Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Didn't see the race but surprised he went off that price with bachasson in the field. How did bachasson run?

Get the ATR app and you can watch the race on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Gordon Elliott sends 4 over to Ayr tomorrow and jack Kennedy on the 2 in the Gordon Elliott racing club colours where as Richard Johnson is on the other too, anyone have an idea why Kennedy isn't on them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Forum legend See Double You also making the trip over to Ayr at the ripe old age of 14. I was told be one of the connections that they've tried retiring him, but he just wanted to keep going! Shame I don't feel the same way about heading into work tomorrow.

I see Padge Berry has passed away. RIP

Anyone see the Dougie Gittins incident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Anyone see the Dougie Gittins incident?

Yeah I seen it. I think he would have won had he not ran into the horse that finished third about a furlong out that was his worst mistake. Not sure he would have won had he not stood up before the line it was only the difference of about 10 yards but who knows the winner was crawling home, that run in at Kelso today was brutal some in running carnage id say.

Heres a link for those that may have missed it.

https://www.facebook.com/racinguk/videos/10154022462736736/

Hardly mistaken the winning post as they are like lollipops with the red circle on top..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If McCoy was on board, would have got back up but maybe not the amateur:)

I received a snap chat last night from family in England yesterday, they where celebrating after there horse won at Kelso at 66/1.
    I never even knew they owned a horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I received a snap chat last night from family in England yesterday, they where celebrating after there horse won at Kelso at 66/1.

Hope you sent the appropriate response. Picture of your middle finger and the caption 'after timing scum' :pac: :pac:

Packers and Cowboys one of the best games I ever saw

• Advertisement

Hope you sent the appropriate response. Picture of your middle finger and the caption 'after timing scum' :pac: :pac:

Packers and Cowboys one of the best games I ever saw

Feeling the effects of staying up to watch it now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

me too, brilliant game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Hope you shat in an envelope and posted it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Did they not ever give a shout to say he was running the shower of f1ucks

He's in my tracker now anyway :)

Anyone see the state of the riding in the 3:45 at Southwell? Don't think Serena Brotherton will have won many easier races than that before.

4:50 at Meydan looks interesting. Pat Cosgrave back on Anaerobio for the first time since he was banned here for 6 months after giving up the lead to a stablemate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

BumperD wrote: »

Its interesting but the bottom line is....they werent relegated so the bookie is correct not to pay..
    They died,were liquidated,ceased to exist...A new club applied for admission to the bottom tier of the scottish league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Its interesting but the bottom line is....they werent relegated so the bookie is correct not to pay..
    They died,were liquidated,ceased to exist...A new club applied for admission to the bottom tier of the scottish league

Agree. A price to be "relegated" isn't the same as a price to be liquidated and cast out of the league. And not the same as cases where clubs finish bottom after points are docked when they go into administration either.

Final Furlong pod were talking about this and predicting the punter would win.

• Advertisement

It's as if coral hired the most clueless counsel re gambling they could find some of the statements he came out with were peculiar to put it mildly. The claimant was a pro because he 'took part in an activity in the pursuit of profit'. Even the biggest mug is seeking profit what a statement

Can't listen to the final furlong it's absolute cringe. Their voices would go through you and they have these like private jokes that regular listeners obviously get but they giggle like school girls whispering about their first sexual encounter

Can't listen to the final furlong it's absolute cringe. Their voices would go through you and they have these like private jokes that regular listeners obviously get but they giggle like school girls whispering about their first sexual encounter

Kennedy presenting is cringe absolutely with all the gravy talk etc, but he is the driving force obviously and did well to get hooked up with ATR and has some great guests on such as Wylie, Henderson recently.

Really enjoying Kevin Blake, Tony Keenan and Rory Delargy however.

Aside from the canned laughter from emmet, I really enjoy it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/821735977324519424

For this alone they should lose the case, fluke win for sure but a win imo.

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/821735977324519424

For this alone they should lose the case, fluke win for sure but a win imo.

It means nothing
    Anyone can put anything they want in print..It doesnt make it true

Rangers died and ceased to exist .They were never relegated.A new club was formed..

Donald Trump is a good man...( see thats not true but could possibly be used in his defence at his war crimes trial next year)

Wrong, they are debating the term relegation if you followed the case, in court they are claiming they werent relegated, on their website they have contradicted themselves, he will be paid his money there was nothing in the betting rules about liquidation they started the next season in a lower division simple as that,

;the transfer of a sports team or player to a lower division of a league.

That is the definition of the word.

Wrong, they are debating the term relegation if you followed the case, in court they are claiming they werent relegated, on their website they have contradicted themselves, he will be paid his money there was nothing in the betting rules about liquidation they started the next season in a lower division simple as that,

;the transfer of a sports team or player to a lower division of a league.

That is the definition of the word.
    Except Rangers were never transferred to Division 3. The club finished the season, then went bankrupt and was wound up. An entirely new club was then created, this new club bought the Rangers name from the now bankrupt entity and then actually had to apply to the Scottish FA for admittance into the third division.

I hope this lad gets the money, but I don't see how he has a leg to stand on.

Except Rangers were never transferred to Division 3. The club finished the season, then went bankrupt and was wound up. An entirely new club was then created, this new club bought the Rangers name from the now bankrupt entity and then actually had to apply to the Scottish FA for admittance into the third division.

I hope this lad gets the money, but I don't see how he has a leg to stand on.

I dont know much about the case but I'm pretty sure they are still rangers football club? new owners doesnt mean its a new club.

• Advertisement

Im sure hes using a no win no fee solicitor :)

I dont know much about the case but I'm pretty sure they are still rangers football club? new owners doesnt mean its a new club.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_of_Rangers_F.C.#Liquidation_and_current_ownership

The details are all there. Technically, I don't think Rangers were actually ever relegated. The club simply ceased to be for a brief time, before it was re-formed and a new entity applied for permission to join the Scottish league.

The main question they're saying is the definition of relegation. Coral don't have a definition in their rules and it was pointed out in the dictionary in court it's to play in a lower league, says nothing about having to be bottom of table or anything.

Coral really do themselves no favours the amount of bad publicity from this. This is like the time they did Britain at the bookies times 10. Real own goals there.

They say he didn't inform them he was a bookmaker and he's semi pro cos he's trying to make profit I cannot fathom that. By their logic someone doing the lottery is semi pro. And what relevance does his former career have on it?

It is a new club.....
    I hope he gets his money but ..
    If you backed a horse to finish last ( if such a thing were possible) and the horse had a heart attack and died 2 furlongs out and never finished the race.
    Would he be deemed to have finished last.

It is a new club.....
    I hope he gets his money but ..
    If you backed a horse to finish last ( if such a thing were possible) and the horse had a heart attack and died 2 furlongs out and never finished the race.
    Would he be deemed to have finished last.

Not really relevant to the punter. If you back a club to win the league and they get taken over and win will the bet be void cos it's a new club?

Not really relevant to the punter. If you back a club to win the league and they get taken over and win will the bet be void cos it's a new club?
    Of course you pay out, but that is different. In that scenario, the club finished with the maximum amount of points, they lift the trophy, done deal.

Rangers didn't finish in the relegation zone, they weren't put into administration or docked x amount of points to relegate them, neither did the Scottish FA formally declare that they were being relegated into division 3. They simply ceased to be.

• Advertisement

Of course you pay out, but that is different. In that scenario, the club finished with the maximum amount of points, they lift the trophy, done deal.

Rangers didn't finish in the relegation zone, they weren't put into administration or docked x amount of points to relegate them, neither did the Scottish FA formally declare that they were being relegated into division 3. They simply ceased to be.

Im not saying anything about relegation. I'm pointing out flaws in their point of not paying based on it being a new club, not the method of relegation

The bet wasnt to finish in the relegation zone or finish with so many pts, it was to be in a lower division the next season and its a winner imo, Corals problem for not having conditions attached.

Peintre

We are not talking about new owners buying an existing club.
    The club ceased to exist....
    Rangers were liquidated..that means they died.ceased to exist
    A new club was formed and that club applied to the Scottish League for membership.
    A club can come out of administration (as an individual can come out of a coma) but liquidation of a corporate body is death....

I still hope he gets paid.

Part of Coral's defence is it's a new entity with new owners

Anyway back to horses

2 weeks ago I was given 3 horses for Dundalk
    Zanjabeel refused to leave stalls
    Equation time (non runner)
    Full Shilling came 6th

Last week Full shilling ran and won at 9/1

tonight Zanjabeel goes at 5.00 with Smullen up and Equation of Time goes in the 5.30

Might be worth a bet

• Advertisement

I full agree with MMM but just on the point about Corals not defining what relegation means in their ts&cs, I think it would be clearly implied in any Scottish football bet that "relegation" means relegation in accordance with the SFA rules - which I presume state something like the bottom 2[?] teams in the league at season end are "relegated"

The press release means nothing in a legal sense

How does the Irish placepot work because the winning units being multiplied with the winning amount per unit doesn't add up to the total prize fund where as when I do the same thing with Chepstow placepot today it was the exact amount of the total prize fund for Chepstow

How does the Irish placepot work because the winning units being multiplied with the winning amount per unit doesn't add up to the total prize fund where as when I do the same thing with Chepstow placepot today it was the exact amount of the total prize fund for Chepstow
    The tote take 20% for themselves, the remainder is divided between the winning units. ..or is it 25%.I forget

30% rake.

I can't read Andy holding's tips, I absolutely hate anyone writing like 'John Gosden's charge' 'the son of Galileo'. Read them he will have those two lines in absolutely every tip. Pure filler and irrelevant

I can't read Andy holding's tips, I absolutely hate anyone writing like 'John Gosden's charge' 'the son of Galileo'. Read them he will have those two lines in absolutely every tip. Pure filler and irrelevant

I listened to his podcast for Dundalk last night , for the first 5 races anyway and they all placed with 2 winners
    Hello Humphrey @7/1
    Ducchesoflorence @ 11/2
    He did put easy boy as his nap and song of love was next best and both where 3rd.

I listened to his podcast for Dundalk last night , for the first 5 races anyway and they all placed with 2 winners
    Hello Humphrey @7/1
    Ducchesoflorence @ 11/2
    He did put easy boy as his nap and song of love was next best and both where 3rd.

Ya he said a good tipster just can't read them. The one thing I'd say though is he has absolutely zero concept re price and I mean that. remember a few weeks ago he tipped one at 3/1 at Southwell who looked one of the worst priced horses of the week and had been about 6/1. BSP 7.6

This is our year YNWA

Sunday Forum is the best racing news show anywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement