Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Has anyone elses Virgin Media got to ****e lately.

Rang them, ate them, they gave me a lower price, new hub, new phone, increased speed but its ****ing worse. Still in cooling off period, reckon I will use it as the ****ing off period.

Was great until about 2 weeks before the country outage and gone to **** since :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Auvergnat and minella Rocco e w double for chelt

Easy

Folsom Blue tomorrow

Easy
    I must be Mad Francie, but I am doing Mad Brian at 40/1 in that race. I know one of the connections, they really rate the horse, but it has had lots of problems and may not have the ability it once had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

What are they?

SIS on 4.8e, if you have a motorised dish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

abarkie wrote: »
    SIS on 4.8e, if you have a motorised dish

Oh ok.
    No I don't. Asked my Sub provider about it alright. He said there's not many doing it but it's very espensive to get he says. Only have the Sky channels on Astra28.2

Alex Hammond Tip of the Day

Lough Derg Spirit

2:40 Musselburgh

2/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Lough Derg Spirit

2/1

Peter The Mayo Man it is so....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Haha my god Our Vinnie was cut in a few places last night for the two o'clock here thought to myself they'll never let it win today... some geniuses have it backed for a few hundred below 10 on BF, 134 at 7.4. Now 75 :pac:

Lough Derg Spirit

2/1

It won :o

I must be Mad Francie, but I am doing Mad Brian at 40/1 in that race. I know one of the connections, they really rate the horse, but it has had lots of problems and may not have the ability it once had.
    Nabs some sneaky place money with a 4th place.

Lads, I might have a winner for you all later this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Lads why is Jamie codd not a pro jockey he is a quality rider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

If he became a professional, he wouldn't be able to ride in a point-to-points, which he really seems to focus on, and is probably the best rider. Since 1999/2000 season he's had 812 winners in point-to-points, 3566 rides. That's excluding any rides/winners on the race course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

convert wrote: »
    If he became a professional, he wouldn't be able to ride in a point-to-points, which he really seems to focus on, and is probably the best rider. Since 1999/2000 season he's had 812 winners in point-to-points, 3566 rides. That's excluding any rides/winners on the race course.

What that other lads name oh yeah Dereck O. Connor sure wasn't codd known as dickie till he won his first ptp championship.

Made up a quick sweepstakes for the Superbowl

Bragging rights to the winner

https://goo.gl/forms/LFdG3iEqSNECKt8Y2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Answers submitted ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Completed, safe to say I'll be cheering for the NEP to complete the '1974/1 8-fold'. Predict either a HC+3 draw or just a total whitewash by the Patriots.

accumulator.png

I said wrote: »
    What that other lads name oh yeah Dereck O. Connor sure wasn't codd known as dickie till he won his first ptp championship.

There's a deference between best and most winners. For me there'd be no doubt over who I'd prefer in the saddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Oh ok.
    No I don't. Asked my Sub provider about it alright. He said there's not many doing it but it's very espensive to get he says. Only have the Sky channels on Astra28.2

For educational purposes I presume. You dont need a "sub provider" or an internet connection.

The encryption system is broken and the keys are in the wild.

There are idiots out there selling these for 800 yo yo's. The boxes cost €20.

STB. wrote: »
    For educational purposes I presume. You dont need a "sub provider" or an internet connection.

The encryption system is broken and the keys are in the wild.

There are idiots out there selling these for 800 yo yo's. The boxes cost €20.

My box is connected the 28.2 and Ive a line for my Sky including Racing UK HD ;)

Few tracks gone from SIS now though.

From the start of 2017, the TRP service will provide pictures, commentary and data from all of the racecourses previously owned by Arena Leisure (Doncaster, Lingfield Park, Royal Windsor, Southwell, Wolverhampton, and Worcester racecourses). Coverage from Fakenham, Hexham and Towcester will be added to the schedule from May 2017, with 13 more racecourses (Bath, Brighton, Chepstow, Ffos Las, Fontwell Park, Great Yarmouth, Hereford, Newcastle, Newton Abbot, Plumpton, Ripon, Sedgefield and Uttoxeter racecourses) added from January 2018.

Ladbrokes dont have the rights in their shops for the channel so theres been no Racing from the above tracks in Lads for the past few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Yes copper I know. TRP is on 4.8E.

Dont ever use what you described you are using for betting in running. Its miles behind.

• Advertisement

Only in running betting id do is when Im at the track myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Mc Coy is on the Tommy Tiernan Show now, he looks so different.

Completed, safe to say I'll be cheering for the NEP to complete the '1974/1 8-fold'. Predict either a HC+3 draw or just a total whitewash by the Patriots.

That ladies and gentlemen is what you call a game of ball.
    28-34 to the NEP in O'Time (for the 1st time ever).
    This game makes rugby look like bridge.

Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

That ladies and gentlemen is what you call a game of ball.
    28-34 to the NEP in O'Time (for the 1st time ever).
    This game makes rugby look like bridge.

Did you work out what the horse that lost cost you ?

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Did you work out what the horse that lost cost you ?

ah it's only bunches of numbers at the end of the day ,on the aul calculator. Wouldn't like to multiply them using the horsey-fractional system that's for sure. Thank goodness for the Hindu-Arabic decimal numeral founders.

Didn't look at the exchanges during that Superbowl but can only imagine the Patriots must have been well up in the triple digits before the 28-3 deficit comeback and win.

There's a deference between best and most winners. For me there'd be no doubt over who I'd prefer in the saddle.

Ya don't ride 1100 winners been a bad jockey either.O Connor best man for a young ptp horse learning it's trade.

Just discovered there's a leaving cert study log forum on here

Sad cases

Sad cases

I didn't do enough study to make a log for my leaving cert :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I said wrote: »
    Ya don't ride 1100 winners been [sic] a bad jockey either.O Connor best man for a young ptp horse learning it's [sic] trade.

You mean 1,105 winners. And would you please tell me where exactly I said he was a "bad" rider? All I stated was that I would prefer Codd riding one of my horses, green, novice or otherwise, rather than O'Connor. Simple. Personal preference of horsemanship style.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

No bigger certainty in a bumper than Derek O Conor being out the back hate punting him on the track gave up years ago when he does ride one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sad cases

Does your banning order of 2 miles away from schools not apply to Boards.ie forums too? :pac::pac:

There's a deference [sic]between best and most winners. For me there'd be no doubt over who I'd prefer in the saddle.
    What I said was you can't be to bad to ride 1100+ winners

Anyone want tickets for the Leopardstown Gold Cup on Sunday? Stan James are running a competition, giving away 10x2 tickets every day until Friday. Hardly anyone entered, so you have a good chance at winning. They will ask for a stanjames account ID to get you your tickets, but you can just create one.

https://twitter.com/stanjames/status/828891072046657537

• Advertisement

Excellent interview. Would rather listen to that fella talk about horses all day long than anything from Ruby/Willie.

Hazariban going to England tomorrow a daft price 25:1

Excellent interview. Would rather listen to that fella talk about horses all day long than anything from Ruby/Willie.

The Golden Oriele he mentioned is entered for Sunday

Kempton 5.50
    Swendab @ 6/1 should go close running in his first class 7 contest, he usually races up with the pace and is a good battler which is important in class 7s.
    He was 2nd in a class 6 last time and has been in good form, if he gets out in front I don't expect him to be passed, the only danger is the fav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Hazariban going to England tomorrow a daft price 25:1

Only 12's from 25's with Powers now

• Advertisement

Only 12's from 25's with Powers now

Ya surprised powers went that high they usually err on the side of caution with Irish horses (and probably right). Seamus wouldn't be sending it over for a view of the Irish Sea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Wouldnt say they laid more than a 100 quid at 25s.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Wouldnt say they laid more than a 100 quid at 25s.

Prob true I've had 100 on a 16 or 20/1 shot in shop night before and it's moved it. Score with VC from a restricted account was enough to shift them

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

Ya surprised powers went that high they usually err on the side of caution with Irish horses (and probably right). Seamus wouldn't be sending it over for a view of the Irish Sea

His other horse randalls allannah is after winning the 2oclock race; i have both them backed in an eachway double.
    heres hoping

Kempton 5.50
    Swendab @ 6/1 should go close running in his first class 7 contest, he usually races up with the pace and is a good battler which is important in class 7s.
    He was 2nd in a class 6 last time and has been in good form, if he gets out in front I don't expect him to be passed, the only danger is the fav.

Boom boom

Hope whoever is ruining prices the night before dies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Hope whoever is ruining prices the night before dies

Which horse?

Complicit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

I see another I cloud celeb account has being hacked I have to say there quite good

naughto wrote: »
    I see another I cloud celeb account has being hacked I have to say there quite good

Indeed..

Thought it looked like Alan Shearer on one photo with her :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement