Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch those phone numbers

• 11-12-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Had a very simple stupid "issue" pop up with a client site yesterday where he was reporting that the phone numbers on his new site were displaying incorrectly, unreadable on the background.

Needless to say i was a bit miffed checked in all browsers and windows / mac and found no issues.. So he sent me a screenshot and it became apparent that they were displaying as links.

SKYPE was turning every phone number on the site into a clickable link on windows - easy fix but Grrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

was.deevey wrote: »
    SKYPE was turning every phone number on the site into a clickable link on windows - easy fix but Grrrrrrrrrr
    What was the fix?
    Unclicking a setting in Skype?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

The same thing will happen on some phones as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

What was the fix?
    Unclicking a setting in Skype?

Use the same CSS style for the phone number as a link as well worked for me e.g.

h3.phone {color:#000; text-decoration:none;}
    h3.phone a{color:#000; text-decoration:none;}

The one Trojan pointed out i hadn't seen that Skype style before :o - i was dealing with american phone number formats e.g. 212.123.4567, 212 123 45678 or (212) 123-4567 without the country code even, so the numbers "could" have been anything.

Advertisement