Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

SRFC wrote: »
    We are an absolute joke of a country I've seen it all now,that air rage court case for drunkeness on the aeroplane held in a PUB,thought this was some kind of joke an absolute joke of a country hope she gets away with it.

You forgot to say the pub was cordoned off with chicken wire, FFS its like Far and Away over here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Who was it offering me the bet on moyes to be sacked :pac: they're an absolute joke of a time he's doing well to ruin a championship winning team.

It was me. Moyes to be sacked by xmas, even money. You wimped out using the pathetic line ' I wouldn't want to take your money'. Offer's still on the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

14/1 for World Cup to be staged in July as promised is handy money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It was me. Moyes to be sacked by xmas, even money. You wimped out using the pathetic line ' I wouldn't want to take your money'. Offer's still on the table

It was tongue in cheek you eijit :rolleyes: If I wanted a bet id get about 16 or 20/1 on it in the bookies ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Ya i heard about this before a couple of years back. It was a pretty bizarre deal to make, at the time i guess they were probably laughing at them.
    Must have a read of the full article later just read the first paragraph.

Cheers for the link.

Yaya Toure needed help getting off the pitch when apparently twisting his ankle. Walks it off on the side line and comes back on within a couple of minutes. Then he goes and scores. What a boss!!!!

He is without doubt(IMO) the best all round player in the premiership.

He is as likely to go missing in a match as he is to score a long range free kick dont like him when hes good hes good but can blow hot and cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Anyone need relationship advice? Try these lads (look carefully now ;))

http://www.therapists.com/

Need Laser hair removal?

http://www.therapieclinic.com/

Looking for a job? Look no further:

http://www.therapistsunlimited.com/

Possibly the funniest thing ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I've an idea where you saw that colonel :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

Snatch on 3e

Go on Doug The Head's twin daughters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Messi is back I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Aiden McGeady has signed for Everton.

Stuart pearce suppposed to get the west brom job 20/1 gonna throw a score on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Stuart pearce suppposed to get the west brom job 20/1 gonna throw a score on it.

Who in their right mind would give that man a job? He's beyond awful!

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would give that man a job? He's beyond awful!

Some other lad is 1.01 on betfair so the west brom board agreed with you :pac:

Ron hattrick tonight for madrid.

Hope you saved that score SFRC... Pepe Mel just announced as West Brom manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Do I want an iphone 5, 5c or 5s? Anybody have either?
    Please save the whinging, Android lovers.

What's wrong with your current one they're all the same

• Advertisement

I have an basic 25 euro blokia for calls and texts and a 4s for the app and stuff couldnt use one as my main phone battery is rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

UrbanSea wrote: »
    What's wrong with your current one they're all the same

She's not too well of late, think it's going a little senile.

The battery on mine is going seriously down hill think too many birds are texting me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

The battery on mine is going seriously down hill think too many birds are texting me

Or one fat bird with fat fingers

If I ever stop liking The Inbetweeners its time to give up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Spaniard pepe Mel got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

As much my liking of kanye west has wilted since the glory days of his first album to being transformed into the biggest d*ckhead on
    Planet earth, that tune is going to be a hit. Deadly
    Wow...I now realise this tune is on
    His album from 2010

Had a funny number ringing me there didn't answer googled it it was Boyle sports :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Had a funny number ringing me there didn't answer googled it it was Boyle sports :confused:

The F*ckers. KYC call??

Bet365 rang me years ago for a verification call, phone was in the kitchen and the old man picked up... it just never sounds good when the bookies are ringing you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

They want their free bet back after you cleaned them out!

• Advertisement

I wish, did use my free bet on him though

I'd advise anybody to watch leonardo de caprios new film the wolf of wall street based on a true story another classic scorsese film.

Went to the new Hobbit last night good show if a bit long

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Saw Wolf of Wall Street myself, seriously great flick. Di Caprio is unbelievable.

Secret Life of Walter Mitty also worth a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

I'd advise anybody to watch leonardo de caprios new film the wolf of wall street based on a true story another classic scorsese film.

I have it downloaded if its as good as the book it I'll be some film.your man was is a but job,wife is a serious bit of ass.
    See gravity last night savage film

Was expecting a good match from Barca and Athletico tonight pure dirt messi is an awful waster Ron he is not.

Was expecting a good match from Barca and Athletico tonight pure dirt messi is an awful waster Ron he is not.

Good one man, lol.

Good one man, lol.

Backed them in running :pac: he missed an absolute sitter of a header ronaldo would've power it home :(

Backed them in running :pac: he missed an absolute sitter of a header ronaldo would've power it home :(

I backed him 6/4 anytime scorer special with paddy power earlier. Pricks clearly knew he wouldn't be starting but couldn't resist that price. Was it a very bad miss? He's still a hero!

I backed him 6/4 anytime scorer special with paddy power earlier. Pricks clearly knew he wouldn't be starting but couldn't resist that price. Was it a very bad miss? He's still a hero!

Free header in front of the goal only had to put it either side of the keeper on target and it was a goal,wide!

He missed another chance then keeper got down to save it,2nd half barca were all over them all this dilly dallying passing gets them no where,I backed psg earlier in running at even money and just put the lot on barca 2s in running :mad:

• Advertisement

Saw Wolf of Wall Street myself, seriously great flick. Di Caprio is unbelievable

Saw it last night, really enjoyed it

I'm guessing the arty critic type might not enjoy it but I thought it was 3 hours solid entertainment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Saw it last night, really enjoyed it

I'm guessing the arty critic type might not enjoy it but I thought it was 3 hours solid entertainment

Really didn't feel the three hours at all. Loved it. Lovely bum on his wife as well.

Such a joke Ladbrokes are, supposedly the biggest bookies in the UK I open an account try to have 100 on a horse tomorrow at 9/2 and they will let me have 60 ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Is the racing posts mobile/tablet app severely lacking in functionality, is it hidden or do you have to pay to have it as useful as the website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Is the racing posts mobile/tablet app severely lacking in functionality, is it hidden or do you have to pay to have it as useful as the website?

I tried to download the app and all I get is a message from William hill trying to force me to open an account so I gave up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

I like the irishracing.com app. At least you can click into individual horses to see the form.

Such a joke Ladbrokes are, supposedly the biggest bookies in the UK I open an account try to have 100 on a horse tomorrow at 9/2 and they will let me have 60 ffs

LOL

Thats a joke alright! I used to have to use Ladbrookes (was beside work) and always found they had the worst prices and specials etc anyway.

Bang them off an email and close the account.

PS What horse are you sticking a ton on BTW???? ;)

Prince of Burma

Reading online they simply appear not to want to lay horses at early prices, they're either shortest on absolutely everything or will only lay buttons

Mugs betting show prices/SP BAGs and cartoon sports appears to be their MO recently

• Advertisement

Anyone ever use Flubit?

Advertisement