Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Taxation

Options
  • 12-12-2013 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I wish to appeal a ban from the Taxation forum.

Thread title\link:
    Professional Service Required - Review UK Tax Due on Irish Income
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057101949

Reason for ban:
    OP Banned for looking for specific professional advice.

Initial attempt at resolution:
    I have been in contact via PM with the Mod seeking clarification of the reasons for ban. I was referred to the charter where it states:
    "Advertising
    Tax/ Accountancy consultants are not to advertise in this forum. If anyone wishes to advertise here on boards.ie, please contact DeVore.

There is one exception to this general rule: if a user requests information about tax / accountancy services, someone who can provide these services is entitled to offer them but take it to PM."

I contend that I was not looking for advice.
    As per thread title, I was explicitly looking for a professional service and I explicitly asked to be contacted via private message, allowed as per charter.
    Looking for a professional service here if possible. If anyone can help, send me a PM.

As the thread continued:
    First poster sought further clarification of my details\situation. I provided details in post #3 to better filter the potential posters\those who might contact me to offer their services. To this post I also added:
    Again, professional service required I think

Second poster to respond provided unsolicited advice. I thanked them but my response is that I am looking for a recommendation i.e. again, I am looking for a professional service. I am not looking for specific advice directly on the forum.
    What I really need is for someone to take my documentation and review the calculations. Any recommendations?

I don't have a history of infraction on any forum. Although I don't see my posts as soliciting advice (or 'fishing' as it has been put via PM), I received no warning that my posts were causing an issue. No redaction of said posts etc. A straight ban.

Regards,
    RB

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Unless they are explicitly invited to post in this thread, posts by anyone other than the OP, the CMod or an admin will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

Notification received from boards, informing me that ban has been automatically lifted.
    I don't know if the ban only lasted this long, or whether it has been lifted after investigation.

Can anyone comment?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The ban was only for 2 days, and the lifting was automatic and not related to this DRP thread. I've given the biz cmods a nudge on this one, as it should still get a response even if the short term ban managed to expire before they saw the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

Spear wrote: »
    The ban was only for 2 days, and the lifting was automatic and not related to this DRP thread. I've given the biz cmods a nudge on this one, as it should still get a response even if the short term ban managed to expire before they saw the thread.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Looking at this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can be marked as resolved, thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement