Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Theoretically, if the majority of your betting activity were withdrawals to your bank account, would they still have such an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Theoretically, if the majority of your betting activity were withdrawals to your bank account, would they still have such an issue?

Id say so, its probably yes/no thing for them. Does he gamble: Yes, then its a big mark against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If your bank statement is marked with deposits/withdrawals from a bookmaker, it will only be viewed one way, a risk, which an underwriter won't like. Banks are (now :) ) quite risk averse.

Try and keep these transactions off your primary bank statement, using the options suggested above.

Oh, I use paypal pretty much exclusively, but just interested to hear if they would mark a "winner" the same way they would a "loser".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Use a seperate bank account

Not only eliminates the problems outlined but takes any variance in betting outcomes out of your weekly cashflow

This would only work if you dont transfer money from your other accounts into it.

I use the o2 card as you can put cash on with (albeit with surcharge) and you can deposit/ withdraw from/to it and you can use it as an atm card.

Oh, I use paypal pretty much exclusively, but just interested to hear if they would mark a "winner" the same way they would a "loser".

They would. It would be a mark against your application for finance, either way.

Re Paypal and Moneybookers, havent used paypal in ages but does not not have on you bank account "paypal (paddypower)"?

There is also a trail to and from Paypal and Moneybookers, we noticed you deposited 500 to your paypal the second week of March and withdrew 500k a week later....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

hucklebuck wrote: »
    This would only work if you dont transfer money from your other accounts into it.

I transferred my bank when I opened the "betting a/c".

It's grown since so only one deposit 3 years ago ;)

I withdraw cash to punt in shops occasionally, always deposut it back in branch to the same gambling a/c. Basically saying I have zero transactions traceable to the betting a/c from my "main" accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Re Paypal and Moneybookers, havent used paypal in ages but does not not have on you bank account "paypal (paddypower)"?

There is also a trail to and from Paypal and Moneybookers, we noticed you deposited 500 to your paypal the second week of March and withdrew 500k a week later....
    must have being some bet:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    must have being some bet:pac::pac:

Thats for this coming Cheltenham, had to have the hand brake on last which was **** timing as I had the most amount of winners I ever had.

I put 500k as its probably the max payout :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads does anyone know what the story is with Seaniemac? Same prices as Boyles, same site except different colours and names and I have the same restrictions on my accounts with them, are they the one company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

They are yeah. Got my Boyles statement and it had a free 25 bet showing. The one I got for signing with Seaniemac.

9 have they restricted you yet, had 25 free bet in my Seanie account, they wouldn't let me have even a quid on a 4/1 shot tomorrow. Rang them up and went on hold while she went to a trader they'll let me have it at SP, I'm assuming that'll be the same with Boyles so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Yeah I'd imagine it'll be the same deal. Haven't had a bet with em since.

Quality finish from Dzeko, scary how good City are going forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know what the story is with Seaniemac? Same prices as Boyles, same site except different colours and names and I have the same restrictions on my accounts with them, are they the one company

Boyles, Seaniemac, apollobet and betmclean. All the same site and risk team. Get restricted with one and you'll get restricted with all. However, since they're 'different bookies' you can freely open an account with the other ones, just punt away until they catch you

Am I getting pizza tonight to go with my last couple Innis and Gunn or what?

Bbc news at 10pm have a piece coming up on frankels first foal.

Fillet steak, chips, onion rings, mushrooms and pepper sauce with them

Kebab, curry chips, chicken yokes and a can delivered for a tenner from Indian kebab hut on whatsfordinner is your choice

• Advertisement

I think you should get another few bottles of innis and gunn to go with your last couple of innis and gunn :)

Kebab, curry chips, chicken yokes and a can delivered for a tenner from Indian kebab hut on whatsfordinner is your choice

You're ****ing joking me? That is some deal

Ordered that job, snooker on the reply, sure we are laughing

Very quick to deliver too. Had it twice last week.

Jesus that what's for dinner site is class. Chap is picking me up a mars bar and all.

Haha when you deliver from more than one there is a fiver fixed charge and more. Nice 6 euro mars bar there.

Housemates are getting a rake of ****e too. What a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Got my bank to send me on my pin again as I forgot it.

*Throws away the slip thinking I knew it :pac:

3/4 on a Yankee and a couple winners means I'm heading up to a gig in Whelan's tonight. Cheers betfair. Few pints of stout and an Indian maybe. ****ing hate the bus though.

Was considering hitting the Bon carpo

• Advertisement

Have you been on the beds and juice? I would be stayed up and headed out, the one night I'm above in Dublin haha

If you're going out give me a shout and I'll make sure you get in you hardy looking bastard

Just heading down to Apollo now scan

Make sure and take your supps then a mixgreens and a bottle of B

Ah lads I was out the other night and some skobie in a Millwall jersey started a fight with me I dared him to throw and punch and see if he could stay on his feet for 2 seconds after. Then I see him second guess himself and tells me he is from Tallaght, I said I couldnt give a **** where you are from if you want a fight you can throw the first punch and spend a month in the hospital nearest Tallaght.

Funnily enough the Millwall bottler was too scared to throw a punch. Why are scumbags all the same if you put it up to them they back down unless there are three or more of them and you are on your own.

Bloody Millwall scum.

Scumbags are Cowards at their best. If they had brains they'd be dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

BumperD wrote: »
    Scumbags are Cowards at their best. If they had brains they'd be dangerous.

Scumbags are very usefull for holding scum, tis all.

To go out or not. Tough decisions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

To go out or not. Tough decisions

Alternate nights.

So Thursday - Saturday or Friday - Sunday ?

With school on a Monday I usually go for Thursday - Saturday.

One of my visits to Ireland taught me that Thursday was a fantastic night for student pussy. Can I say pussy ? Or is it p*ssy ?

• Advertisement

100% out saturday but I've work in the morning but could get through it since it's Friday. The walk to the offie is a killer though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

100% out saturday but I've work in the morning but could get through it since it's Friday. The walk to the offie is a killer though

Will 'Two in the Pink' tomorrow not do for you...!!? 6.30 wolves.. looks a lively contender.

Actually that is one I'm following ha thanks for pointing it out. Ran well in a stronger race at Lingfield the other week, she went off 25s but had been really well backed the night before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Actually that is one I'm following ha thanks for pointing it out. Ran well in a stronger race at Lingfield the other week, she went off 25s but had been really well backed the night before

Yeah I only spotted it because I've Blackthorn Stick down in the notebook, remembered you'd given it a mention.

Some big money must have exchanged hands to allow that name to be registered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lads just quick question.

Is there any good websites that do good analysis and stats of the next days racing or future races?

GG.com seems to be ok. any others?

Probably won't back it keep my money for dance and dance Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Prince Burma tomorrow urban? Tee it up tommo might be better than this grade though. Prices look plenty short enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Can someone confirm how many total corners were in the Villareal match tonight ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Stag weekend sorted. Kenmare on Gold Cup Friday, degenerate drinking and gambling. Straight to the pub next day for final day of six nations culminating in Ireland v France.

Couldn't ask for a sweeter weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

kiers47 wrote: »
    Prince Burma tomorrow urban? Tee it up tommo might be better than this grade though. Prices look plenty short enough.

HAIL PROMENADER 14/1 should go very close.

Stag weekend sorted. Kenmare on Gold Cup Friday, degenerate drinking and gambling. Straight to the pub next day for final day of six nations culminating in Ireland v France.

Couldn't ask for a sweeter weekend.
    Sounds like heaven!

• Advertisement
Advertisement