Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long till I get my money?

Options
  • 12-12-2013 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I had money transferred to me from a bank of Ireland account on Monday. I'm with AIB. There was no sign of it today.
    I'm beginning to doubt if it was ever sent to me. How long would I have to wait until I'm sure it was not sent?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Littlelulu13

colly10 wrote: »
    I had money transferred to me from a bank of Ireland account on Monday. I'm with AIB. There was no sign of it today.
    I'm beginning to doubt if it was ever sent to me. How long would I have to wait until I'm sure it was not sent?
    Thanks

Its usually around 3-4 days for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 42 offmeheadpal

worst case:
    transferred online monday night - it gets processed tuesday morning, could take 3 days from that time

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

worst case:
    transferred online monday night - it gets processed tuesday morning, could take 3 days from that time

+1 I'd only start to worry if it's not there on Friday.

I have an EBS Moneymanager a/c, it's the nearest they have to a current account. If I withdraw money from an AIB ATM, it takes up to three days for the transaction to appear on my online EBS a/c, this despite the fact that EBS is now owned by AIB.

I think the links between Irish banks is something along these lines...

tin-can-telephone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Thanks for the responses, it puts my mind at rest, I'll get a better nights sleep now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Still havn't received the money today. I was told that the authorization was probably pending on it and it will be authorized.

I got a transaction code for the transaction. Anyone know if I can use the transaction code to see if it's actually been sent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

coylemj wrote: »
    +I think the links between Irish banks is something along these lines...

tin-can-telephone.jpg

I'm convinced they hold onto money a bit longer to make their accounts look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

colly10 wrote: »
    Still havn't received the money today. I was told that the authorization was probably pending on it and it will be authorized.

I got a transaction code for the transaction. Anyone know if I can use the transaction code to see if it's actually been sent?

Can you elaborate on the nature of the transaction - was it from a personal a/c to a personal a/c or was a trader involved? I can transfer money from my BOI a/c but I'm not familiar with a 'transaction code'.

'Authorization pending' has the whiff of a delaying tactic. If I transfer money electronically, it's either accepted there and then or it's not, there's nothing left 'pending' subject to an 'authorisation'.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Generally these money transfers are quite fast nowadays.. If the transfer has been done before bank cutoff time for payments, lets say 3 or 4 pm, it should reach the recipient within SEPA area / domestic account at the next business day.

Im transferring often from PTSB to Ulsterbank,Boi and AIB (between current acc's) and if i do the transfer before 3pm, it has always reached the recipient next business day.

You def. should have your money now.

Advertisement