Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

The Accused

An Oscar winner

Pretty harrowing stuff though.

Prefer a bit of mindless trash starring Steven seagull on sci-fi channel. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

Swansea have sacked Laudrup

What the ****?

Lots of talk of "removing uncertainty" from the club.

I reckon he wouldn't sign an extension, and they knew he'd be off at the end of his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

BQQ wrote: »

I reckon he wouldn't sign an extension, and they knew he'd be off at the end of his contract.

Thought he signed a contract last year

Still 10/1 to go down & Sporting have them finishing 12th. What does the board expect FFS

There's a huge amount of cash spent each year sacking managers. There's a (surprisingly) large amount of academic research suggesting most of it is wasted

Metalman is 3 today apparently.

Me-tal Me-tal man!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

ft9 wrote: »
    This must be the most boring Tuesday of all time. Any good films to be recommended? Saw Wolf Of Wall St already

Synecdoche, New York is worth watching and is kind of topical with Philip Seymour Hoffman dying this week.

My other favourite that he is in is Happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ten o'clock and I'm in the scratcher. Getting too old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

BumperD wrote: »
    She looks excited at the prospect of seeing him

You need to see a mickey doctor if that is excited.... ;)

I would love to know what she did to that girl who is crying beside her!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

This is very sad.

THE horse racing world is in mourning after the death, in tragic circumstances, of 27-year-old Lucy Stack, the wife of leading trainer Fozzy Stack.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/racing-world-mourns-as-wife-of-trainer-stack-dies-aged-27-29976238.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Baze

This is very sad.

It is indeed, was just reading it earlier tonight and she was only quite recently married too.

I see the family have asked that instead of people sending flowers, they make donations to Aware instead, which I guess says all that needs to be.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Thought he signed a contract last year

Still 10/1 to go down & Sporting have them finishing 12th. What does the board expect FFS

There's a huge amount of cash spent each year sacking managers. There's a (surprisingly) large amount of academic research suggesting most of it is wasted
    BQQ wrote: »

Swansea have sacked Laudrup

What the ****?

TBF thay have only won one of their last 10 legue games and are only two points above the bottom 3, there have been far worse sackings recently IMO.

That 10/1 is huge, I backed them @ 11s a few weeks back, people are looking too much at what they did and how they played last year, they have been awful. And with Allardyce producing his magic, Poyet and Pulis revitalising Sunderland and Palace respectively its going to be a real humdinger, they are definitly in the mix.

• Advertisement

Eating healthy, so ordered a half pounder meal and panini meal. With 2 cans of Diet Coke.

Byrnes won the bumper today with a gelding out of Laetitia. I never know whether to laugh or cry when I see that mare's name. That debacle in A Cork bumper will never ever be forgotten

Byrnes won the bumper today with a gelding out of Laetitia. I never know whether to laugh or cry when I see that mare's name. That debacle in A Cork bumper will never ever be forgotten
    Don't tell me that's the filly where the runner up was a horse he trained too that the jockey pretended to hit and stopped it clear as day

This PP messenger is the single greatest thing in the world, it'll understand anything ''Throw another 30 on Golantilla there paddy like a good lad'' was swiftly acted upon.

****ing deadly stuff, Denman and Sprinter Sacre will be having a gallop together in Newbury:

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=542153&lid=&raceid=&title=Henderson+keen+on+Sacre+day+out&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Wed

Not sure it's a great idea to have two horses with dodgy tickers galloping :eek:

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Don't tell me that's the filly where the runner up was a horse he trained too that the jockey pretended to hit and stopped it clear as day

Yip, you'll never see a worse one ever

ATR video here (log in required)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

is that link working for any one else or is my laptop f1ucked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

hucklebuck wrote: »
    ****ing deadly stuff, Denman and Sprinter Sacre will be having a gallop together in Newbury:

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=542153&lid=&raceid=&title=Henderson+keen+on+Sacre+day+out&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Wed

Not sure it's a great idea to have two horses with dodgy tickers galloping :eek:

Parading, not galloping

Parading, not galloping

Ah bollox, sure I read galloping together in front of the grandstand.

Need to study dreams and reality chart!!

Will someone please kill my prick of a boss, refused my 4 days off for the festival.

• Advertisement

Will someone please kill my prick of a boss, refused my 4 days off for the festival.

I booked mine off Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The stress of that alone could mean you will come down with something and be unable to attend work :) , seriously though, that's not a boss, that's an A-hole your working for.

The stress of that alone could mean you will come down with something and be unable to attend work :) , seriously though, that's not a boss, that's an A-hole your working for.

I know and hes a bull****ting Manc prick. I cant have the time off as one of the lads booked it already and if he gave me the time off there would be 2 people in our team of 4, ffs.

I was on my own 2 days this week, thinking of going to HR.

Sounds like you were slow out of the stalls buck. Ill think of you when I'm having a pint Tuesday afternoon and chasing the ladies from Sligo It all week

I know and hes a bull****ting Manc prick. I cant have the time off as one of the lads booked it already and if he gave me the time off there would be 2 people in our team of 4, ffs.

I was on my own 2 days this week, thinking of going to HR.

Try to thrash it out with him first. Hopefully he will see sense. If that fails, try to chat to his boss if you know him/her. HR is a last resort which I would try to avoid.

Sligo and ladies in the same sentence, your having a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Fcuk that is a kick in the balls, I am a member of the working force for 15 years and have never or never will work a festival. Man management and motivational skills obviously not part of your bosses skill-set.

Premier League darts starting again tonight

Quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Word here is Kieran Fallon is about to retire from riding"not enjoying it anymore,not getting on good horses".Will make his mind up very shortly but it looks like he will retire unless he is offered a big job.

• Advertisement

Michelle from Unicef just called to the door. 'I'm already signed up', gone in ten seconds

Sounds like you were slow out of the stalls buck. Ill think of you when I'm having a pint Tuesday afternoon and chasing the ladies from Sligo It all week

Think away man, it won't stop me winning piles of cash :D

Try to thrash it out with him first. Hopefully he will see sense. If that fails, try to chat to his boss if you know him/her. HR is a last resort which I would try to avoid.

I would love to thrash it out with his head. 4 of us in the team, one guy is off and he won't let me off the same time. I am on a temp contract to the end of February with a three month extension in the pipeline. The prick pushes back on every holiday request but it's no problem when I am the only one in the team, I was twice already this week. I have had the biggest workload by quite a way (more than double what the two girls have) for the last 10 months and I can't put in for leave without hassle.
    Fcuk that is a kick in the balls, I am a member of the working force for 15 years and have never or never will work a festival. Man management and motivational skills obviously not part of your bosses skill-set.

Lucky for you man, I worked in another place and the boss had no interest in racing but one of the companies we deal with flew him to Cheltenham for the week with free food and drink and an mc for the four days and while he was at it I could not even have a half day.

You can be sure of that, he just talks and doesn't listen. I used to do about 1 1/2 hours work outside my working day every day (only one in the team) and he told me I was wasting time on a point of integrity so I just stopped doing the extra time in work, that alone has cost the company 24 weeks work so far.

He is in our office once a fortnight and he should know me well enough that when I dig in I ****ing dig in.

I am flat out all the time and have told him for the last year and he has done nothing, recently a manager in Dublin has raised it on my behalf and is working on sorting it so when I pull the brake and stop working flat out the Manc wanker should be getting it in the neck from his boss. If he doesn't change his mind I will **** him up!

Why are some bosses such ****€rs?

Rant over :mad:

On the plus side I just got a message from a big company on linkedin saying they are hiring at a level I haven't worked at before and they think my profile is a good fit and would I be interested in applying. All going well it(it's going to be a rough interview and way above what I have done) would be a great move, a permanent job and probably at least double my salary. The cherry on top would be to get out of my current job without giving notice in and leaving the prick in the ****.

That interview sounds promising. Go for it dude. They wouldn't call you for that role unless they thought you were up to it. Sounds like the tosser your working for wont go far. He'll probably end up a crack addict lying in a ditch in a couple of years ( well I hope he does after not giving you Cheltenham off, he must have his head up his ass)

sting60 wrote: »
    Talking to my neighbour Sean Mulryan "if Newmarket is soft [heavy]Miss France will win 1,000 Guineas".

Fancy my Titania myself on good/soft or better.

Missed the Darts unfortunately

Some serious performances. Van Gerwen is on top of the world by the looks of it

• Advertisement

Watching 2 fast 2 Furious. Paul Walker looks better than last time I saw him

Watching 2 fast 2 Furious. Paul Walker looks better than last time I saw him

Ouch, that's gotta hurt!! :D

That interview sounds promising. Go for it dude. They wouldn't call you for that role unless they thought you were up to it. Sounds like the tosser your working for wont go far. He'll probably end up a crack addict lying in a ditch in a couple of years ( well I hope he does after not giving you Cheltenham off, he must have his head up his ass)

I might get laughed out of the place if I don't get it.

Good God I never knew the acting or special effects were so awful until now

Good God I never knew the acting or special effects were so awful until now

It's like Weekend At Bernies...

• Advertisement

Decent card Sunday

Took some 7/2 about Plinth so happy he lines up

Plinth Plinth Plinth

All aboard the Plinth express CHOO CHOO

What do you see in Plinth that is giving you guys the confidence? a hd win lto?

That guitar pete is battle hardened and 6/1 looks better value imo

What do you see in Plinth that is giving you guys the confidence? a hd win lto?

That guitar pete is battle hardened and 6/1 looks better value imo
    Guitar Pete a nice horse but exposed even for a juvenile and looks fair below grade 1 class.

Plinth won by a head but was value for more if not making a hash of the last, and showed a good battling quality to get back up to win which some juveniles may lack. Double the price of the horse he beat who already had the benefit of a run over hurdles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

This is very sad.

THE horse racing world is in mourning after the death, in tragic circumstances, of 27-year-old Lucy Stack, the wife of leading trainer Fozzy Stack.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/racing-world-mourns-as-wife-of-trainer-stack-dies-aged-27-29976238.html

She was a stunning looking woman. Her father, David Foster, was killed in 1998 when a horse fell on him while he was participating in an event. She wrote suicide notes to
    her family and friends. The letter to her friends was read out at her funeral service by her husband, Fozzy Stack. I find the image of that heartbreaking.

I have been upset since I read of Lucy Stack's death a few days ago. I did not know her
    but I know the numbing grief of losing a sibling to suicide. Even though it happened
    years ago, when he was 26, the pain is still there. No such thing as 'closure' when
    a loved one dies.

My deepest sympathy to her husband, mother, sister, brother and extended family
    and friends.

To go out tonight or to go out tonight, that is the question...

Option 1.

41388011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=cd6c9b5ede607cc7d4b48300d2e70368

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Chrysellium put down today one of the favs for the Guineas. As much as I hate Willie Carson I feel sorry for as he had a lovely horse in her

Friday night. Sand dune racing. Time to head to the local for a few scoops and donate €20 to the local bookie on the lucky last. Hareth is my selection so beware, be very aware!!

Sitting with a few locals, 2 of them betting together started with 20 quid a head this evening on the first. Had 300 win on the last winner. they have accumulated 4k going into the last race. What a poxy run.

• Advertisement
Advertisement