Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Fenton 8/15. Win or lose, value was got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Fenton 8/15. Win or lose, value was got.

By PP's reckoning its between himself and Kilkenny, great shout though Jim..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

razorhead wrote: »
    By PP's reckoning its between himself and Kilkenny, great shout though Jim..

If Kilkenny gets it, I give up on Gaelic football, handpassing the ball sideways 50 times a game is no reason to get player of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Well lads, not sure if many of you follow the GAA championship but I had a good bet on the below yesterday.

Brian Fenton (Dublin) to be named Footballer of the Year @ 33/1 with Paddy Power

Didn't have a bet myself due to lack of interest in GAA.

Superb stuff Jim, I hope you had a few grand on.

Shemale wrote: »
    Didn't have a bet myself due to lack of interest in GAA.

Superb stuff Jim, I hope you had a few grand on.

Ironically a friend of mind sent me a pic about two hours ago from a public establishment and he the meat between he two same fellas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ryan Moore wins the Prix De L'Arc and the Ryder Cup in the same day. :D

2/5 now

Stuccodor no longer with Dermot Weld. Gone to Sophie Leech

1/4 now. Lavvvvly!

1/4 now. Lavvvvly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Thought he'd end up running at Shelbourne Park tbh

Thought he'd end up running at Shelbourne Park tbh

13K sterling he got for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

One of the biggest hounds in training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

One of the biggest hounds in training
    Fed up of that horse.

Gifted Master a big price Friday at 8/1 dropping back to his favoured trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

1/4 now. Lavvvvly!

First of all great shout Jim.

However, just heard Newstalk say Lee Keegan is the front runner for this. They are probably smoking crack but would there be the liquidity on this market for you to be thinking of a lay out? You are on at 33s, lay at say 1/3 or 2/5 nets you over 20 times your original stake.

Imhof Tank wrote: »

However, just heard Newstalk say Lee Keegan is the front runner for this. They are probably smoking crack but would there be the liquidity on this market for you to be thinking of a lay out? You are on at 33s, lay at say 1/3 or 2/5 nets you over 20 times your original stake.

He was 20's last night with PP who were the only one's pricing up. It's down to three now. Here's hoping Jim....

Imhof Tank wrote:

Imhof Tank wrote:

I hedged months ago on Kilkenny (fits profile of a POTY winner mentioned in my original post) and threw a 10r on Keegan at 25/1 this morning to cover my stake so I'm happy to leave it at that.

Paddy Power were slow to react to news of 3 nominees around 7am so took advantage (not meant as aftertimng)

Keegan was good but Fenton should have it fingers crossed.

Scum

:pac:

Girl on the train well worth a watch

• Advertisement

Lads anyone know a site that I can input existing prices and it'll give me the % book, or will I have to just do it out

Nevermind got one

Any chance of a link PC

Arb cruncher.com

Boylesports had this on their Facebook page earlier:

We've been forced to suspend betting on the Irish National Hunt Trainers' Championship after being bombarded with bets for Mullins today! Breaking news imminent!

Was backed into 1/5 before betting suspended.

Anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

I see Marju has died.In 1991 I had a hundred pounds e/way on him to win the Derby.Only for Generous I,d have collected enough to leave her.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

shamdrog63 wrote: »
    I see Marju has died.In 1991 I had a hundred pounds e/way on him to win the Derby.Only for Generous I,d have collected enough to leave her.......
    :D:D:D
    Nearly choked on my lunch you sod!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

"Nearly choked on my lunch you sod!" Which is exactly how I finally got rid of her, or so the coroner recorded.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

shamdrog63 wrote:

Aftertiming scumbag😅

I'm not one for talking through my pocket but my god George Baker is piss poor at times. Anzkhelika given far too much to do ffs there

Late,but Shabra's Bertolini in the 3:55 worth a punt, had it last week when it went close.

Late,but Shabra's Bertolini in the 3:55 worth a punt, had it last week when it went close.
    Don't think it liked the undulations of the track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Birch get's an 8/11 shot beat today. G'wan Birchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

I'm not one for talking through my pocket but my god George Baker is piss poor at times. Anzkhelika given far too much to do ffs there

I think it was ridden by Jimmy Fortune. George's wife was having a baby so he took the day off .

Pinesky wrote: »
    I think it was ridden by Jimmy Fortune. George's wife was having a baby so he took the day off .

Yeah saw that after alright.

John Birchys was beaten a nose yesterday (2/1). Delighted for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Massive gamble going on TIM VAUGHAN's runners at uttoxeter.

The bookies love these, they get to utterly shaft all the sheep who pile in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Agreed....and on form his best chance of a winneron form is his first runner Officer Houlihan 2.20. I wonder what will happen if it does win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

gazza1 wrote:
    Massive gamble going on TIM VAUGHAN's runners at uttoxeter.

Wait now for all the bookie PR Muppets to come out and say they've taken thousands and thousands worth of multiple bets

William hill tweeted saying a woman had 180k on Clinton in shop at 1/8. She literally must be the most idiotic punter in the world. 1/6 widely available my god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Someone else stuck €550k on her a few days ago 4/11 also with WH, lets hope she selected the right Clinton body double for the payout to be valid.

The biggest bet ever placed on any political event with William Hill remains the £900,000 gambled on the 2014 Scottish Referendum.
    The landed a South West London man a £1,093,333.33 payout.

7/1 for Clinton to withdraw? (not bill, hilly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Someone else stuck €550k on her a few days ago 4/11 also with WH, lets hope she selected the right Clinton body double for the payout to be valid.

The biggest bet ever placed on any political event with William Hill remains the £900,000 gambled on the 2014 Scottish Referendum.
    The landed a South West London man a £1,093,333.33 payout.

7/1 for Clinton to withdraw? (not bill, hilly).

Bar her dropping dead which could happen she has it in the bag surly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Probably @1.11 odds it's 'fairly safe' but along with health, there is also the wiki-leakers. That that bloke Lasagne and his Bear buddies, have plenty of time to shift through those 55,000 emails. Lets hope lady Baba Vanga (her not of the Vanga Boys fame) isn't right with her predictions of a 'nullified election'.

William hill tweeted saying a woman had 180k on Clinton in shop at 1/8. She literally must be the most idiotic punter in the world. 1/6 widely available my god

Haha Graham Sharpe said she had her reasons for backing with them and not to patronise someone I don't know because they don't conform to my ideas how they should act before blocking me. Haha what a gomie

Sure why would you want 33% more money for the exact same stake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Haha Graham Sharpe said she had her reasons for backing with them and not to patronise someone I don't know because they don't conform to my ideas how they should act before blocking me. Haha what a gomie

Sure why would you want 33% more money for the exact same stake?

She would have to find another bookie that would take a bet more than a few hundred

A 28k liability on a 170k bet any bookie would take that with open arms. Powers and lads and coral all 1/6 and more. Even 100 k at 1.2 on BF Ffs it's like she went out of her way for the worst possible value

Reminds me at a student race day with TCD few years back. Some shrewd lad backing a horse at 2/5 in a beginners having looked at the 1/2 at the next fella. He misunderstood the odds :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

A 28k liability on a 170k bet any bookie would take that with open arms. Powers and lads and coral all 1/6 and more. Even 100 k at 1.2 on BF Ffs it's like she went out of her way for the worst possible value

Could it be just pr spin and not a real bet

naughto wrote: »
    Could it be just pr spin and not a real bet

Very possibly unless they literally found their perfect customer

Did anyone here see my deleted post a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Knights Templar is first reserve in the 18 35 at Dundalk tomorrow and if he gets in I cant see the 33s lasting. Worth a 1 point investment in case.

Havlock Ellis Looks overpriced at 20s in the last. 1 pt win as well and .25pt double for the miricale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Haydock 2.35
    Quatrieme ami at 25/1
    Only had 1 run since a break , I copied this bit of info from trainers blog after that run about 2 months ago

After a blank week's racing Team McBride hitched up at York, where Quatrieme Ami was returning after a 5 month absence, and at Chelmsford, where Supreme Power made her maiden debut.
    First up was Quatrieme Ami in a highly competitive CL2 0-105 5F handicap.
    When you're off a mark of 94, there is no such thing as an easy race, so expectations weren't particularly high for the Equiano Colt who needed this run to blow off the cobwebs, and a high draw wasn't going to help and that is how it panned out.
    He was always running towards the rear of the field which was led out by Love on the Rocks. The pace was frenetic and Love on the Rocks paid for it inside the final furlong to be headed by East End Revue to beat her by 1/2L with Just Glamorous a further 1/2L back 3rd.
    Quatrieme Ami ran respectfully enough just 7 1/2L back in 13th place, and there is no doubt she will have been tuned up for better things to come.

• Advertisement

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Knights Templar is first reserve in the 18 35 at Dundalk tomorrow and if he gets in I cant see the 33s lasting. Worth a 1 point investment in case.

Havlock Ellis Looks overpriced at 20s in the last. 1 pt win as well and .25pt double for the miricale

Lol funny I had picked those two as well the only two for tomorrow. 10er e/w double and singles to chance

Advertisement