Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Landline - Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 11-12-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Is there an option to get a new number when switching?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

myIdea wrote: »

Hi myIdea,

You can change your telephone number when you are on the Eircom network, an order is placed which takes a couple of days to complete. To discuss this in detail the service team can help you on 1901.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

Hi myIdea,

You can change your telephone number when you are on the Eircom network, an order is placed which takes a couple of days to complete. To discuss this in detail the service team can help you on 1901.

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok thanks...

One more question, please ... how come your online site and others, don't recognise my land-line phone number. 
    As far as I'm aware my line is owed by Eircom even though I'm with Smart(Digiweb) 

If I PM'd you my UAN number are you able to tell?

Hi myIdea,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok thanks...

One more question, please ... how come your online site and others, don't recognise my land-line phone number. 
    As far as I'm aware my line is owed by Eircom even though I'm with Smart(Digiweb) 

I'm afraid Smart own and use their own infrastructure so don't use Eircom's. This is why the site doesn't recognise your telephone number.

If you wish to query coming back to Eircom and what it entails, the winback team can help you on 1800 566 366.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi myIdea,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok thanks...

I'm afraid Smart own and use their own infrastructure so don't use Eircom's. This is why the site doesn't recognise your telephone number.

If you wish to query coming back to Eircom and what it entails, the winback team can help you on 1800 566 366.

Thanks

Tracey
    So your telling me Eircom sold my line to Smart.

Hi myIdea,

Thanks

Tracey
    Ok thanks...

Thanks

Tracey
    So your telling me Eircom sold my line to Smart.

When you moved to Smart they took over your line and it was removed from Eircom's network. We didn't sell it to Smart.

Tracey

• Advertisement

When you moved to Smart they took over your line and it was removed from Eircom's network. We didn't sell it to Smart.

Tracey
    Ok so, I'll have no problem switching back?

....and sorry one last question ( I promise :))

Your site says "we will contact your service provider on your behalf to notify them."

Is that still the case with me been on Smart?

Tracey
    Ok so, I'll have no problem switching back?

....and sorry one last question ( I promise :))

Your site says "we will contact your service provider on your behalf to notify them."

Is that still the case with me been on Smart?

No it will not cause you issues switching back.

No problem at all. Yes we contact Smart for you so we can port the number back onto our network so there can stop billing you.

Tracey

Advertisement