Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fitness Gadgets Suggestions

• 12-12-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

I'm a very starter in any fitness activity. I'm planning to start with some gadget support so that I can track my activity status. Could some one of you suggest me best gadgets and any online shop that can deliver the product to me in Chicago, US with free shipping. I'm waiting for your ideas.

Regards
    fsreekan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

fsreekanth wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm a very starter in any fitness activity. I'm planning to start with some gadget support so that I can track my activity status. Could some one of you suggest me best gadgets and any online shop that can deliver the product to me in Chicago, US with free shipping. I'm waiting for your ideas.

Regards
    fsreekan

you can get apps for it. endomo, myfitnnesspal, runtracker etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

A fitbit will monitor general activity. There are various types that either go on the waistband or the wrist depending on what's convenient for you. Other companies with similar products are the jawbone up, nike fuel band (doesn't measure calories) and a new model that polar have out. Amazon should have all of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

2 of my mates in the gym use nike fuel bands and they give the calories expended during that day. Very cool piece of kit but too expensive.

Foam roller would be ideal. I know its not a gadget but as a beginner you are going to experience doms (pain after exercising). A foam roller will help with this and also keep you supple :)

Best of luck with your new fitness adventure

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

cardiotrainer is a good exercise app-its particularly good for mapping running-it gives a breakdown of time spent distance travelled and calories burnt. the spit time function is v useful if you are into distance running.

daithi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

foam roller

the less sore you are while using it, the better - progress tracked

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭jdpl28

Basis Band looks seriously cool - http://www.mybasis.com/

Tracks basically everything - pulse, perspiration, calories, skin temperature, pedometer, how long you spent jogging/cycling per week, etc. etc.... No need for chest strap also.

Looking into buying one now - they don't sell them in Europe yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭SM01

Advertisement