Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mrs Brown's Boys - Live - Tickets Query?

Options
  • 12-12-2013 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there any chance of there being any live shows in the 1st half of 2014?

I know it's running in the O2 at the moment but it's over next week and I wanted to get someone 2 tickets as a Christmas Present, ideally for some time between January and June of next year.

Anyone know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

also...can i ask....as we are going tomorrow night.....what time does the show start on stage at ?.....tickets say 8pm, but is that for the show to start ??....its not like a gig with support band so i'm trying to figure it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Is it possible for it to be worse than the tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Last show in Ireland for at least 2 years ...show starts at 8 pm ..you might thinks its crap but its sold 50000 tickets this week and lets not knock one of our own for a change....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Was at it last night. There's no support and actors took to the stage shortly after 8.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Is it possible for it to be worse than the tv show.

Very similar to the show, but a lot more adulted themed. Shocked to see parents bringing young children to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Very similar to the show, but a lot more adulted themed. Shocked to see parents bringing young children to it.

I know, I'd never forgive my parents if they did that to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I went Tuesday night and thought it was a brilliant show.

My friend wanted to book one of the shows but the following came up for Block P
    BLOCK P - POSSIBLE R/VIEW

What exactly does this mean as it's the first time I've come across it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It means possible restricted view. It could be that the seat faces the stage at such an angle that part of the stage wouldn't be visible or maybe a lighting rig or some obstruction would be in the way of a pat of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Strumms wrote: »
    It means possible restricted view. It could be that the seat faces the stage at such an angle that part of the stage wouldn't be visible or maybe a lighting rig or some obstruction would be in the way of a pat of the stage.

Add a pair of noise canceling headphones and that could be the best seat in the house!

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »

Thanks for that. Any concert I ever booked, I never seen that coming on. Good to know!

argentum wrote: »
    Last show in Ireland for at least 2 years ...show starts at 8 pm ..you might thinks its crap but its sold 50000 tickets this week and lets not knock one of our own for a change....

The program is awful whether it is Irish or Mongolian.

Should I give more leeway because it's "one of our own"?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

mdwexford wrote: »
    The program is awful whether it is Irish or Mongolian.

Should I give more leeway because it's "one of our own"?

No if a show is crap in your opinion say it as it is ...all I'm saying is that a lot of people can't be wrong 8-10 million watch it on BBC.
    Whether you like it or not what I meant was that Brendan O Carroll was broke after taking a major gamble on a movie that flopped.He has worked his bollox off to create something that employs a lot of people ,makes a great deal of money and makes a lot of people happy.Lets celebrate the man instead of just hating the program.

The show is funny, if you're after production values then don't watch it. Popularity of the show speaks for it's self. Fair play to BOC.

argentum wrote: »
    No if a show is crap in your opinion say it as it is ...all I'm saying is that a lot of people can't be wrong 8-10 million watch it on BBC.
    Whether you like it or not what I meant was that Brendan O Carroll was broke after taking a major gamble on a movie that flopped.He has worked his bollox off to create something that employs a lot of people ,makes a great deal of money and makes a lot of people happy.Lets celebrate the man instead of just hating the program.

This is one I honestly do not get, it's so awful and unfunny. Had to watch an episode in my girlfriends parents last Christmas and I couldn't believe how bad it was and people actually like it.

Fair play to him but it's still the worst program I've ever seen.

Advertisement