Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New quote/phrase Tat

Options
  • 12-12-2013 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking to get a clever phrase/famous quote/funny line done on my arm.

Does anyone know of a site I could look at with the tats on peoples arms?

Or can anyone think of a good quote?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Google arm tattoos images

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Seriously people are just starting to take the piss now days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

"Your tattoos will only ever be as deep as you are"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So you want to get a quote on your arm but you don't know what you want, you just want someone to suggest something funny/clever/famous that will be permanently marked on you?

oh right. cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If you want a quote in such a prominent place like your arm, don't ask for suggestions, think about it yourself.

It doesn't have to have a deep meaning, but it should be something you don't get on a whim and regret later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

All of the above. Apart from the first reply.

Seriously. If you're going to get a quotation written permanently on your body, make sure it's something that has meaning for you. Doesn't have to mean anything to anybody else, but don't just go copying something you've never even heard or read before just 'cos you think it looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

All of the above. Apart from the first reply.

Seriously. If you're going to get a quotation written permanently on your body, make sure it's something that has meaning for you. Doesn't have to mean anything to anybody else, but don't just go copying something you've never even heard or read before just 'cos you think it looks cool.

He wants a site he can look at tattoos on the arm and I told him to google image it, what's your problem what that?

As far as the rest it goes I can only assume he's very young and his name describes him to a T , but who am I to judge...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

All I said was that I agree with all of the above, except the first reply, because I didn't agree with it. I never said you were wrong. Just that I thought it might be better advice for him/her to actually find something (s)he wanted to get as opposed to just googling images of other people's tats and copying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I like this one

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT039oeYf8E2PnoUO7TZ2IR_E_bMyaIhRvK_1RlTuIlw9-GaIKpfA

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

"HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE"
    Jean Paul Sartre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just wait until one day you think of something yourself.
    Then chew on it for 6 months.
    If you still want it then, go get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Why is he getting so much **** for asking for some help. Looking at pics might give him a better idea of what he wants; not everyone can come up with idea's on the spot.

I never judge other peoples tattoo's, because it's their body. If he wants to get that it's his decision.

Google image search is probably the best bet OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

DrumSteve wrote: »
    ...not everyone can come up with idea's on the spot.

Because these things almost always work out better if they're not on the spot decisions. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Why is he getting so much **** for asking for some help. Looking at pics might give him a better idea of what he wants; not everyone can come up with idea's on the spot.

I never judge other peoples tattoo's, because it's their body. If he wants to get that it's his decision.

Google image search is probably the best bet OP.

If you can't come up with something on your own over a period of time that you want then maybe getting it tattooed on you is a stupid idea?

• Site Banned Posts: 25 PointLe55

I found this funny line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Get something truly deep and meaningful like a koi or a girl head like all the cool people slagging you in this thread have.

Advertisement