Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PEQ 15?

• 12-12-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi looking to buy a PEQ box with laser module, and was wondering if anyone knew one that is particularly strong, in terms of laser power.

Ideally I'd love to see a visible beam from the laser and would love to hear anyone's experiences or opinions.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

John253 wrote: »
    Hi looking to buy a PEQ box with laser module, and was wondering if anyone knew one that is particularly strong, in terms of laser power.

Ideally I'd love to see a visible beam from the laser and would love to hear anyone's experiences or opinions.
    Cheers.

There are restrictions on lasers here in Ireland, ie power ouput and colour, green being illegal. You will not get a laser with a visible beam here am afraid.

I have a VFC peq laser/light combi, nice bit of kit but I only bought it for aesthetics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭John253

What's the VFC's laser like?

I've seen someone in the office block Tallaght a year or so ago who had a Peq 15 with a solid beam of red laser, just wish id asked him about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Define how visible you want the laser to be? You don't actually see the laser light until reflects off something. the dust in the air will suffice but only for really powerful lasers (like 100W) so your not going to get the effect they show in films sometimes. Ireland is limited to under 5mW

Green light is more visible to the naked eye but as mentioned, they are illegal so you are stuck with red.

You could bring a portable fog machine and then you will be able to see the laser path clearly and provide yourself with some nice cover :)

Advertisement