Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Do the oddschecker odds flicker to SP for some bookmakers after an initial display of the odds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Another gamble on Alice Springs at Deauville. Qemah could be the value at 11/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Get in! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Another gamble on Alice Springs at Deauville. Qemah could be the value at 11/4.
    Good call, that O'Brien horse seems to have an allergy to running well in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Greg Broderick 12/1 for individual gold with Paddy power. 50/1 with Bet victor. Worth a tenner I reckon. In flying form at the minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

maximo31 wrote: »
    Greg Broderick 12/1 for individual gold with Paddy power. 50/1 with Bet victor. Worth a tenner I reckon. In flying form at the minute!

Looks good!, also @50 via SJ, most other places 21-26 going short. Can be found under Equestrian > Jumping > Individual.

Have opted for the general stereotyping when it comes to the Olympics i.e. Ireland for the fighting, couple of Jamaicans for the fast running, and Kenyan for the slow running. All aboard '3 cats worth of a mixed event tenfold'.

IMavVRw.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Anybody else on Strategic Heights later? Was thinking this might be a prep run for one of the Newcastle races on Friday but no sign of an entry :-( Market seems to be saying todays the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Got a shout for persuco in the 5.40 in ballinrobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭minibear

naughto wrote: »

thanks naughto. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

naughto wrote: »

Nice shout to get against an odds on shot !

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Fair play Naughto. Nice drift as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Paul Carberry has retired. He'll be missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Paul Carberry has retired. He'll be missed

That is a pity. Ill never forget the sight of him motionless coming around the final bend on Belvano (we were on my brothers pick that day) at cheltenham on about 15 lengths behind and cruising up after the last and winning easily. (if i remember he was cursing that he used the whip at all and didnt need it)

He was excellent 95% of the time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

aidankkk wrote: »
    That is a pity. Ill never forget the sight of him motionless coming around the final bend on Belvano (we were on my brothers pick that day) at cheltenham on about 15 lengths behind and cruising up after the last and winning easily. (if i remember he was cursing that he used the whip at all and didnt need it)

He was excellent 95% of the time..

I'll always remember his ride on Frenchman's Creek in Cheltenham. Quality.

On a certain type of horse there was no one better.

How the **** is Chad Le Clos 14/1 in the 100M Butterfly. I've gone in with a decent sized bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

He drifted from 11/4 top price to 15/1 top price after the semi's for some reason despite a strong swim and nabbing lane 5 for the final. Surely Phelps will struggle from lane 2

Three way tied for second :(:pac:

Seems to be a few quid down on Nobel Aussie later at tipp. 8/1 from 20's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Betfred Mile winner Franklin D has suffered a fatal injury on the gallops this morning.

That's a real shame. :(

• Advertisement

My tracker has lit up with Sutter County, a horse that looked a monster early this season in his first run. Won giving weight away next time, was hoping to see him at Ascot Coventry but he never made it. Would like to see money for him to confirm his well being

Heartbreak City is getting some of my cash today. In good form, trainer is a master at prepping one for a big race and ground/trip and ratings boxes all ticked. Hope he settles and is covered up by the experienced claimer on board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

BumperD wrote: »
    Heartbreak City is getting some of my cash today. In good form, trainer is a master at prepping one for a big race and ground/trip and ratings boxes all ticked. Hope he settles and is covered up by the experienced claimer on board

BIG thanks NICE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Fair play bumper.. Some ride by young McNamara

Nonetheless looks overpriced in the last at hq tomorrow, race it won lto has worked out well, 2nd, 3rd and 5th all winning next time out and she ran through the line well. Jockey bookings suggest the stablemate is preferred but I put that down to a presidential decree being issued for his head to be lobbed off if he jumped ship! Plenty of potential in the race but 12/1 ew looks value. GL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

persuco is out again in ballinrobe tomorrow evening haven't heard anything from my connection this time thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Mad Brian worth a shout in the 7:00. Know one of the owners and they really rated this one until it fell a few years back and sustained a bad injury. Don't know will it ever be the same again, but this race isn't very strong. 11/2 best price now.

In a jock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

For Monday

Choo choo

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I know what it is.

But I'm not say nuffin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Can I get a PM lads pls. Bit slow on the uptake.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Can I get a PM lads pls. Bit slow on the uptake.

Can I get a pm too haven't a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭minibear

i think I'd prefer to guess... a female relative who turns or slides violently or uncontrollably? (my pathetic effort! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

can i get pm aswell ppplllsssss :)

Drove 700km today. Wrecked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'm sure he will put it up Monday as always guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Drove 700km today. Wrecked

Did you get to Kerry and realise you forgot your wallet?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Xyzforsure

What's the gg called lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'm sure the op will name it when they are ready but in fairness it's fairly obvious what it is by post #5184

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Let the man get his cash on 1st ffs.

Letting people know now who could potentially(Almost certainly) ruin the price for him with €10s or €20s bets.

When did this PM me shite start? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

When you asked for nudes!!! Ya get what ya asked for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Yeah it's by no means a cert but I'd imagine you'd get 12s or 14s the night before (too big even before seeing the draw or field). Sports book might even cock up as usual and go bigger. I'll know Sunday anyway and post hopefully will give a good account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Bit desperate isn't it. yuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Xyzforsure

Yeah it's by no means a cert but I'd imagine you'd get 12s or 14s the night before (too big even before seeing the draw or field). Sports book might even cock up as usual and go bigger. I'll know Sunday anyway and post hopefully will give a good account

We shall be on standby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Anybody listen to betting episode of the final furlong podcast??

It's a great listen

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

MS – We do not close accounts. We do restrict certain accounts, however, but these are a very small minority and these are almost exclusively because bets are not placed in good faith. For example, for customers abusing promotions.

How do they know what accounts are laying on Betfair? In reality they're just restricting people who beat SP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Birch's Banker Ulysses 4/5 fav :pac:

The Mig wrote: »
    Birch's Banker Ulysses 4/5 fav :pac:

Should have laid the bollox out of it. The man is a ****ing joke.

• Advertisement
Advertisement