Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I think Fastidius will win tomorrow at Roscommon I'm going to it myself

Non runner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

This is probably a long shot but can anyone point me in the direction of a copy of 'A Century of Champions' bar the few on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭minibear

You could try Kennys bookshop in Galway or the Book Centre in Waterford. My Mam got help from both of them when she was buying Barney Curley books for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Am i missing something?
    Is there something special about this book to be over a hundred yoyos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Am i missing something?
    Is there something special about this book to be over a hundred yoyos?

Brilliantly thorough book. Very hard to get your hands on only about 1000 were printed. Timeform couldn't help me nor could Tony Morris he said he couldn't get help John Oxx or Lord Derby when they contacted him looking for one

Third race at Brighton Lugarano Palace has an 8lb swing having finished about 1.5 lengths behind Nigel the favourite. At 9/1 and 3/1 I know who I want to chance (365 went 14s for a few mins and missed it sick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Shemale wrote: »

I read it in the shop this morning. Had to check today's date in case it was a leg pull .

Which is to blame Alan Flemings training abilities or Barry Connell's horses????

• Advertisement

Ordered a copy of that book off a seller on ebay. Looks to be in very good nick hopefully it is when I get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ordered a copy of that book off a seller on ebay. Looks to be in very good nick hopefully it is when I get it

100 blips on a book?

145 it set me back with postage. They're going for 500 new ffs

Amazing Maria 12/1 $$$$$$$ for the Falmouth should be second fav I reckon

A horse we bred won at Roscommon last night and I didn't have a cent on. 100/1 was available.

Sandra Hughes told the aul lad about a month ago he strengthened up after his break but was still surprised to see him running in a maiden hurdle. Was ready to absolutely lump on him in a handicap over 2m 4f or further off 88 and he then goes and wins a maiden hurdle at 33s. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Johner wrote: »
    A horse we bred won at Roscommon last night and I didn't have a cent on. 100/1 was available.

Sandra Hughes told the aul lad about a month ago he strengthened up after his break but was still surprised to see him running in a maiden hurdle. Was ready to absolutely lump on him in a handicap over 2m 4f or further off 88 and he then goes and wins a maiden hurdle at 33s. :o
    Ouch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Primrose Valley looks like it has been laid out for the 605 Nmkt tomorrow, already attracting cash for a yard that likes to have a crack at one. I've had a decent bet at 7/1. Ran at same meeting last yr after a break with a respectable effort off 98 in a class 2, running off 90 tomorrow, clas 3 and the decent amateur is taking another handy 3lbs off just to make certain it wins :) GL

Anyone backing the Grey Gatsby today up in trip on the better ground?

Not a single person between the UK and Ireland

• Advertisement

Not a single person between the UK and Ireland

Apart from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Glendine River looks a bit big at 16s in the last at Leopardstown tonight. Ew nibble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Johner wrote: »
    Anyone backing the Grey Gatsby today up in trip on the better ground?

i looked at that race last week and thought there was going to be a huge mistake with hype horse exoshpere in this. I dont often get tempted by 3/1 shots but this is looking very tempting. Hype horse has done nothing of note really and is no way worth his rating so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Couldn't be bothered looking up a racing uk stream so I'm only turning up the volume on channel 4 during the race for one simple reason.. That dope analyzing the racing

aidankkk wrote: »
    i looked at that race last week and thought there was going to be a huge mistake with hype horse exoshpere in this. I dont often get tempted by 3/1 shots but this is looking very tempting. Hype horse has done nothing of note really and is no way worth his rating so far.

Feck ive lost the plot here with a decent bet at 4.0 on betfair..

Feck ive lost the plot here with a decent bet at 4.0 on betfair..

ahh well, they gave a sure stayer like Big Orange way to easy a race there. Great ride from his jockey though

• Advertisement

ahh well, they gave a sure stayer like Big Orange way to easy a race there. Great ride from his jockey though

Absolute madness letting Big Orange dictate that race. The Grey Gatsby ran well no complaints, Spencer rode the race to try get the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

one last time
    king of rooks in the next 28s/6s(place)

pig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

BumperD wrote: »
    Primrose Valley looks like it has been laid out for the 605 Nmkt tomorrow, already attracting cash for a yard that likes to have a crack at one. I've had a decent bet at 7/1. Ran at same meeting last yr after a break with a respectable effort off 98 in a class 2, running off 90 tomorrow, clas 3 and the decent amateur is taking another handy 3lbs off just to make certain it wins :) GL

Cheers
    got the place up and got my win stake back as a free bet

Earendil wrote: »
    Glendine River looks a bit big at 16s in the last at Leopardstown tonight. Ew nibble.

Absolute, crap.

Cheers
    got the place up and got my win stake back as a free bet

Didn't see race but was sure I'd found one last night and had a lump on.. A little disappointed it didn't get the job done.

• Advertisement

Hopefully my 12/1 on Amazing Maria proves right looks big now 3 places given she's 5/1 two places. Rare Conor is too big in a poor looking bumper at cork at 12/1 amazing how close he finished two runs back when running freely. The fact he has gone off fav twice out of his three points suggests he has ability and he could go ok tomorrow. Besharah should be fav at York and is worth punting at 7/2

Missed the 4/5 Griezzzman to be top scorer earlier. If I wrote to 365 on chat do you think they'd still offer it

Missed the 4/5 Griezzzman to be top scorer earlier. If I wrote to 365 on chat do you think they'd still offer it

Try it. No harm in asking

A few months ago I liked the look of France/Griezmann double at 33s on William Hill and didn't put a cent on. Looking fairly good now. :o

Backed Normandy Barrierre in the 440 Ascot. Disappointing last two runs but they were over 7f, back to 6f today and the scene of his last win in a race that threw up a few subsequent winners, hoping the trainer can make the long journey home worth it this evening. 12/1 ew. GL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Interesting, Donnacha has a pile of rides at Musselbrugh today for the queen.

The Queen is there as well.

I was messing about writing to them btw. Out of luck today. Two at big prices tomorrow I'll chance stepper point at ascot and fire fighting who seems to be having his 50th run in the last 12 months

I think Fastidius will win tomorrow at Roscommon I'm going to it myself

Runs in the 2.35 at Fairyhouse tomorrow. Pp already clipped in to 12s from 16.

Think Birch had a winner today, that is actually the first time I've seen him tip a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

What is the admission price at Killarney tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Keatley with a truck load in Chepstow today.. Always worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Yep Fancy Duine Uasal myself prounounced in English Doooooinna Youayaaaslll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Yep Fancy Duine Uasal myself prounounced in English Doooooinna Youayaaaslll

Or if you are from Dublin. ...Din Eh You Sal

That Duine Uasal is well handicapped but being run over too far I reckon. Be a good bet back to six but what do I know

Hors de Combat tomorrow to pay for the Hors de Galway in two weeks. Missed 12s got 10s it's coming in still at Bewnarket

Pricewise Hors le combat too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Eshtiaal going back to Cartmel tomorrow, having won there in May.

BumperD wrote: »
    Pricewise Hors le combat too

No he went for Miracle of Medinah

Lads I'm too lazy to look. Anyone know the minimum rating needed to get into a handicap at galway roughly?? Especially a 3 year old only handicap are there 47-65s I dont know off the top of my head

• Advertisement

No he went for Miracle of Medinah

Whoops, your right. Got that The Punt email and only glazed over it. It's listed there but not Segal

Advertisement