Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Getting a Phone Unlocked

• 12-12-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Would anyone know a good place in Dublin to get a window's phone unlocked? It's currently locked to vodafone and so far everywhere I've gone to has asked for €30-40 which is just a rip off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How much is not a rip off?

Have you asked Vodafone for the unlock code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Just wanna jump in on this thread.
    I am with Vodafone and well over ayear with my lumia but when I go onto the Vodafone site to request the unlock code it says that it doesn't recognise the imei even though it was bought in a Vodafone shop and the Vodafone logo id embedded into the phone.
    Haven't had a chance to get into a shop yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

bcmf wrote: »
    Just wanna jump in on this thread.
    I am with Vodafone and well over ayear with my lumia but when I go onto the Vodafone site to request the unlock code it says that it doesn't recognise the imei even though it was bought in a Vodafone shop and the Vodafone logo id embedded into the phone.
    Haven't had a chance to get into a shop yet.

i had a phone with the Vodafone logo,apps etc it, requested the unlock from voda & they didn't recognize the imei number either.
    Turned out the phone was unlocked �� , you may also have an unlocked handset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

wilser wrote: »
    i had a phone with the Vodafone logo,apps etc it, requested the unlock from voda & they didn't recognize the imei number either.
    Turned out the phone was unlocked �� , you may also have an unlocked handset

I wish... I already tried a different sim but no joy.
    will try again though. Ta

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

bcmf wrote: »
    I wish... I already tried a different sim but no joy.
    will try again though. Ta

Try the shop obviously.

The IMEI is 15 digits, dial *#06# and double check with what you have entered.

There are websites that will give you the unlock code (completely legal) also. Cost depends on the model. I got mine unlocked for about €7 I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement