Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is involved in renting a house?

Options
  • 11-12-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Me and a couple of friends are planning on moving into a house for rent together. I'm just wondering forms, details, paperwork etc are needed from you to rent a house? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Typically you need
    • Proof of PPS
    • Photo ID
    • Work reference
    • Previous landlord reference
    • A deposit - Usually a months rent

I have also been asked for a letter from bank to say that my account can process standing orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Main thing is money, and proof that you will pay on time on rent due date, everything else is just small in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Zeena21

Ok great thanks and does the information get passed on or stay with the landlord or..? Is there any other details I need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Zeena21 wrote: »
    Ok great thanks and does the information get passed on or stay with the landlord or..? Is there any other details I need to know?

How do you mean passed on ?

If you are going through an agency then they will pass the information on to the landlord. They will decide if you can move in.

If you deal directly with the landlord then they would keep copies of everything too.

Cant think of any other details off hand but have a look on the prtb website , there is loads of helpful info there. www.prtb.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

Zeena21 wrote: »
    Ok great thanks and does the information get passed on or stay with the landlord or..?
    Your PPS number and name will be passed on to the PRTB when your landlord registers the new tenancy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement