Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Tom Malone and Joe Tizzard bought it.. So you can guess who it's for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Tom Malone and Joe Tizzard bought it.. So you can guess who it's for....

Tescos? Aldi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

danganabu wrote: »
    Tescos? Aldi?

HAHAHAHAHA :pac:

The horse will run in the Potts Colours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Lads in one word your best bet of chelt (and the race maybe)

Singlefarmpayment e w RSA 33/1

Someone today posted about Edwulf for the four miler a very good spot I think

And look at the champion chase market Douvan won't be beat but Gods Own is a great price at 20/1 for your each way multiples getting 5/1 the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Being Ap on BBC2 at half 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

And look at the champion chase market Douvan won't be beat but Gods Own is a great price at 20/1 for your each way multiples getting 5/1 the place

Only on the place part of your stake though, should get a better price in the without market.

Shemale wrote: »
    Only on the place part of your stake though, should get a better price in the without market.

Hardly, 4/1 without, the e w is a far better bet not even comparable

Horse Racing Ireland’s chief executive Brian Kavanagh has said it is a case of “short-term pain for long-term gain” in relation to the application of a 6,000 attendance limit for the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby at the Curragh both this year and in 2018.

25 thousand attended in 2015
    18 thousand in 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Humming and hawing, but in the end I had a small bet on Questionation at 3/1 in the bumper at Wetherby. Interesting booking of Geraghty, the Crawford's don't usually send a bumper horse over for nothing and this doesn't look a strong bumper.

Hardly, 4/1 without, the e w is a far better bet not even comparable

EW you are getting 5/1 the place on half your total stake. The only way ew is better is if he beats Douvan, which he wont.

Shemale wrote: »
    EW you are getting 5/1 the place on half your total stake. The only way ew is better is if he beats Douvan, which he wont.

What are you talking about? Not only is 5/1 bigger than 4/1 but you're getting it if he comes in the first three regardless not just second to Douvan

If The field cuts up to about six runners and altior UDS and fox norton don't go hell go off about 8/1 second fav and be near 2/1 to place in place only two places

We're doing it all wrong.

http://betting.boylesports.com/horse-racing/dublin-punter-wins-e21360-3-horses-5-minutes
    One lucky Dublin punter turned their €2 Virtual Horse Racing bet into a whopping €21,360.50 after their three selections all won on Tuesday evening in less than five minutes.

The customer, who wishes to remain anonymous, placed a €0.50 Trixie on horse No. 1 in the following races; 5:05 Hunter Valley, 5:05 Langley Park and the 5:09 Dayton Beach.

All three selections won at each virtual track at odds of 33/1, 16/1 and 66/1.

There is certainly nothing virtual about a winner and it goes to show that favourite numbers can click, number one in this case.

Virtual Betting continues to prove popular with our customers and after the latest win we are sure to see a further surge in virtual bets especially after the large prices the customer’s selections won at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Pr stunt to get people to place similar mug bets, didnt happen.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Pr stunt to get people to place similar mug bets, didnt happen.

Convenient they wish to stay anonymous alright.

Don't want people knowing he/she bets on Virtuals :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Wish they'd advertise the 1,000's who frequent their shops straight after collecting the dole/pay check queuing to put on virtual bets and losing. I guess they won't as they also wish to remain anonymous

Copper you're worse for sharing such nonsense. You'd lose count how many ads you see on tv during racing or football encouraging accas and money back on five plus etc. Yet to see one 'have your bad e w doubles with us here at ladbrokes'

• Advertisement

1.01 the bookie has every penny back within the month.

The good thing about the virtual racing is the hot favourite is never a non runner :pac:

Interestingly this is the first big win I have ever heard of on the virtuals since they were introduced, now why could that be?

I hear of the odd one or two (usually boyles funnily enough). Their pr department have better fiction writers than Rowling

Shame for the punter, if he did the bet in another bookie he would have got better odds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Disgusting ride by jack kennedy on realt mor there, no interest whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Betbright have Oh This Is Us at 20s in the last at Meydan, they took a score of me aswell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was an eventful mares novice chase to say the least. I'd say lots of people did their nuts on it.

Good win for Richie Lawlor.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    That was an eventful mares novice chase to say the least. I'd say lots of people did their nuts on it.

Good win for Richie Lawlor.

Delighted for Richie and his wife Shauna.

Delighted for Richie and his wife Shauna.

A thoroughly likable couple

New Sporting Life website is awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

As is the new racing post website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Totally agree but you can still use the old one here.
    Hope this helps

http://www.sportinglive.co.uk/racing

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    As is the new racing post website
    Same goes for the new betfair site.

Everything is being dumbed down for tablets.

Same goes for the new betfair site.

Everything is being dumbed down for tablets.

Dont see why they have it dumbed down for tablet because anytime I try go onto the racingpost site on the tablets browser it redirects me to the app. That racingpost website was great. ****e now.

Dont see why they have it dumbed down for tablet because anytime I try go onto the racingpost site on the tablets browser it redirects me to the app. That racingpost website was great. ****e now.

With the Racing Post site.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page and hit RETURN TO RACINGPOST.COM it will bring you back to a new version of the old site with all the stats like before. Doesnt show on my phone but is there on the tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Anyone know of any tickets going for gold cup day? One of the lads has left it late and they now appear sold out the clown.

You'll get tickets on the day from touts outside if all else fails.

Did anyone spot any horses that ran on Friday night that were surely very, very good things next time out? I think I have one.

Did anyone spot any horses that ran on Friday night that were surely very, very good things next time out? I think I have one.
    no trick question either, incredibly blatant based on performance and recent form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

The horse Heffernan was brought in for? Will be winning when it tries

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ban be over turned no doubt.

no trick question either, incredibly blatant based on performance and recent form.

If Peintre Celebre didn't see it, then literally no one did - that's all the clues you get.

• Advertisement

If Peintre Celebre didn't see it, then literally no one did - that's all the clues you get.

Why are you answering your own questions?! I know its quiet around here at times but..... :pac:

gazza1 wrote: »
    With the Racing Post site.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page and hit RETURN TO RACINGPOST.COM it will bring you back to a new version of the old site with all the stats like before. Doesnt show on my phone but is there on the tablet

Doesnt work on my android tablet? Are you on an Ipad by any chance?

Not a clue Francie? Voyage of discovery prob the one I took away from last night but a bit hard to win with and has been backed a fair few times

Doesnt work on my android tablet? Are you on an Ipad by any chance?

No. Im on an android tablet. I dont have it with me atm as im in work but it should be there at the very bottom on the left side.

No. Im on an android tablet. I dont have it with me atm as im in work but it should be there at the very bottom on the left side.

Will have another look but 99.9% it wasnt there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭BQQ

Totally agree but you can still use the old one here.
    Hope this helps

http://www.sportinglive.co.uk/racing

Thank you.
    I was this || close to exploding with rage

Will have another look but 99.9% it wasnt there.

How did you get on ?
    I've just checked on my tablet again and the option RETURN TO RACING POST.COM is under ABOUT Us at the very bottom of the page. It doesn't appear immediately, give it about 5 secs and it will appear then. Once in you can then choose a race and the stats will appear again after about 5 secs.
    GL

How did you get on ?
    I've just checked on my tablet again and the option RETURN TO RACING POST.COM is under ABOUT Us at the very bottom of the page. It doesn't appear immediately, give it about 5 secs and it will appear then. Once in you can then choose a race and the stats will appear again after about 5 secs.
    GL

Ah I see it now cheers. Just tried it on the tablet there but when I click on it refreshes the webpage and returns to the beta sight which is muck. Nice one anyways.

A pint of plain is your only man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

A pint of plain is your only man :)

Beamish

Advertisement