Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Hugh is at it again today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

munster87 wrote: »
    Hugh is at it again today

One of the chaps on the 'more favourable' list of tipsters. Many others are 'false positives' and I usually go directly opposite to their suggestions.

He's up 92.8125 (so far), thank goodness for decimal settings options, multiplying fractions - ain't nobody got time for dat.

t9rPdNR.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Slight correction to above, LN@5.5 wasn't his, but this one (also @5.5) was:

rPfOy9B.png

Overall he managed 3 from 4 today (4th placed).
    The triple price estimate 92.8 (and above if early priced).
    +280pts over previous 2yrs ain't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Little query if anyone could help me out.
    I done a lucky 31 today and on the docket I have written n/r = fav.
    One of my horses was withdrawn at the start when he was fav and the market didn’t reform(it had 5 mins to do so but didn’t ).
    I taught that my bet then went on to the 2nd fav like the placepots do but when I went to collect my winnings I was told the race in question is treated as A void bet, surely this can’t be true.
    2nd fav was 7/2 and next was 8/1
    I was expecting 7/2 with a big rule 4.
    My horse effectively was the fav in the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

If there was no fav returned then your bet is void

"When a returned favourite does not come under starter’s orders and is withdrawn, then that unnamed favourite will be treated as a non-runner with bets on the second favourite settled on the second favourite."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Is deauville not on ATR anymore??

Wanted to see aljazzi In the big one there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Good program on shergar last night on BBC. Repeats on RTE tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Lil Rockerfeller runs first race Weds. at Goodwood off a mark of 82 is surely thrown in

4/1 pp currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

gazza1 wrote: »
    Lil Rockerfeller runs first race Weds. at Goodwood off a mark of 82 is surely thrown in

4/1 pp currently

Cheers gazza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Hugh Taylor's last tip was Wednesday August 1st, he said he was taking some annual leave and that his next tip would be today Monday August 6th. Went onto ATR website for a look and his page is gone entirely.

Seems very strange? No tweet about a tip today as yet.

edit: He just tweeted a tip, then went back to his page and it was back up. Very odd. All grand now anyway.

• Advertisement

Bit late this but I backed Cracking Name last time when she didn't really see out trip after travelling as well as anything, now drops back in trip slightly on a less testing track in 7.15 at Tipp. I'm pretty certain that she's better than a mark in the 50s, will need luck in running as always but should go close if getting it.

Cowabunga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Bit late this but I backed Cracking Name last time when she didn't really see out trip after travelling as well as anything, now drops back in trip slightly on a less testing track in 7.15 at Tipp. I'm pretty certain that she's better than a mark in the 50s, will need luck in running as always but should go close if getting it.

Fantastic shout!! :D Spending money for me at the RDS tomorrow.

Cowabunga

Cracking Name.......Cracking Shout !!
    Enjoy !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Cracking name boom thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Sweet tip nice price two.

We really need to get the thread going again was some great info posted until all the nob jocks came along

Cheers all, was a brutal week at Ballybrit here so nice to get some back.

Does anyone actually enjoy this Shergar Cup bolloxology?

Stormy belle cork 3:35 9/1
    Long time sine I posted a tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

TheTorment wrote: »

Think it's a load of tosh myself

Racing is not a team sport for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Never have
    Surprised it's still going after all these years

No. I’d rather ****e in my hands and clap than watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Niallers87

naughto wrote: »

Legend!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thanks Naughto.. nicely done

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Brilliant stuff. Well done

Lovely stuff Galway was a disaster for me as well so at least the pp account is healthy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

How about ye all stop betting at Galway then lol

Well in!

7.50 Dundalk - Namazee. US pedigree and returns to synthetic surface after couple of average runs on turf. Form of run here few starts back looks very strong and easy to forgive any horse a poor run at Ballybrit. Shovel it on IMO.

History writer 8.05 Newmarket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

7.50 Dundalk - Namazee. US pedigree and returns to synthetic surface after couple of average runs on turf. Form of run here few starts back looks very strong and easy to forgive any horse a poor run at Ballybrit. Shovel it on IMO.

Class

We're back baby

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mikedrop

Great shout, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Well done

Nice one harmless
    Hope mine does the business now as well

Cracking shout. Fair play to you

• Advertisement

History writer 8.05 Newmarket

Well balls on that anyway sorry lads

Great shout mh

Didn't back it :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Getting closer to the good stuff coming back #upthejumps

The Mig wrote: »
    Getting closer to the good stuff coming back #DundalkOnFridayNights

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

• Advertisement

That's blatant on a different level, just shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

That happens every single day in America

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Fanny **** wrote: »

No harm

Not a bigger crook could you meet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Reading a new book that I picked up while back in UK, The Jumping Game with profiles of different trainers and some of their methods, quite interesting for those who want to get an insight on that side of the game, I’m only 50 pages in but enjoying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Lost a lot of horses,does not have the income for a good while now to service a large mortgage and we know the banks wont wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Tony's yard has been up for sale for years at previously higher prices. The fact it's now going to auction suggests to me that the banks are looking to make a quick sale.

With all that said though, don't get too excited about him quitting. If the yard is sold, I would still expect Tony to still be training horses. He must easily have 50-60 horses in training despite Gigginstown and Malcolm Denmark pulling their horses, so there's no reason why he can't just rent a stable and continue on and still make a living.

A move might be a good thing for him though. His strike rate is reaching Philip Rothwell levels of badness. Something very wrong going on there and it certainly isn't a virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Tony's yard has been up for sale for years at previously higher prices. The fact it's now going to auction suggests to me that the banks are looking to make a quick sale.

With all that said though, don't get too excited about him quitting. If the yard is sold, I would still expect Tony to still be training horses. He must easily have 50-60 horses in training despite Gigginstown and Malcolm Denmark pulling their horses, so there's no reason why he can't just rent a stable and continue on and still make a living.

A move might be a good thing for him though. His strike rate is reaching Philip Rothwell levels of badness. Something very wrong going on there and it certainly isn't a virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

A lot of his horses are sick and the ones that aren't are running quite well the last few months. Heard he picked up some nice horses for the upcoming NH season so you're right that he probably will continue on. I think he still has connections with the yard in Trimblestown so that might be where he moves to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Heurtevent is 8/1 tomorrow in the first at Worcester. Back to a shorter trip & course he likes he should be placed at least.

Also De Vegas Kid- 5.00 Brighton 11/2

• Advertisement
Advertisement