Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

kiers47 wrote: »
    Average day for me today after a good week.

Same here! Tammys Hill saved me from a complete wipe out today! Strange day at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Johner wrote: »
    Hows Venetia? :D

Venitia is.....oooh I can't say it....don't want to give any excuse for bold type comments here : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

After Dr Lamb had 2 winners had snall saver on LW. Massive Ew on Ned and saver on Savello (bigger but for sting and his coughing ****e)

Venitia is.....oooh I can't say it....don't want to give any excuse for bold type comments here : )

How did you get on backing at Cheltenham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Same here! Tammys Hill saved me from a complete wipe out today! Strange day at Cheltenham.

Had a couple of good ew's placed that hot back some of the damage done on bobs worth.
    I thought at one stage deputy dan was gonna hold on would have been a good day if he had but not to be.

Onwards and upwards anyway. Hopefully will have a good Aintree seen as I am making my first grand national trip!!

How did you get on backing at Cheltenham?

I probably broke even Johner,maybe a few Bob down. But I had a hell of a week,looking forward to the midlands national tomorrow.....uttoxeter rocks! How did you do yourself?

I probably broke even Johner,maybe a few Bob down. But I had a hell of a week,looking forward to the midlands national tomorrow.....uttoxeter rocks! How did you do yourself?

Pretty good! Did well the first 3 days and Tammys Hill saved me today from total disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Not a word of a lie... a guy early in the week comes into the shop where the brother works and told them to have a few bob ew on Elliots in the first on Friday. Roll on today and some elder lady comes in and said she was told to back Lac Fontana. His work colleague said he kinda fancied LW as he won the RSA last year and would go up the hill! The brother hadn't backed a horse in Cheltenham thus far and proceeded with 3x 10ew on the three and a 5ew treble at odds of 9/1,12/1 and 28/1. Got a cheque this evening from PP's for €20,055.
    He listened to the GC on the radio in the shop whilst I was giving him a commentary for the last furlong over the phone.
    So much for studying the form... he is still shaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

razorhead wrote: »
    Not a word of a lie... a guy early in the week comes into the shop where the brother works and told them to have a few bob ew on Elliots in the first on Friday. Roll on today and some elder lady comes in and said she was told to back Lac Fontana. His work colleague said he kinda fancied LW as he won the RSA last year and would go up the hill! The brother hadn't backed a horse in Cheltenham thus far and proceeded with 3x 10ew on the three and a 5ew treble at odds of 9/1,12/1 and 28/1. Got a cheque this evening from PP's for €20,055.
    He listened to the GC on the radio in the shop whilst I was giving him a commentary for the last furlong over the phone.
    So much for studying the form... he is still shaking.

Brilliant to hear stories like that, fairplay to him...some darts, that! :)

Fair play Razor, tell him to lend us a score.

• Advertisement

That is some touch!! FairPlay to him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Ah tits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

i dont post on this thread much but i have being following it for a long time and id like to say thanks to all who put up there views on horses months before cheltham.
    ps some amount of gob1****e that posted during the last 4days that will never back a horse untill next yr,and the amount of after timeing was just pretty sad to say the least they should have being banned

also thanks convert for the yellow card:pac::pac::pac:

naughto wrote: »
    i dont post on this thread much but i have being following it for a long time and id like to say thanks to all who put up there views on horses months before cheltham.
    ps some amount of gob1****e that posted during the last 4days that will never back a horse untill next yr,and the amount of after timeing was just pretty sad to say the least they should have being banned

also thanks convert for the yellow card:pac::pac::pac:
    It's fairly funny to see these randomers coming on saying I had 100ew on that 33/1 in the last race omg I can't believe it, what will I do with all this money bla bla bla.....

Rant over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I stayed away the last few days, bar this thread where the regulars seemed to be posting

With a lot of big price winners you often hear of some pin sticker in the offices getting a lucky Yankee or lucky 15 up

Any stories out there? The bookies usually aren't slow to get their pound of free publicity

You might appreciate this one colonel.

You might appreciate this one colonel.

Good man!

I'm going to the Darts on the 27th, had enough Monday & Tuesday to do me until then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ingerland to win by 22 <3

• Advertisement

And the lads to do the business in Paris!!! By 9.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Ingerland to win by 22 <3

It is indeed a magic number

Or wouldn't it be fitting if they won by 13!!! I'm a bit of a softy at heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Something about Mary. Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

sexton for man of the match if it comes down to kicking,iam hoping to f1ck that we will hammer fu1ck out of them.its just a shame we got beat by the english

Not a fan of Rugby, think it's a load of shite. Horse Racing, Football, GAA, Boxing, Darts and a bit of Golf/Tennis and playing with myself does me grand.

• Advertisement

And the lads to do the business in Paris!!! By 9.

Hopefully not,that team masquerading as "Ireland" is embarrassing to me.no Irish national anthem,no Irish tricolour flying! Disgusting.I don't blame the players,but to call it the "Irish" team is surely a case for the trades description act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Hopefully not,that team masquerading as "Ireland" is embarrassing to me.no Irish national anthem,no Irish tricolour flying! Disgusting.I don't blame the players,but to call it the "Irish" team is surely a case for the trades description act.

Spoken like a real free stater.

Up the free state re pub a lick

Ireland is an island and this team represents the entire island unlike the re pub a lick team. C'mon BOD

I do hate that ****e they play before the games alright.

I would agree with you for the most part droidman but I love that the island can play as a whole in rugby.

What time is the Ireland match on?

Flags and anthems have a lot to answer for

The sight of Cheltenham winners draped in the tricolour for instance is pathetic

• Advertisement

I do hate that ****e they play before the games alright.

I would agree with you for the most part droidman but I love that the island can play as a whole in rugby.

Fair point,but for example,in the nz world cup some years ago I seen the USA team and their fans belting out their national anthem it embarrassed me when the so called Irish team didn't sing my national anthem.I know all about the politics of the set up,but as simplistic as it sounds,they are either Ireland or they are not.

Just saw its on at 5, won't be watching that so, have a nice day planned.

Wake up
    Have a ****
    Get up
    Watch Hull - City
    Have 3 beers
    Have another ****
    Watch racing and soccer saturday
    Have 3 more beers
    Have one more ****
    Watch Villa - Chelsea
    Watch Malaga - Real Madrid
    Have 3 more beers
    Watch Atletico Madrid - Espanyol
    Have another ****
    Go to bed
    Have a ****
    Go to sleep.

Can't wait.

Wake up
    Have a ****
    Get up
    Watch Hull - City
    Have 3 beers
    Have another ****
    Have 3 more beers
    Have one more ****
    Watch Villa - Chelsea
    Have 3 more beers
    Have another ****
    Go to bed
    Have a ****
    Go to sleep.

Can't wait.

5 **** in one day????? Jammy bastard!!!

Simplistic is an understatement Droidman

If you know all about the politics then you know there are 2 tribes on this rock of ours - the rugby team is the embodiment of unity, don't be cribbing and complaining about what songs they sing before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Wake up
    Have a ****
    Get up
    Watch Hull - City
    Have 3 beers
    Have another ****
    Have 3 more beers
    Have one more ****
    Watch Villa - Chelsea
    Have 3 more beers
    Have another ****
    Go to bed
    Have a ****
    Go to sleep.

Can't wait.

Do you skull the 3 beers between the games or have them during them?

Do you skull the 3 beers between the games or have them during them?

Depends on the results. :pac:

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Simplistic is an understatement Droidman

If you know all about the politics then you know there are 2 tribes on this rock of ours - the rugby team is the embodiment of unity, don't be cribbing and complaining about what songs they sing before the match.

I,m neither cribbing or complaining,just stating fact.

I,m neither cribbing or complaining,just stating fact.

OK so it is a fact that they have to go out there and sing that awful Irelands Call ............. and then we support them as 15 sons of paddy's green shamrock shore, yes?

We are a minnow going for a championship in a bear pit. Little support would be nice.

OK so it is a fact that they have to go out there and sing that awful Irelands Call ............. and then we support them as 15 sons of paddy's green shamrock shore, yes?

We are a minnow going for a championship in a bear pit. Little support would be nice.

Cool your jets and back fill the power in tomorrows midlands national.

OK chief I will

I am a wee bit drunkish on 2008 Saint Julien Bordeaux tonight following Very Wood and Lord Windermere picks today in Boards 2014 Cheltenham Tipping Competition (think I might have won that :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement

Harry Topper, Harry Topper, Harry Topper.

Harry Topper, Harry Topper, Harry Topper.

Needs hock deep bottomless doesn't he?

Needs hock deep bottomless doesn't he?

Carrying a ton of weight as well, think the ground is soft though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rugby? Rugby? Lol
    Played by twats and followed by even bigger twats. It's a social occasion. Stadiums packed full of people that couldnt name 6 players.
    Pathetic.
    Provincial fans probably know more, 11 maybe.

Bandwagon.com and will phase out in a few more years.

Irelands call? Is there anything more cringeworth in sport? ****ing awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Good man droidy.

It's still ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

It seems that users are still ignoring on thread warnings. From now on there will be no further warnings and bans will be issued for those who choose to ignore warnings.

Slatts troll.

I have played and followed the oval ball game since 1975.

I am confident that I can name at least 15 of the players tomorrow.

Do you know what a spear tackle is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Slatts troll.

I have played and followed the oval ball game since 1975.

I am confident that I can name at least 15 of the players tomorrow.

Do you know what a spear tackle is?

In fairness he has a point, seems a few people i know woke up rugby fans last saturday and attended their first ever rugby game while letting everyone on FB know about it every 5 mins, i don't like rugby but have mates who i would class as proper fans and they even hate this 'new age' rugby crowd

Listening to Aja now. Steely Dan

Moved on to the Finlandia and cranberry juice

• Advertisement

In fairness he has a point, seems a few people i know woke up rugby fans last saturday and attended their first ever rugby game while letting everyone on FB know about it every 5 mins, i don't like rugby but have mates who i would class as proper fans and they even hate this 'new age' rugby crowd

I don't really know what you mean by the new age crowd - unless you mean the ladies that is!

My mother has never been to Lansdowne Road for example. That would have been anathema to the old man. Yet the wife is a regular at the RDS, Aviva and has been at Cardiff, Stade de France and Twickenham matches in recent years. Make of that what you will.

Advertisement