Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

40s for the FA Cup :pac:

My brother in law is actually a Southampton fan, the only one I know!

Yeovil at home, lovely jubbly 4th round draw

16/1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

ste2010 wrote: »
    Not if they keep losing he wont

I still think he will get two. This season will put down as a write-off and next season will be 'his' season to set his own plans in place and buy his own players. If he fails after that then he'll go. Fergie was a loyal supporter of the Glaziers through all the fan protests so they wont undermine his judgement by getting rid of his choice that early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

SRFC wrote: »
    ste2010 wrote: »

1.01 it was Mullins not to give a target after the race

"He will get an entry for the three races at Cheltenham (the Supreme Novices, the Neptune and the Albert Barlett), but I imagine we will be looking at the Neptune or the Albert Bartlett, depending on what other runners we have."

These graded novice hurdles in Ireland have shockingly small fields in them. Its not very good for trials really to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

kksaints wrote: »

These graded novice hurdles in Ireland have shockingly small fields in them. Its not very good for trials really to be honest.

Yeah 2m4 in a quick run race up Cheltenham would be OK for Briar Hill so wont count my chickens yet on faugheen running in neptune.

Im on faugheen at 12s cut to 6s now with PP still 5/1 anyrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Yeah 2m4 in a quick run race up Cheltenham would be OK for Briar Hill so wont count my chickens yet on faugheen running in neptune.

Im on faugheen at 12s cut to 6s now with PP still 5/1 anyrace.

So you think its Faugheen for the AB and Briar Hill for the Neptune.

With Vautour looking very likely for Supreme and Faugheen being strangely enough ran over 3m lto, I wouldn't be surprised if Moyle Park or Clondaw Court were to complete the novice set for Richi in the Neptune. Briar Hill would probably go Neptune then too, as he would rather face either of those than Faugheen. Unlikely to happen but just a thought as to why Faugheen has been campaigned the way he has..

So you think its Faugheen for the AB and Briar Hill for the Neptune.

Thats what I reckon,word in Leopardstown was this supposedly,Faugheen cant be beaten where ever he turns up will go off about 2/1.
    jimjamcos wrote: »
    With Vautour looking very likely for Supreme and Faugheen being strangely enough ran over 3m lto, I wouldn't be surprised if Moyle Park or Clondaw Court were to complete the novice set for Richi in the Neptune. Briar Hill would probably go Neptune then too, as he would rather face either of those than Faugheen. Unlikely to happen but just a thought as to why Faugheen has been campaigned the way he has..

Yeah at the min I think its Vautour + Valseur Lido (mabye sizing tennesse,union dues MP ect) for the supreme

Briar Hill and Clondaw neptune and Faugheen and turnandgo for the 3mile race

Now theres a good chance some wont run at all yet.

Fulham host Sunderland this weekend.

Real relegation 6 pointer, hopefully Fulham can keep the black cats rooted to the bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Is this thread about Horse Racing ? Or just people posting whatever they like. Because I think that can be done in AH. Surely there's enough about football in other threads.

Don't want to sound like a whinge but wanted to see off topic chat on the ggs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Fulham host Sunderland this weekend.

Real relegation 6 pointer, hopefully Fulham can keep the black cats rooted to the bottom

I think Sunderland will sneak a win here. Might have a nice large single. I think Poyet's team are going in the right direction. A fully fit Fletcher scores goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Is this thread about Horse Racing ? Or just people posting whatever they like. Because I think that can be done in AH. Surely there's enough about football in other threads.

Don't want to sound like a whinge but wanted to see off topic chat on the ggs :)

Sorry, but you do sound like a whinge and this type of post annoys me. I contribute nothing but I would like you to change this.... FML.

What is off topic about ggs?

If the forum is horse racing then off topic shouldn't be about horse racing.

IMO off topic should be closed to people who havent posted at least 200 posts in the forum or should be by invitation like other threads. It would save the regs that use it from the complaints and moaning posts.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Sorry, but you do sound like a whinge and this type of post annoys me. I contribute nothing but I would like you to change this.... FML.

IMO off topic should be closed to people who havent posted at least 200 posts in the forum or should be by invitation like other threads. It would save the regs that use it from the complaints and moaning posts.

Shouldn't be about Horse racing ????
    In the category of Horse racing ? Who is modding Horse Racing ? Anybody ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Paulie all the threads exist to discuss horse racing. The off topic thread is named that for a reason. Same as the off topic thread in the soccer forum or any other

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Paulie all the threads exist to discuss horse racing. The off topic thread is named that for a reason. Same as the off topic thread in the soccer forum or any other

Apologies to all then , I thought off topic chats in Horse Racing would be be about random things concerning horse racing. My mistake.

No need to apologize you still can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

hucklebuck wrote: »

Yet another reminder that if users have a problem with a post, then please report it or PM the Mods or CMods rather than posting in a style that could be considered as back seat moddong. Likewise, if you've suggestions re the forum, please put them in a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Just cooked a fine lunch there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I might have lost my mind just backed United at 4/5. :rolleyes:

kiers47 wrote: »
    I might have lost my mind just backed United at 4/5. :rolleyes:

No Rooney, no RVP - wouldn't back them with counterfeit. Januzaj is your only hope. Boy's a bit special.

No Rooney, no RVP - wouldn't back them with counterfeit. Januzaj is your only hope. Boy's a bit special.

Its more got to do with how shocking sunderland are tbh. I dont rate united much.
    I do think the price is probably about right but im willing to give them a chance of bouncing back after a shocking performance the weekend. They will be gunning for the win.

• Advertisement

Its more got to do with how shocking sunderland are tbh. I dont rate united much.
    I do think the price is probably about right but im willing to give them a chance of bouncing back after a shocking performance the weekend. They will be gunning for the win.

Sunderland have beaten both Man City and Chelsea at home this season and they'll be well up for a home Cup tie against a poor United side. I think they're the bet.

Sunderland have beaten both Man City and Chelsea at home this season and they'll be well up for a home Cup tie against a poor United side. I think they're the bet.

We shall see soon enough.

We shall see soon enough.

I really really hope you're right and I'm wrong. I'm not backing Sunderland FWIW. Massive game for United sadly! :(

United are absolute certainties tonight had a 100 on them yesterday even money enhanced in powers sunderland are a joke of a team might go in again on the handicap 2/1

Got a text saying Powers were laying Utd at evs to €200 max in the shops. Was still in work at the time though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 323gtr

is 2600 to much insurance for 03 1.6 litre hyundai coupe im 26 (4 year provisional licence) 6 months driving experiance?

323gtr wrote: »
    is 2600 to much insurance for 03 1.6 litre hyundai coupe im 26 (4 year provisional licence) 6 months driving experiance?

Ring first ireland up thats too dear.

i thought so i think when the hear the word coupe the panic lol.i give first ireland a go 2 moro

Book your test in the morning 4 years provisional have you done the test before

no i have only being on the road 6 months in total,i had to book my full test for my third provisional to get it. always had a licence never had a car lol

• Advertisement

Victor chandler are only giving 50 quid back jokers,going to get my mates to sign up to have bets on for me such an effort.

Back on what SRFC

Back on what SRFC

Promo cash sorry,on all races,ill have the money on then im sure ill find a way to lay the free promo cash back on betfair for my money back.

I knew it haha.

Christ United are useless

Only home from work (well had an opticians appointment after work & yes the optician would have got it). Was listening to off the ball. Dog rough from Utd

They were talking about a crazy story about NBA tv money. I'll can I dig it up via google & post it

Who was it offering me the bet on moyes to be sacked :pac: they're an absolute joke of a time he's doing well to ruin a championship winning team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Christ United are useless
    lre

I think christ already knows this, but he said to say thank you for the heads up.

Friend sent me this. It's funny.

Www.gizoogle.net

• Advertisement

Who was it offering me the bet on moyes to be sacked :pac: they're an absolute joke of a time he's doing well to ruin a championship winning team.

Not to forget the players, who are getting a shiiiit load of money to play shiiiite,

fooking joke,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

4/1 was like buying money, muah ha ha.:D

Not to forget the players, who are getting a shiiiit load of money to play shiiiite,

fooking joke,

Shambles,Im not even big into football dont follow them or anything but its clear hes ruining the club defeat after defeat against bad teams,he'd want to start buying.

The key to managing a team is getting the players (all of them) wanting to play for you (the manager) and the club. They have sufficient talent in the squad but are either lazy/overpaid or past it. I think the former. Too easy blame the manager but he does need to get them batting for him. Ferguson didn't bring in enough young talent. Seems to be a bit of discontent in the squad too eg raffael comes on as a sub last week and goes
    for a dead cert two footed lunge red card. What was that about?

Anyway, it will take a bit of time to rebuild after fergie exiting.

BumperD wrote: »
    The key to managing a team is getting the players (all of them) wanting to play for you (the manager) and the club. They have sufficient talent in the squad but are either lazy/overpaid or past it. I think the former. Too easy blame the manager but he does need to get them batting for him. Ferguson didn't bring in enough young talent. Seems to be a bit of discontent in the squad too eg raffael comes on as a sub last week and goes
    for a dead cert two footed lunge red card. What was that about?

Anyway, it will take a bit of time to rebuild after fergie exiting.

The key is £500 quid a week, and if you play the way I know you can, we will give you a bag of crisp (smalt and winninger).

I'd give Arnold Lane a chance out in Meydan on Thursday if it wasn't for the fact that Willie TD is on it. Might back him around Lingfield against a crowd of claimers but no way could I back him riding around Meydan against top class jockeys who know their way around there

• Advertisement

They were talking about a crazy story about NBA tv money. I'll can I dig it up via google & post it

Here it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I'd give Arnold Lane a chance out in Meydan on Thursday if it wasn't for the fact that Willie TD is on it. Might back him around Lingfield against a crowd of claimers but no way could I back him riding around Meydan against top class jockeys who know their way around there

Different scenario, I know, but nobody gave London Bridge a chance at the BC meeting either. Might be worth a speculative fiver just in case the miracle happens!!

Only seeing the United result now and didn't see game. Presume they were atrocious yet again? Knew Subderland were a bet. Ah well, only one way is up when you're rock bottom!

We are an absolute joke of a country I've seen it all now,that air rage court case for drunkeness on the aeroplane held in a PUB,thought this was some kind of joke an absolute joke of a country hope she gets away with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement