Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Where's Mata going to play is the question though. And can Moyes be trusted to get both RVP and Rooney together on the pitch for any length of time? Midfield and defence will still be woeful and leak goals against the poorest teams. RVP/Rooney/Mata may save us if they click but way too many maybes for my liking. I'd steer clear.
    You correctly asked a question "where is he going to play"and who is going to give him the ball.I also here but this not confirmed by my man Luke Shaw could well be joining Utd and a midfielder from the German league ,dont have a name.Told Moyes has been handed 150m to buy[if he does not buy his head is on the block] as Europa League is not an option after 250m wiped off share list in Wall Street and Glazers need Utd to leverage.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Not in the case of RVP. It's well known that Moyes pushed him particularly hard in pre-season training, flogged him early on before he got injured then rushed him back leaving him on for a full game when by his own admission (in interview afterwards) he shouldn't have, in the Newcastle defeat. He hasn't kicked a ball since. RVP needs to be looked after. Moyes and his coaching staff haven't done so.
    100% correct but will add that RVP had strong words with Moyes backroom staff calling them"amateurs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Tom Segal carrying a bit of conditioning isn't he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Man city down by 2 to Watford.
    7/4 at the moment. I think i looked awhile ago and they were a similar price -3. haha

kiers47 wrote: »
    Man city down by 2 to Watford.
    7/4 at the moment. I think i looked awhile ago and they were a similar price -3. haha

Watford the longest price of any team in the cup this weekend 25/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

The market is really becoming more & more informative in racing

I've lost count of how many horses look to have solid chances, are backed in the morning then drift violently at the off and run stinkers. Boston Bob yet another case today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Nadal may not have been fit but that's some shock in the tennis all the same!!

Hopefully Southampton get a nice draw here. 5 teams I don't want

Dream draw....

Chelsea get Man City

Everton get arsenal

Southampton get someone like Charlton at home.

Come on, you can do it!!

Dream draw....

Chelsea get Man City

Everton get arsenal

Southampton get someone like Charlton at home.

Come on, you can do it!!

Not bad :pac:

Could be worse for Southampton, away to Sunderland but 2 of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool are brown bread

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    On a side note, United are an absolutely cracking price at 14/5 to make the top 4. 6 points off 4th despite being without their best 3 players for much of the season, with their hardest fixture of the second half out of the way and Mata, Rooney and VP to come back into the side

They've cut this to 13/5, still 11/4 in places though

They've been matched at 1.06 to €950 on Betfair

Frankel running at Southwell=12 Years a Slave to win Oscar 4/11.Im on at 1/2 ,2/5.4/11 to plenty this is a wrong price in a big way this should be 1/10.I will never tell anyone to invest but my god this is SERIOUS value.How much will a bank pay you over a year compared to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

sting60 wrote: »
    Frankel running at Southwell=12 Years a Slave to win Oscar 4/11.Im on at 1/2 ,2/5.4/11 to plenty this is a wrong price in a big way this should be 1/10.I will never tell anyone to invest but my god this is SERIOUS value.How much will a bank pay you over a year compared to this.

A hell of a lot more than a 50 quid max bet on that rubbish will. If that's as big a rick as you're suggesting, the surely the bookies wont like the bet in hindsight? Whats the point of putting an account at risk for a tiny max bet on that crap?

Lest we forget the last time you used a similar phrase, upon me saying NZ not to win at 28/1 was massive :pac:
    sting60 wrote: »
    This is backing Frankel not to win a lingfield handicap.NZ not to win should be 50/1 at the very least.If O Driscoll does not play we mat get closer but everything [including Carter] says the All Blacks by a very wide margin.

A 28/1 bet that I managed to hedge out at 1.77

And yet I win at staggering odds based on my projection of probability

Your projection of probability was all over the shop as usual, regardless of the result. The fact that it went off near 16/1 and hit 1/10 inrunning should tell you that. Anyway, best of luck with the Oscars bet. I's 4/9 on betfair for about the same stake you'll get with a bookie btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Am I the only person who thinks 12 years a slave is only ok? Good story but not enough to make a film of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

Just watching the gg.com preview of the 2009 world hurdle..laughing at matt chapmans comments on big bucks...what a clown he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

ste2010 wrote: »
    Just watching the gg.com preview of the 2009 world hurdle..laughing at matt chapmans comments on big bucks...what a clown he is

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0oYkBzGf0o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Df0oYkBzGf0o

Big Bucks isn't any good

Knockara Beau > Big Buck's

• Advertisement

mod edit: <snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

A month or so ago.

Looking at the times for the chase beneficent won in leopardstown over the Xmas. 13 seconds faster than the average c and d. That has to be wrong...faster by 10 secs than bug zeb and sizing Europe the seasons they both won the champion chase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

ste2010 wrote: »
    Looking at the times for the chase beneficent won in leopardstown over the Xmas. 13 seconds faster than the average c and d. That has to be wrong...faster by 10 secs than bug zeb and sizing Europe the seasons they both won the champion chase

Said it on here awhile back, distances were wrong at Leopardstown over Christmas ala the Betfair Chase at Haydock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Guys, you've been warned on multiple occasions not to comment on other users in thread. Final warning.

Anyone back anything today? Took 16s on Kartanian in the 3.40 at Taunton today last night he is very disappointing but travels strongly and has been given a big chance by the handicapper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Anyone back anything today? Took 16s on Kartanian in the 3.40 at Taunton today last night he is very disappointing but travels strongly and has been given a big chance by the handicapper
    I put him up here LTO and he ran well to after 3 out there was money for it as well. I got the impression that he'd like it a bit better than heavy. Dropped another 4 lbs he would be nailed on based on his old form . A small ew for me. Sitting the pool in tenerife in a very pleasant 21° it's hard to summon up enthusiasm for mid week fare .

That is some nag Pinsky knew I should have traded out but greed over came me went off 7/1. I do think Six Silver Lane will be well backed tomorrow even if he isn't drawn great

• Advertisement

I was all over Stand Guard today at Southwell :D.

Shortest price I've ever seen.....

That is some nag Pinsky knew I should have traded out but greed over came me went off 7/1. I do think Six Silver Lane will be well backed tomorrow even if he isn't drawn great

Price gone twice with 365 took tens with VC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Grendisar entered in Lingfield on Sat, back down to 1m4f and Kirby on board, please be a tasty price bookies xxx

BumperD wrote: »
    Shortest price I've ever seen.....

I though 1/66 Victory Spin was the shortest SP before today, if that's still the case then this equals that record

I though 1/66 Victory Spin was the shortest SP before today, if that's still the case then this equals that record

Ha, never heard of that one. I'd seen a few 1/33's, missed victory spin.

BumperD wrote: »
    Ha, never heard of that one. I'd seen a few 1/33's, missed victory spin.

RP app is telling me the SP today was 1/80? Sportinglife had 1/66 when I looked earlier

Hae often seen tennis players 1.01 to lay with their opponent 200+ on betfair. Would imply the jolly would be shorter than 1/200

• Advertisement

Never Mind The Bollocks on Classic Albums

Quality

Watching the Wolf of Wall Street it's a laugh

Watching the Wolf of Wall Street it's a laugh

The cerebral palsy mode, classic

Makes me wanna snort lines and bang hookers

The antics they got up to were quite shocking. Call girls and drugs unfurled in the office at year end. Crazy stuff.

His original sales pitch at the stockbrokers selling over the counter penny stocks was funny

• Advertisement

Six Silver Lane Six Silver Lane Six Silver Lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Makes me wanna snort lines and bang hookers

Is it Friday already?

A brace for adeboyor tonight and jimjamcos with definitely think its Friday....

Garth Brooks

I no longer care what kind of world I leave for my children

Check out gift grub Gareth brooks on you tube.

Whites record/ticket shop in Wexford. Dear god....

There are not many things I wouldn't rather do than queue overnight for a Garth Brooks concert.
    1 of them would be attending said concert.

Have Chelsea -1 as the last leg of an acca.
    Holy droidman hammers!! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Where did this trend of triple tipping horses begin and by whom??

e.g Mars Mars Mars.

Is it just to bring added luck or someone who needs to change their keyboard?:confused:

I had eto captained. I offered the result up in praise of droidy's sacred west ham. I had images of him flashing before my eyes drinking copious amounts of weiss bier enjoying the nil draw. sick. Eto is getting the bullet next gw. Wouldn't mind, used my wildcard. Utter toilet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement