Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner to Logic Pro 9

Options
  • 12-12-2013 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi. I really want to start producing trance and techno music through Logic and don't know where to start. The program is very intimidating but I am willing to put in the time required to learn.

I take it listening to other producers tracks and trying to emulate would be a good idea.

A lot of producers I have talked to learned through video tutorials online so I presume this is where I should start?

Can anyone recommend a good source for tutorials and new software instruments.

Any information would be great just to kick start me. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm subscribed to these guys;

http://www.youtube.com/user/loopmasters?feature=g-subs-u

They've got some really good tutorials across a wide range of apps, including Logic. You may find what you want there and through the associated links. You're right though, it can be very intimidating to start out but the videos will be really useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Brilliant thanks very much. Using this 22 part tutorial at the moment 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs58q8XzVjo' but will move onto loop masters after I get all the basics down :)

Good stuff - stick with it and don't be afraid to post your efforts up here as there's quite an experienced and diverse range of electronic musicians who should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Good to know theres a friendly helpful place to go to when I feel like ****ing my Mac Book out a window ;)

Beautiful skill and goal by Holtby, just as I thought he was lagging

• Advertisement
Advertisement