Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

jimjamcos wrote: »
    I know the BDO has always been poor in comparison to PDC but my God, watching these matches today the difference in standard looks similar to that of Paralympics V Olympics. Some woeful throwing.

Yeah agreed, I've often said its special category

The standard in the PDC gets better every year. The BDO stays at a constant state of rubbish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

How many winners will venetia have tomorrow some good chances plumpton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Yeah agreed, I've often said its special category

The standard in the PDC gets better every year. The BDO stays at a constant state of rubbish

I'd say the BDO is getting worse if anything! It's hard work watching it after PDC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

40s for the FA Cup :pac:

My brother in law is actually a Southampton fan, the only one I know!

Have that aswell, e/w with hills at 40's. They haven't been too hot recently though. Still, 40s was big

Anyone any idea of the largest amount ever traded on a single Betfair market? Googling hasn't done me any good

Have seen €40m+ matched on tennis games

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Have that aswell, e/w with hills at 40's. They haven't been too hot recently though. Still, 40s was big

Yeah their form has nose dived but their post match stats are still quite strong I've been reliably informed

Hopefully a few big guns are knocked out & a few others take their eye off the ball come the business end of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Colonel I'm pretty sure it was on a Wimbledon match just can't think of what one

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Colonel I'm pretty sure it was on a Wimbledon match just can't think of what one

Thinking of some of the gruelling 5 set finals

Federer vs Nadal (think this was 08) & Federer vs Roddick the following year

Edit: or maybe that one involving John Isner, the longest match ever

Thinking of some of the gruelling 5 set finals

Federer vs Nadal (think this was 08) & Federer vs Roddick the following year

That Roddick one went to 25 games in the final set or something ridiculous like that. Probably that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Having my weekly shower before I hit the beer. Few cans of Guinness

• Advertisement

That Roddick one went to 25 games in the final set or something ridiculous like that. Probably that one

I was at Blur in Hyde Park the Friday of that weekend & Sea The Stars Eclipse the day before. The lad I was with had punted him pre tournament at big prices

Watched it in a pub but missed the end as I'd to head to get my flight!

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Having my weekly shower before I hit the beer. Few cans of Guinness

Trying to stay off the beer for the month of January.

Let's see how long I last. Not a session drinker bar a few times a year but I do enjoy a bottle or two the odd evening

Lads what was the hyped pointer last season I think it was a galileo had sea in the name I think anyone think of it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

These are the results that came up for Galileo progeny on the ptp website: http://www.p2p.ie/horses.php. And these are the results for horses with 'sea' in the name: http://www.p2p.ie/horses.php I don't see one that matches your description.

convert wrote: »
    These are the results that came up for Galileo progeny on the ptp website: http://www.p2p.ie/horses.php. And these are the results for horses with 'sea' in the name: http://www.p2p.ie/horses.php I don't see one that matches your description.

Cheers for that.

I obviously have it wrong,cant think for the life of me what the horse was I remember reading about a horse winning a point impressively with a flat pedigree last season thought it was a galileo maybe it had urban in the name :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

kiers47 wrote: »
    HTML is quite easy really. Java is a good one to know and has quite a few similarities with C so if your already competent with C you should have no problems with that.
    Google W3C schools - lots of HTML tutorials there for help.
    I would say a software development course would be a good one to do and they teach such courses in most colleges around.

Cheers man, It's good to hear they are ok, pascal is a bastard so the newer languages should be easier?

I will have a look at the W3C schools to see what I think.

Are the microsoft courses any use?

Using the phone and couldn't be @rsed going upstairs for the laptop

I'm pretty sure footballdata.co.uk has historic bookmakers prices as well as results, anyone know if Pinnacle's closing line is up on it?

Looking at revised FA Cup betting. Southampton are 20s, the big Premier League 7 (ex Spurs who were knocked out today) are all shorter but it's then 66s bar

Hoping for a kind draw in the 4th round!

I know the BDO has always been poor in comparison to PDC but my God, watching these matches today the difference in standard looks similar to that of Paralympics V Olympics. Some woeful throwing.

Lol it's on BBC now, the defending champion Waites is 2 sets down in a best of three and how does he respond, in the way you would expect a BDO champ to, he throws a 43 and 60 to try get himself out of trouble. I could give him a match and I haven't thrown darts in about 15 years!

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Lol it's on BBC now, the defending champion Waites is 2 sets down in a best of three and how does he respond, in the way you would expect a BDO champ to, he throws a 43 and 60 to try get himself out of trouble. I could give him a match and I haven't thrown darts in about 15 years!

I just noticed MartinGerry Adams even plays in it

• Advertisement

Scarface on rte for the millionth time

Still great all the same.

Last leg of set 2 and the guy doing the scores looks seriously ****ed off with all the talking and he says "wun wundreh" for 100. It's no wonder they have Bowen doing the commentary, it's like the amateurs from Bullseye without the questions!

I **** you not, these are the real scores:

Razma (Greece) V Michael (Latvia)

14 (missed D2)
    2 (missed D2 twice)
    34 (missed D20)
    D1

I might get a dartboard in the garage, invite my friends around, call it World Darts Championship and charge people €20 a head to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Utd short arms long pockets and then Bayern go out and buy Lewandowski to add to their super squad,mind blowing.

sting60 wrote: »
    Utd short arms long pockets and then Bayern go out and buy Lewandowski to add to their super squad,mind blowing.

They aren't 'buying' him. Getting him on a free, which makes it worse. Bargain of the century!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

They aren't 'buying' him. Getting him on a free, which makes it worse. Bargain of the century!
    **** OFF.Just got text to say he joined tonight.Assumed it was for major money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Incredible game here in the first NFL playoff game. #overs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭kksaints

Incredible game here in the first NFL playoff game. #overs

What a game! Go Colts!!!

sting60 wrote: »
    **** OFF.Just got text to say he joined tonight.Assumed it was for major money.

Nope, his contract runs out in Summer and he's not moving till then. Serious business by Bayern. Got to feel sorry for Dortmund though.

The curse of Godolphin struck again that colt they bought off hannon piping rock died of colic

Always thought that 2yr PETER MARTINS was going to be a top notcher pity he never seen the track after his debut.

• Advertisement

SRFC wrote: »
    The curse of Godolphin struck again that colt they bought off hannon piping rock died of colic

Always thought that 2yr PETER MARTINS was going to be a top notcher pity he never seen the track after his debut.

They've some talent for ruining a horse whether by bad luck or poor campaigning. Even Dawn Approach looked unbeatable till they got their hands on him for big bucks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Out since 6pm. Long day tomorrow.

Looked at Swansea (draw no bet) @ 4/1 and thought it was serious bet before deciding to stay loyal and support United instead. Really regretting that now. We are beyond useless.

Looked at Swansea (draw no bet) @ 4/1 and thought it was a serious bet before deciding to stay loyal and support United instead. Really regretting that decision now. We are beyond useless.

Looked at Swansea (draw no bet) @ 4/1 and thought it was serious bet before deciding to stay loyal and support United instead. Really regretting that now. We are beyond useless.

Moyes wont be in that job next christmas NAP.

• Advertisement

Worst thing is, he probably will. Anybody opposing United regularly this season must be up a whopper %. They've been the wrong price most of their games. Average team bar Rooney & RVP and a frightened manager. Sad to say, coming from a fan. Think I'm gonna start opposing them from now on if the bookies continue to overrate them, especially if missing the two players mentioned.

Worst thing is, he probably will. Anybody opposing United regularly this season must be up a whopper %. They've been the wrong price most of their games. Average team bar Rooney & RVP and a frightened manager. Sad to say, coming from a fan. Think I'm gonna start opposing them from now on if the bookies continue to overrate them, especially if missing the two players mentioned.

Money over heart any day,rather have money in my pocket than see some football team winning,Moyes hasnt got the pedigree for the job hasnt won f all with everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭kksaints

Money over heart any day,rather have money in my pocket than see some football team winning,Moyes hasnt got the pedigree for the job hasnt won f all with everton.

Personally I dont bet on matches that involves the teams I support.

kksaints wrote: »

I have backed against Ireland many of times and cant remember losing much,only time lately I got cleaned was sweden away match had a good bet on them :mad: Up the last few years though since the team went down hill you'd have to be stupid to not want to make money in any market just because you follow them.

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »

Me neither usually. Never feels right hoping for your team to be beaten. The prices you'd be playing at wouldn't be massive anyway. Swansea's price of 6/1, 11/2 was nice today though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

I see boards was down for a while there this evening..mod edit: <snip>
    After today of say briar hill will be going over 3m in march

ste2010 wrote: »
    I see boards was down for a while there this evening..<snip>

Yep, I'd say so. BH looks a right lazy sort though. Can see Ruby having to wake him up a long way from home with Kings Palace out in front jumping like a cat. I predict a Boston Bob episode.

Dya want an Evens bet on that?

He'll definitely get two full seasons, would be my guess.

I see boards was down for a while there this evening..<snip>

Hopefully,I thought he was shocking today I know hes never flashy but apache jack is a useless thing I know he gave 10lb but it wasnt a great performance a strong run race in a big field should suit more

You're alright I wouldnt like to take your money,few more defeats and he is under sever pressure the team is playing terribly.

He'll definitely get two full seasons, would be my guess.

Not if they keep losing he wont

Hopefully,I thought he was shocking today I know hes never flashy but apache jack is a useless thing I know he gave 10lb but it wasnt a great performance a strong run race in a big field should suit
    More

There's no way he'll be kept
    Over 2m4 after today...not a hope! Faugheen will be Neptune bound

Robbie Green throwing some Darts (guessing this ain't live)

What a gigantic individual though

Hopefully,I thought he was shocking today I know hes never flashy but apache jack is a useless thing I know he gave 10lb but it wasnt a great performance a strong run race in a big field should suit
    More

There's no way he'll be kept
    Over 2m4 after today...not a hope! Faugheen will be Neptune bound

1.01 it was Mullins not to give a target after the race

"He will get an entry for the three races at Cheltenham (the Supreme Novices, the Neptune and the Albert Barlett), but I imagine we will be looking at the Neptune or the Albert Bartlett, depending on what other runners we have."

• Advertisement
Advertisement