Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Wednesday pints are top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Might have a few myself tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Pints pints pints

Habesh habesh habesh tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just got my tickets for Garth Brooks ticket:cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Can never understand the fascination with Garth brooks. Is it a nostalgia thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Can never understand the fascination with Garth brooks. Is it a nostalgia thing?

Me either.
    How in the world he sold out Croker x3 I will never know.
    Sometimes I wonder do I just not hear what others are hearing....

Out for dinner and pints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Mur Pints.

• Advertisement

Duck and black pudding terrine followed by a seafood board with Peroni. Dinner of kings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Terrine? Sick puppy Urban. You should have just had the duck.

Cans of bud and grams and yokes. Drinks of kings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Got my tickets... can't feckin wait!

garth_crooks_2134022.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Anyone else having problems watching replays on ATR, would it have anything to do with my settings??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

40 days to Cheltenham:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

40 days to Cheltenham:eek:

Holy Week. 40 days until Holy Week.

This weekend is probably the last time to try win a few quid for the festival barring the grade 1s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

How the mighty have fallen...

Oscars Well runs in a Pertemps qualifier on Sunday. Now in the care of Tony Martin

Pro footy punter I know e-mailed me yesterday

Said he makes both Cardiff & West Ham (independent of each other) odds on to go down. Surprisingly (to me anyhow) he says he makes Liverpool a 3s on shot for top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Pro footy punter I know e-mailed me yesterday

Said he makes both Cardiff & West Ham (independent of each other) odds on to go down. Surprisingly (to me anyhow) he says he makes Liverpool a 3s on shot for top 4
    Haven't looks at the remaining fixtures but West Ham have made some very good signings for a team in a relegation battle, would make them odds on staying up now whereas before the transfer window, I'd have thought they would go down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Jesus I have a head on me like a handball alley

Can't be worse than mine. Have been sick four times at work. I have a roll from last night in the fridge for lunch it'll be a surprise as to what's on it when I open it

Did you go to Zane Lowe?

Got tickets to see the Arctic Monkeys today in July, hope it's a heat wave that day.

Aye got the same this morning. and a new mug.

Got a giant new mug yesterday myself haha

Did you go to Zane Lowe?

No went to that kip Carbon

BBQ sauce, turkey cheese and peppers if anyone was wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

UrbanSea wrote: »

What da fcuk is ''turkey cheese''?? The auld slices of easy singles not good enough you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Vivo? Or Gala as the cool kids these days are calling it

• Advertisement

Where else Hulkie

Suddenly the picture about Urbans funky taste becomes clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭billy_beckham

expand on meaning please?
    Intrigued...

expand on meaning please?
    Intrigued...

I think he has balls rattling around inside his head

Juston O'Hanlon schooling an old favourite of ours on twitter

Ya fat clown :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Did a cheeky long term treble- never done one of these- Ireland to win 6 nations, Real to win La Liga and United to finish top 4..

I don't bet on rugby but I'd curious to know England's price for 6 nations winner this season. They are a young team and played so well last season.

BumperD wrote: »
    I don't bet on rugby but I'd curious to know England's price for 6 nations winner this season. They are a young team and played so well last season.

3s there with Ladbrokes. Personally dont see them winning tonight

• Advertisement

That's short enough. France are forwards orientated. I could see England stretching that heavy pack around the park, tiring them out and packing up a good score in the final 20 mins with their back line.

Watch now, England will get hammered after I said that :)

I think Ireland are the value in 6N @ 11/2. Granted we haven't got a great tradition of winning it and a few injuries (Loss of SOB is massive) but provinces are flying and Schmidt is a genius. Given proper time with the players, which he now gets, can see him working his magic. We have Wales, who I'd fear most, at home, we wont fear England away and Schmidt has a proven track record of getting results in France and a super knowledge of them from his days coaching there. The front row isn't nearly as weak as it used to be and with real depth and all the main Irish players on form, I think we'll go well, despite the loss of TTT and Bowe who should be fit in the next few weeks.

Know very little about Rugby but England have been very well backed today

jimjamcos wrote: »
    I think Ireland are the value in 6N @ 11/2. Granted we haven't got a great tradition of winning it and a few injuries (Loss of SOB is massive) but provinces are flying and Schmidt is a genius. Given proper time with the players, which he now gets, can see him working his magic. We have Wales, who I'd fear most, at home, we wont fear England away and Schmidt has a proven track record of getting results in France and a super knowledge of them from his days coaching there. The front row isn't nearly as weak as it used to be and with real depth and all the main Irish players on form, I think we'll go well, despite the loss of TTT and Bowe who should be fit in the next few weeks.
    Brave shout. We nearly got the wooden spoon last season and we have an ageing team. I'm personally concerned about the strength of this squad....hope I'm wrong.

Switching between the racing and rugby. Thought that Italian 7 bergamasco had retired. Seems to be playing for years

Brave shout. We nearly got the wooden spoon last season and we have an ageing team. I'm personally concerned about the strength of this squad....hope I'm wrong.

Wouldn't place too much emphasis on age profile of team. Only 5 players on tomorrow's team are the wrong side of 30, and BOD is the only one in the backs where age matters much more. Plenty of youth on the bench too and when you consider that Fitzgerald, Bowe, Zebo and, even Gilroy if he hits form, are still to return to the squad, there's plenty of options going forward.

• Advertisement

French national anthem coming up. Class

Good God United are bad

Good God United are bad

Beyond ****e. Only senseless Moyes would buy a no.10 when we have 3 already and need a CM, 2 FB's and a CB (at least!)

That's short enough. France are forwards orientated. I could see England stretching that heavy pack around the park, tiring them out and packing up a good score in the final 20 mins with their back line.

Watch now, England will get hammered after I said that :)

........................With 20 minutes gone.......it's playing out in exactly the opposite way that I predicted. Typical French.

I love this paddy power messenger :pac: testing how good it interprets messages ''30 fat ones on dishy guru tomorrow mr power'

• Advertisement
Advertisement