Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job in Dublin

• 11-12-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Heya folks

I am from Serbia,having EU passport and 2 degrees-nurse and radiographer.

I am interested to move to Dublin for some time to work any kind of job,just to get new experience and also for some fun,maybe to save some money too. I am not picky about type of job,i saw minimum wages are about 9 euro and it raises depending on a job. Right now i am not sure how evaluation of degrees is going on and what time it would take thats why i am saying i would work even out of professions but on the other hand i am sure these degrees are enough to get accepted to work as care assistant,support worker or how do you people name medical workers who are providing care. While browsing the net i saw private agencies are paying such jobs 11 euro per hour but state institutions are habing much better payrates from 13 to 16 euro p/h but its pretty hard to get hired there.

Anyway i accept every advice you could have for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

No collegues around?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

You will notice that the public jobs are no longer - the HSE are not taking on any home helps and there has been an embargo on recruiting them for some time and it is an area they are phasing out because they cannot manage the "proposed" regulation of the industry and it is cheaper to employ an agency as you have said - agencies only pay about 9 euro to start.

to work for an agency starting at this rate - most require Fetac Healthcare qualification at level 5 or equivalent, a current patient moving handling certificate and you would need to be police and security checked in order to work in people's homes.

you may be able to get a job in a nursing home if you want to be a carer and you will find a list on this site if you opt for nursing homes:
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/maps/

you would be better off contacting some of the agencies yourself to see what equivalence would be given -

as for fun - to be honest - the work is hard and is a particular type of rewarding, costs of renting in Dublin is on the increase and the cost of living is high enough to be honest - you would need to ensure you have enough money to live while waiting - the garda (police) checks can take usually up to 3 months - so be prepared,

HTH

I am complete noob:o

Having serbian nursing and radiography degrees and EU passport so not knowing much about regulations of healthcare professions in Ireland,was following other countries earlier but cause of enlgish for now i would like to try english speaking country first. As i said there wouldnt be problem to get just any kind of job for the beggining,just to survive,but i thought it would be easier to keep up with profession and care assistant job or some support role in healthcare. So donnow is it smarter to try on as radiography assistant or smthg,or just to start evaluating one of my 2 degrees coz its easier to get a job with them,if the situation with carers is bad atm:o all advices are welcome!

come on dear medical workers,there got to be more of you around :D

Advertisement