Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hit up the Bon last night carpo some talent there. 4.90 for a **** Budweiser somewhat negated my enthusiasm, wasn't long switching to 3 euro Tuborg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Aye, was Bruce Willis too, good night. Yeah, serious bjours haha. Stick to the dvrb when you're out acting the student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Aye, was Bruce Willis too, good night. Yeah, serious bjours haha. Stick to the dvrb when you're out acting the student

Already said Thursday night was student night. The night when being 28 doesn't matter to the young ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Stag weekend sorted. Kenmare on Gold Cup Friday, degenerate drinking and gambling. Straight to the pub next day for final day of six nations culminating in Ireland v France.

Couldn't ask for a sweeter weekend.

Where will we meet you on the Friday :D

Such a joke try to back a horse with Coral at 7s, they send it to a trader they accept it but I had no funds in the account I hadn't realised. Had 60 seconds to accept the bet and deposit but too late. Deposited and tried to place the bet, send it to a trader and they offer me the full stake at 6s literally about two minutes after.

Tried halving my stake, they will give me a tenner at 7s and the rest at 6s, I wouldn't have bothered depositing if I knew I couldn't get it all on I could get it all on with Powers at the same price ffs

They just changed the price in to 6s now :pac: couldn't make it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

17,000 posts well done urban

Thanks naughto, think it shows I have too much free time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Hit up the Bon last night carpo some talent there. 4.90 for a **** Budweiser somewhat negated my enthusiasm, wasn't long switching to 3 euro Tuborg

Good enough for you. Bud is píss.

Used to drink it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Poor Trigger (Only Fools & Horses for the ignorant among us..). Great programme and a brilliant character

Can't believe you would even touch Corals Urban or even more shockingly Bud. In Dublin it's reserved for 15/16 year olds and Millwall supporting skobies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Spent years drinking Budweiser. It's crisp and clean compared to the rest of the mass produced chemical laced largers on the market, but like all them, it gives you a stonking hangover. Craft beers, pale ales or Weiss beers are streets ahead. Once you switch to them, you'll never drink anything else.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Can't believe you would even touch Corals Urban or even more shockingly Bud. In Dublin it's reserved for 15/16 year olds and Millwall supporting skobies.

I won't not use any bookies, whoever is best price will get my dollaz

Still waiting for Slattsy, Droidman and Johner to rejoin the forum. Not sure why they left but the place is dull, and poorer, without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Soldado dropped to the bench today. Over to you Ade! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

ADE ADE ADE <3<3<3

Is he top scorer now?

ft9 wrote: »
    Is he top scorer now?

No, one behind. He's on 4, Soldado 5. With Soldado dropped, I was contemplating going in again @ 4/1 (thought it was still too big) before the game. He's clearly top dog there now. :)

Emmanuel%2BAdebayor%2Bduring%2Btraining

Joint top on 5 now. G'wan Ade!

Ade is God.

Edit: 5/4 jf now. Value has been got! :D

• Advertisement

3-0 Chelsea

Checked Betfair this morning & thought they were a bit short at 1.68, what the hell do I know.....

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Ade is God.

Bet of 2013/2014

Ade is God.

Great shout. Let's hope Last Instalment is as productive :pac:

3-0 Chelsea

Checked Betfair this morning & thought they were a bit short at 1.68, what the hell do I know.....

I thought they were a great bet @ 7/10 tbh. United are beyond useless. That's before you consider that Mourinho has never lost at Stamford Bridge and Moyes, in his 11 years in PL, has never won an away game against any of the top 5 teams bar City.

Edit: Didn't back them (not my kind of price)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Chelsea have been playing very well lately and with the absence of Van Persie and Rooney, utd haven't got much left to cause any problems IMO. Thought the price was fair considering how good Chelsea's home record is and Moyes away record against top teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Cart

BumperD wrote: »
    Still waiting for Slattsy, Droidman and Johner to rejoin the forum. Not sure why they left but the place is dull, and poorer, without them.

Truth!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Great shout. Let's hope Last Instalment is as productive :pac:

Surprised his price has held up. I was all over the 50s NRNB so wont be backing again, but you really couldnt put anyone off the 40s still there NRNB with 365. Given how that race could cut up, I honestly wouldnt be comfortable laying that at over 16s

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Surprised his price has held up. I was all over the 50s NRNB so wont be backing again, but you really couldnt put anyone off the 40s still there NRNB with 365. Given how that race could cut up, I honestly wouldnt be comfortable laying that at over 16s

Couldn't agree more. Just take it as a given that BW and SC are first and second for instance. That leaves you with Cue Card, Al Ferof & Dynaste who are doubtful stayers over GC trip and Boston Bob who's going elsewhere. Captain Chris can't go left and rest after that are National horses.

I honestly believe that if LI turns up fit and well on the day, he'll be fighting it out with First Lieutenant for a place, at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Ted Spread is an interesting enough runner tomorrow in the half 2 at lingfield tomorrow. Ten pounds ahead of the next highest in the ratings and has some top class flat form in the past. Never run on all weather but 14/1 could be big!

Anyone know much about UK trains

Heading to Cheltenham Saturday. I can buy a flexible return online (don't need to specify a train time). Birmingham Airport to Cheltenham Spa

Problem is I want to get to New Street on Friday night but not do the New Street to Cheltenham leg until Saturday morning (then back to the airport on Saturday evening). Is this covered by this kind of open ended return tickey thingy?

Cheers

Mid week pints. Fatal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Anyone been on the Jameson tour or is that a stupid question! :P

Delighted to hear our great leader, Enda, at Davos, speaking to the worlds business leaders, and not refer to his fellow citizens on this visit as being "mad" people, as in lunatics, like he did on his last visit.

He's learning, slowly, but learning.

Luap wrote: »

The one in Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Stupid question! :pac:

I did the one in Dublin a few years ago. Make sure you put up your hand very quickly when they ask for volunteers.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

The one in Cork?

Ya the Cork one.

Thanks for the heads up convert! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Anyone know any video downloading sites that will allow me download from Attheraces?

Ya the Cork one.

Thanks for the heads up convert! :)

I haven't done it but I worked down there on the plant expansion for 16 months and saw most of the old distillery. Will be going to do the tour this summer as what I saw was very interesting even without a tour guide.

It's just a pity that (as far as I knew when I was there) the new still house isn't open to tourists as it's a really impressive sight with the largest pit stills in the world. Google 'new Midleton still house' for a look.

sonnky wrote: »
    Anyone know any video downloading sites that will allow me download from Attheraces?

You could give this a go, I use it if Internet Download Manager does not work

http://wmrecorder.com/products/wm-capture

It allows you to put a window around a video and record the window so all the inbuilt download blockers in the world will not stop it. The only thing is this method must have continuous video without streaming pauses of this will be recorded too.

The Accused is an Oscar winning film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Coral account closed at lunch time(never verified), open 2 weeks and I've a substantial amount(for me) in it. E-mailed them the docs but no response since.. anyone know how long it usually takes to verify?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

The wanker that is Rooney has just got a five year contract and 300k per week wages + 50k for every round Utd qualify in Europe regardless if he is injured.As a Utd follower for a very long time this is sickening in the extreme.My problem with this is Utd ,Liverpool and Arsenal and funded by the supporters and do not have an oil sugar daddy to offset against an unprofitable oil rig.

I supposed ill be the first to say...where did you see/hear this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

sting60 wrote: »
    The wanker that is Rooney has just got a five year contract and 300k per week wages + 50k for every round Utd qualify in Europe regardless if he is injured.As a Utd follower for a very long time this is sickening in the extreme.My problem with this is Utd ,Liverpool and Arsenal and funded by the supporters and do not have an oil sugar daddy to offset against an unprofitable oil rig.

I wouldnt worry to much about this! ;)

** Unless it covers Europa cup to :D

kiers47 wrote: »

Did not see that coming,wanker.

kiers47 wrote: »

On a side note, United are an absolutely cracking price at 14/5 to make the top 4. 6 points off 4th despite being without their best 3 players for much of the season, with their hardest fixture of the second half out of the way and Mata, Rooney and VP to come back into the side

I supposed ill be the first to say...where did you see/hear this?
    Finger On The Pulse.Not wrong to often with this type of info.

On a side note, United are an absolutely cracking price at 14/5 to make the top 4. 6 points off 4th despite being without their best 3 players for much of the season, with their hardest fixture of the second half out of the way and Mata, Rooney and VP to come back into the side

Where's Mata going to play is the question though. And can Moyes be trusted to get both RVP and Rooney together on the pitch for any length of time? Midfield and defence will still be woeful and leak goals against the poorest teams. RVP/Rooney/Mata may save us if they click but way too many maybes for my liking. I'd steer clear.

Where's Mata going to play is the question though. And can Moyes be trusted to get both RVP and Rooney together on the pitch for any length of time? Midfield and defence will still be woeful and leak goals against the poorest teams. RVP/Rooney/Mata may save us if they click but way too many maybes for my liking. I'd steer clear.

Injuries are just bad luck, nothing to do with the manager. I'd steer clear to if it was priced right at 2/1. Its not though

On a side note, United are an absolutely cracking price at 14/5 to make the top 4. 6 points off 4th despite being without their best 3 players for much of the season, with their hardest fixture of the second half out of the way and Mata, Rooney and VP to come back into the side[/QUOll read my notes going back .I backed Utd at 9/2 not to get in top four because imo they made a massive mistake with Moyes.Ferguson was allowed wrongly to go and pick Moyes aka Busby with Frank O Farrell,Charlton stopped Mourinho[who was at every midweek game when in spain],the board wanted and had almost guaranteed Guardiola the job[studied English in NY] Then went to Germany and had to study German for ten weeks in a closed school in Bavaria.

• Advertisement

Injuries are just bad luck, nothing to do with the manager. I'd steer clear to if it was priced right at 2/1. Its not though

Not in the case of RVP. It's well known that Moyes pushed him particularly hard in pre-season training, flogged him early on before he got injured then rushed him back leaving him on for a full game when by his own admission (in interview afterwards) he shouldn't have, in the Newcastle defeat. He hasn't kicked a ball since. RVP needs to be looked after. Moyes and his coaching staff haven't done so.

Advertisement