Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Slattsy wrote: »
    All over France at 13/2. Was expecting them to be near favourites at 4 or 5s.

I think its between France and Spain personally.. But Spain really lacking a World class striker.
    France for me, fresh batch of players with the talent and the hunger to win a big tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ENG-ER-LAND ENG-ER-LAND ENG-ER-LAND :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

ENG-ER-LAND ENG-ER-LAND ENG-ER-LAND :D

Lern to spel probrly....its
    ING-ER-LAND!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I think its between France and Spain personally.. But Spain really lacking a World class striker.

Spain juiced again win :)

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/ewan-mackenna-murky-questions-surround-spanish-footballs-golden-era-and-people-might-not-like-the-answers-36943284.html

Edit: I’m not tipping Spain BTW !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

belgium for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

No 0-0 in group games is 16-1
    Big ask but having a taste

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

France won't win anything with Deschamps in charge. Zee Germans to do the back ta back ta for me.

If that fails Brazil to pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

I must try crunch some figures on that but at first glance that looks like one of the worst value bets I've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Agree with other poster: rotten odds, and a slightly rotten bet.

For 0-0 (90mins) not to appear across 'x48 group games', the odds should be closer to around 34/1.

And they are... (Hills),
    or the WhatOddsPaddy...
    Sky likely also have something similar on their requestabet thingy.

T- 7days, 20hrs, 40mins 0secs.

Just on this, it probably should be closer to a 4 figure price than double figures

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Just on this, it probably should be closer to a 4 figure price than double figures

I would say probably closer to what accumulator said in the previous post about 33/1-40/1.

I did a calc just on PP prices of over 0.5 goals and an accum on first round matches pays 1.75/1 so say about 2/1.
    You can't combine 2nd and 3rd round results with the first I suppose for obvious reasons. But I'm guessing the odds would be somewhere in the same ball park.

So combining the 3 the odds are 2/1x2/1x2/1 ~26/1
    Obviously even rounding up from 1.75/1 to 2/1 is still gonna have a fair bit of juice in it for Paddy. So I think adding 50% would be in order for minimum price to be anyway considered value. 40/1 maybe.

I wouldn't in the slightest be a football punter I can't remember the last time I had a bet on it tbh, but the maths stand. 4 figures would be ridiculous imo.

I will add that the above was done on by no means any football stats knowledge and if the bookies are taking a ridiculous cut on that market then the figures are going to be slightly skewed. Even so I think it's safe to say that we can be quite confident the true price is something in the 60/1-33/1 range.

So still quite a bit away from 16/1 but not quite 4 figures.

This is simple to work out if one knows the average price of 0-0 for the 48 group games.

e.g. if 0-0 is 10/1 (real price after eliminating bookies margin) then not 0-0 is obviously 1/10

If the price of not 0-0 in each game is 1/10 then the price of no 0-0 in 48 games is (1.1)^48 which is just over 96/1. 10/1 0-0 is way too big looking at goals expectations for the first round matches and the price of no 0-0 match goes up quite quickly as the average price does

If it's 1/9 then no 0-0 is 156/1

At 1/8 it's 284/1

At 1/7 it's 606/1

At 1/6 1,633/1

This assumes approximate independence of results (in favour of the bet) as if games are having goals (which must be the case if the bet is still to be alive) then I'm struggling to see how the probability of "not 0-0" could be decreasing vs your estimate before a ball is kicked

I see where your going and yes it's pretty easy to work out. But there are going to be a number of those games where not 0-0 is going to be closer to 1/30 than 1/10.

I think you'd have to admit yourself that your 4 figure statement is pretty inacurate. If it is indeed a treble figure price which I am still inclined to not believe it is. Then it will certainly be closer to double digits that 4 figures.

Either way I think we can agree 16/1 is scandalous.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Either way I think we can agree 16/1 is scandalous.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

High Taylor is in form at the moment. Two at good enough prices today again.

Hugh is some man in fairness. It's virtually impossible to get on at advised price though..

He’s knocked in another today

Anyone seeing this BetVictor Million pound bet thing.

Some lad landed some ridiculous one today.

https://twitter.com/gamray/status/1007716295478038528?s=19

• Advertisement

kiers47 wrote: »
    Anyone seeing this BetVictor Million pound bet thing.

'Stars are doing '100 Million', but requires correct outcome (WDW) to every WC game.
    Am just 2pts off so far, but ranked 78,000th.
    Unlikely outcome for anyone, and thus thus realistic alternate nb single prize is just $10k and some naff token.

Powers are doing €/£1m challenge, but requires correct AvB (evens) choice for x20 questions, bit like flipping a coin heads up for 20 sequential flips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

'Stars are doing '100 Million', but requires correct outcome (WDW) to every WC game.
    Am just 2pts off so far, but ranked 78,000th.
    Unlikely outcome for anyone, and thus thus realistic alternate nb single prize is just $10k and some naff token.

Powers are doing €/£1m challenge, but requires correct AvB (evens) choice for x20 questions, bit like flipping a coin heads up for 20 sequential flips.

What?

What?

You must be living under a rock, they've both spend a fair bit of dolla' advertising these free to enter 'win a million' type things.

https://starschallenge.betstars.uk/#
    https://news.paddypower.com/propaganda/2018/06/06/play-beat-the-drop-for-free-and-you-could-win-a-million/

Coolmore has bought Annie Power. In foal to Galileo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Dermot Weld has a horse running in Micheal Tabors colours tonight ,,this must be the first horse he has trained for them l wonder .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Dermot Weld has a horse running in Micheal Tabors colours tonight ,,this must be the first horse he has trained for them l wonder .

What time?

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    What time?

7.05 Bright eyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Tremenjous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

poxy french

poxy french

You were pretty unlucky with that exact match. It was strange. I thought with the other game being 2-0 to Peru that Denmark would have a good crack at it but in the end they seemed happy with the draw which is pretty odd considering they had a free shot at trying to top the group.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Sh*te World Cup so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Gala N Dandy 6.20 Tipp. From previous info today should be the day!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Gala N Dandy 6.20 Tipp. From previous info today should be the day!!:)

Hope no one saw this on time!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Its on !!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Why is Lukaku available to lay at ~30/1 on betfair at the moment? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

robbiezero wrote: »
    Why is Lukaku available to lay at ~30/1 on betfair at the moment? Am I missing something?

oops. forgot 3rd place playoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

William Haggas told Nick Luck that after he had an odds-on fav beaten last week, he received an e-mail from a punter who told him that he would run over his kids in a car.

Sick individual!

Go collect

Well in Slattsy and Francie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yipee :)

• Advertisement

Wicklow brave unbelievable price here should be 1/3

All in

akelly02 wrote: »

All in

If only it was all that easy

4/5 an absolute gift

All in

Thanks

Thanks

Sarcasm I take it

Sarcasm I take it

No not at all seen you post while I had the pp app open and got on only at 1/2 but I’ll take it

No not at all seen you post while I had the pp app open and got on only at 1/2 but I’ll take it

1/2 was that in running?

1/2 was that in running?

Ya it was

• Advertisement

Great mid season flat review today on ATR for anyone wanting to catch up

Monday View program

Link http://www.attheraces.com/home