Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech - external light flashing

Options
  • 12-12-2013 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, firstly have zero knowledge if alarms so sorry this is is rambling!

Have an old house alarm which we rarely use, it says Aritech 3800 on the panel at the door.

Yesterday the 'low battery' message came up and the control panel emitted a constant alarm. I took off the cover off to have a look but sure hadn't a clue, but it stopped.

A few hours later the internal alarm started going off.

So we knocked the mains off, took out the battery in the main unit and disconnected the wires, then knocked mains back on. Seemed to work.

However - the external alarm is now flashing and haven't a clue what to do. Don't mind completely disconnecting it as (I know we shouldn't) but we don't use it that much as house is rarely empty. Any help?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like the internal siren is disconnected but the strobe is still active. If you are happy to power it down just remove the mains fuse and disconnect the battery. That should do it for you.
    If the external rings when you do this don't worry. It will silence itself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

smmb wrote: »
    Hey, firstly have zero knowledge if alarms so sorry this is is rambling!

Have an old house alarm which we rarely use, it says Aritech 3800 on the panel at the door.

Yesterday the 'low battery' message came up and the control panel emitted a constant alarm. I took off the cover off to have a look but sure hadn't a clue, but it stopped.

A few hours later the internal alarm started going off.

So we knocked the mains off, took out the battery in the main unit and disconnected the wires, then knocked mains back on. Seemed to work.

However - the external alarm is now flashing and haven't a clue what to do. Don't mind completely disconnecting it as (I know we shouldn't) but we don't use it that much as house is rarely empty. Any help?

Thanks

It is flashing as the system is in an alarm condition. With the amount burglaries happening everywhere I would advise getting it fixed rather than powering the system down completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smmb

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sounds like the internal siren is disconnected but the strobe is still active. If you are happy to power it down just remove the mains fuse and disconnect the battery. That should do it for you.
    If the external rings when you do this don't worry. It will silence itself
    Thanks, got it shut down properly

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smmb

altor wrote: »
    It is flashing as the system is in an alarm condition. With the amount burglaries happening everywhere I would advise getting it fixed rather than powering the system down completely.
    Will do but needed a quick fix. Thanks.

Advertisement