Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boi-ing Concealer from Benefit - looking for reviews or opinions?

• 12-12-2013 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Never heard of this product until recently - is it worth €24? It's a very small pot but I heard a little goes a long way...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Its okay as concealers go,its not magic or anything,which is what i would expect for 24 euros,i dont think its worth the money,if i was to spend i wouldnt spend again.

I would rather keep it for something else,i have two concelers at the moment that work just really well,miss sporty and naturals and they are cheap too and last all day no shine no nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Its okay as concealers go,its not magic or anything,which is what i would expect for 24 euros,i dont think its worth the money,if i was to spend i wouldnt spend again.

I would rather keep it for something else,i have two concelers at the moment that work just really well,miss sporty and naturals and they are cheap too and last all day no shine no nothing.

Thank you! I was hoping someone would talk me out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I find it quite cakey tbh, I got t as part of a set and would be in no hurry to rebuy separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I have it and don't like it, makes me look ancient under the eyes too!
    Collection 2000 is brilliant and only six quid! I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I found it sat in the (very!) fine lines around my eyes, and wasn't great for concealing elsewhere either. I think it's because the texture is very stiff? I prefer Erase Paste, it's very creamy but highly pigmented so works well as an all-rounder, but I wouldn't rate Benefit concealers in general, prefer my Lancôme one.

• Advertisement

I got boing and being honest like the other girls have said - it is a waste of money..
    I found it wasnt the exact colour for me,and it kept going shiny on me..It was a disaster and the benefit girls hounded me when i went in the door i wouldnt go back there again,their stuff is nice,i would say their perfumes are grand,their blushers are on the mark,worth the extra euro,their mascaras are fantastic,and their benefit playsticks foundation is good.But i wouldnt be going near boing again a lot of the stuff in there is not up to much apart from their perfumes,blushers and mascaras.
    I wouldnt pay the extra euro for a lot of stuff in there just my opinion on it..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I used to use it, then I switched to a better quality foundation (Double Wear).. and I have no need for concealer anymore.

Boi-ing is quite short wearing and a bit cakey.. doesn't absorb very well into your skin imho.

I love double wear (its 35 euro) but worth it,it lasts and lasts and gives full coverage no need for any boing(not that its good) there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Thanks for the honest reviews everyone - appreciate it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I'd recommend the concealer palette from Catrice - costs about a fiver and it also doubles up as a contour palette! Great for redness and dark circles too as it has the pink/green concealers.

I hear Aldi's concealer pen is supposed to be on par with Touche Eclat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Meh, it's okay. Not awful..not brilliant!

I really like the Barbara Daly from Tesco one...and it's only a few quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I've had completely different experiences with it to everyone else, clearly, as I use boi-ing all the time and have done for a few years with no complaints. I find it excellent and I have a lot to cover. Stays on all day, doesn't look cakey, doesn't draw attention to what I'm trying to cover. And it lasts absolutely ages, so no need to re-buy all the time.

I don't use it under my eyes though, it's too thick for that. I use Rimmel Wake-me-up (I think it's called?) for under the eyes and I find it great. And only around €6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

It depends on your skin and how much concealing you want/need to achieve. Personally I don't like it but then again I need a mixture of corrector and concealer and I find Bobbi Brown suits me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

i have dark shadows and found boing awful sorry. like others mentioned its quite cakey. I found it too thick for under eye use and it tended to cake and highlight the problem rather than concealing it!

What I find best is the lancome concealer - i went to buy a new one recentlyand the woman on the counter said its not actually for under eye but i find it brilliant :o

the soap and glory trick or treatment stuff is very good. Nip and fab cc under eye stuff is good for under concealer. Collection 2000 is not bad. Smashbox under eye concealer is pricey but its good stuff. garnier unerr eye roll on is fairly good but I found the bb version of same was rubbish and a bit orange

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Definitey not worth the price, I was so disappointed by it! Its so thick and hard to appply. Eraste Paste by Benefit is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Metacarpi

I've been using it for years to hide blemishes but I don't use it under my eyes as I find it a bit thick for such a thin and sensitive piece of skin. Still though, I swear by it :)

Advertisement