegan dishes on the menu, though it is in the city centre, so not a great recommendation for you. I hope you find somewhere to suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

'North Dublin Area' is quite vague location-wise, but if you are near Malahide at all and a restaurant would suit I would recommend Jaipur. They do meat and veggie / vegan options - just make sure to request such when booking so that they are prepared. They might even be able to provide a vegan dessert!

Advertisement