Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Some punt landed in the 345 Ripon. 10's last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Weld with one for Coolmore tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

watch it get put out the back, and not try an inch til a furlong out

#Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

On the other hand, Weld might be keen to impress his new owners by producing it to win first time out. I don't think having winners at Galway has ever been all that high on the Coolmore agenda.

• Advertisement

Lean and kean back down to its ideal trip and last winning mark in ballinrobe tomorrow , won race last year. 7/1. Knockmore boy will be tough to beat, form of its two recent wins working out very well, especially cd race. Will be watching a few others with a view to Ballybrit in 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I backed Lean and Keen. See Hidden Universe today amazing improvement will come the week after next I'm sure :rolleyes:

Watching Everest such an effort climbing it must be

Is it just me of is Hidden Cyclone a huge price at 40s for the Galway Hurdle?

Anywhere I can see royal ascot replays for free? Missed the lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

BumperD wrote:
    Anywhere I can see royal ascot replays for free? Missed the lot

The racing uk YouTube channel is decent but won't have every single race bumper

• Advertisement

Sportinglife you need a sky bet account to log in but they'd all be there

Thanks guys, Tried youtube, the one i was to see is lady aurelia. Might sign up for skybet if I cannot get it.

No harm in signing up even if you never use it. handy to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tried that jockey club earlier today, no ascot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

BumperD wrote:
    Thanks guys, Tried youtube, the one i was to see is lady aurelia. Might sign up for skybet if I cannot get it.

Try not to blink if you do find a video so!

I just watched it there for the first time my god. What a loss Scat Daddy is he could have gone right to the very top

I just watched it there for the first time my god. What a loss Scat Daddy is he could have gone right to the very top

She's an absolute lump job for Nunthorpe if lining up, although Morny seems more likely

As a filly be mad to send her to the Nunthorpe against hardened sprinters. Morny still a gr.1 and she could pick it up easy

As a filly be mad to send her to the Nunthorpe against hardened sprinters. Morny still a gr.1 and she could pick it up easy

Would be but he did it last year with Acapulco (who'll probably run again this year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I remember the likes of Lyric Fantasy and Kingsgate Native winning the Nunthorpe as 2yo's, and neither of them were anything special afterwards.
    After Lady Aurelia won the Queen Mary, Wesley Ward was spouting about running her in the Molecomb, which seems a bit silly.
    The Nunthorpe is her race. They'd want to be mad to swerve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Was going to back Jan de heem at Beverly but Hugh Taylor ruined the price. Think whosthecat is value at 16s in the third race. Has his ground n looks well handicapped

Forgot about her Jim

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Was going to back Jan de heem at Beverly but Hugh Taylor ruined the price. Think whosthecat is value at 16s in the third race. Has his ground n looks well handicapped

Coyle has thrown the kitchen sink at that 3rd at Beverly , race named after his former partner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fairy Foxglove :mad:

Anyone here any good at Photoshop

Anyone know how to check previous odds on oddschecker ever since they made their site ****ing ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Anyone know how to check previous odds on oddschecker ever since they made their site ****ing ****

Click on horse name n it should drop down n give a previous odds option. Then u have to hit all odds history to see full odds history. Or something similar to above

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Click on horse name n it should drop down n give a previous odds option. Then u have to hit all odds history to see full odds history. Or something similar to above

Meant to back Moon over Germany for the hurdle according to that there was 25s around the last few days. depressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

BumperD wrote: »
    Primrose Valley looks like it has been laid out for the 605 Nmkt tomorrow, already attracting cash for a yard that likes to have a crack at one. I've had a decent bet at 7/1. Ran at same meeting last yr after a break with a respectable effort off 98 in a class 2, running off 90 tomorrow, clas 3 and the decent amateur is taking another handy 3lbs off just to make certain it wins :) GL

Primrose valley goes again today at Ascot 16:35 over 5 furlongs.
    It ran well over 5 the last day after a break having been tried at 6 and 7

Has attracted a bit of money again and has a very capable apprentice on board claiming 3lbs
    currently 8/1
    going to give it 1 more chance
    edit
    that was so bad ! last from start to finish

Rah Rah finally has her ground and trip tomorrow and is big at 10/1 despite being top weight in a handicap.

Lake George despite being badly drawn can win tomorrow at Gowran getting his ground and trip 8/1

OR NOT

CH3OH wrote: »
    Primrose valley goes again today at Ascot 16:35 over 5 furlongs.
    It ran well over 5 the last day after a break having been tried at 6 and 7

Has attracted a bit of money again and has a very capable apprentice on board claiming 3lbs
    currently 8/1
    going to give it 1 more chance
    edit
    that was so bad ! last from start to finish

Didn't back it. Frustrating horse

Balyika to get the week off to a profitable start 11/4. 80+races between the two festivals. Surely a few winners amongst them for us to make $$$$

What did Phil do that has everyone giving out

• Advertisement

A 7 race card at Galway tomorrow and Betbright are joint top price on 4 runners on the whole card. Their prices are consistently woeful

Gone with home of the brave and boynton tomorrow.

Balyika to get the week off to a profitable start 11/4.

Beaten out of sight by a Joey o Brien good thing. He will probably have a good week

If you want to watch an interesting race, watch eziyra last run. Comical. If it was another trainer, people would be calling for his head on a spike.

Rex Imperator has a cracking chance in the last race at Goodwood tomorrow. Picked it out as the best finishing horse last time out and reckon it looks like it might just be coming into peak form and fitness. 12/1 best price now.

• Advertisement

Creme de la looks interesting in the 640 based on its 2nd to jet setting - 12/1 ew looks fair. Also went with lord scoundrel in the 535 @ 33/1 ew based on its form earlier this season which reads well. Good luck today. May all your selections run straight and true.

Creme de la looks interesting in the 640 based on its 2nd to jet setting - 12/1 ew looks fair. Also went with lord scoundrel in the 535 @ 33/1 ew based on its form earlier this season which reads well. Good luck today. May all your selections run straight and true.

Nearly a monster double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Very unlucky there BD.

Its bloody hard to nail them but I'll keep trying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Great tipping!

Was there a huge gamble on Lord Scoundrel? SP 10/1.

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Great tipping!

Was there a huge gamble on Lord Scoundrel? SP 10/1.

There must have been. Wasn't my modest bet that moved the market

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

There must have been. Wasn't my modest bet that moved the market

Thanks for that. Put on €5 Ew and returned at €220. Couldn't believe the ride Donogh Meyler gave him. Absolutely sensational. He didn't spare the whip and was clearly trying hardest to win. Anyway great tip and weekend paid for.

Had a bet ew on Lady Valdean 420 50/1. Been a few quid for it, trainer had a big priced winner of a maiden earlier this week, champ on board and by as decent enough Australian sprinter so the rattling fast ground should suit. Race wil probably go to one of the bigger stables but every now and again these maidens throw up a big priced winner so I'll dabble for small stakes

Nice one on the winner yesterday bumper. I was there but didn't fancy anything so had a token 5er each way on First Lieutenant (green cap too). Sat there watching your horse the whole way thinking it was mine

Small punt on Enjoy Responsibly in the 5:55 at Bangor. Former Gigginstown horse that is nicely down in the ratings and could run well at a fairly low grade. 6/1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement