Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Oh lord. I'm in a loopy mac loopington.

Just got an early Dominos.

Johner wrote: »
    United are a cracking price tomorrow to beat Liverpool. Going to have a fair wedge on it.

Good man myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Drank n Drank came from an impossible position to glide up for 2nd in the 4.15 lmk. One to keep on side if put up in trip next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

It seems renaming the thread after a horse due to run isn't having the desired effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

As much as I'm not a big fan of the scud missile..he was very honorable in not staking his claim for gold cup glory on the giant bolster..I'm pretty sure if on his own didn't violently bump him and jump across him at the last gold cup glory was his

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Oh good Jesus the flat is back this weekend

Make it stop, please make it stop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Interview tomorrow for a new job with the Galway Bay Brewery. Wish me luck, beer snobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I expect lots of free beer

• Advertisement

Is there sound jump racing on this week or that pitiful display of sh ite on the fibre sand taken the limelight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Been really enjoying the Darts Premiership. Recording it during the night and watch it first thing in the morning.

Going to dabble for the first time after getting my eye in on the players.

Chisnall and Thornton in a nice and easy 5/1 double. It'll add an edge to the viewing.

Chissy, Wright, Taylor and Lewis for me.

Probably going to have a fair whack on Chissy to win at 5/4. Whitlock is utter toilet.

Yeah. Chisnall is the stand out price. I think Thornton has been throwing very well without the points to show for it.

If Lewis isn't on it then he'll punish him. 2/1 is great value.

tomaussie wrote: »
    Yeah. Chisnall is the stand out price. I think Thornton has been throwing very well without the points to show for it.

If Lewis isn't on it then he'll punish him. 2/1 is great value.

I never seem to get Thornton right, the week I backed him he was shocking and lost to Newton in an awful game. When on form Thornton is pretty much unstoppable and always seems to post these huge averages but he's just a bit too inconsistent for my liking. Kicking myself for not lumping on Whitlock to be relegated after the first week at 5/2. He's in awful form, he needed 100% on the doubles to scrape a win and that won't be happening again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Johner wrote: »
    Chissy, Wright, Taylor and Lewis for me.

Probably going to have a fair whack on Chissy to win at 5/4. Whitlock is utter toilet.

Did these 4 plus MvG, well worth adding in at 4/9 I thought. Lewis v Thornton is the tough one to call but Lewis won(lucky) last week without playing too well and after MvG's performance last week, he had to be put in.

Thornton has impressed me more than anybody. Maybe because I didn't know a lot about him.

He obviously struggles with head issues. Concentration and the like. A lot of emotional energy involved in each throw. If he could sort the head out he'd be some player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

tomaussie wrote: »
    Thornton has impressed me more than anybody. Maybe because I didn't know a lot about him.

He obviously struggles with head issues. Concentration and the like. A lot of emotional energy involved in each throw. If he could sort the head out he'd be some player.

I think he is very good and am delighted he was put in it, maybe because Lewis is my favourite and just recently won the UK open I'm hoping he'll be on top form. A draw would not surprise me in the slightest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Just been subjected to The Valleys

Christ it's scary that enough people watch this atrocious sh!te to actually make it commercially viable

Someone told me a while ago that there's now a programme where you watch other people watching television. That's ****ing rock bottom if I ever came across it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Kernel you mustn't have seen the ad for "Ex on the beach", it's just about to start on MTV. They take 12 "attractive" people and put them on an island with drink and "every week one of their exes joins them on the beach". So after week one everyone on the island knows what is coming!! FSS, great twist.

Pure **** on telly:

The Valleys - a load of chimp looking fellas who think they are gorgeous because they can score manky looking orange faced twats

The Voice - People are judged on their voices and not looks, in round 1 and after that it's X Factor, FFS

Every Wednesday there is a Jennifer ****ing Aniston film

The Takeover - the employees run the show for a week and when the cameras leave their boss treats them like ****

Embarassing Bodies - I have fungus on my cock but I am too shy to go to my doctor so I will show the people sad enough to watch this

I love Sky Plus and Netflix so you can watch good stuff whenever.

The voice is a massive sack of sh!t (my mother in law watches it)

I remember someone in work telling me about it. Conversation went along the lines of

Me: so it's pretty much a rehash of X Factor
    Them: no they don't see the contestants so it's all about talent
    Me: god, they don't see them for the entire series?
    Them: no just the audition
    Me: so after the audition it's X Factor and looks probably matter
    Them: No! They're BLIND AUCTIONS
    Me: yeah but what about after the auditions
    Them: no it's different to X Factor
    Me: *stunned silence*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Geordie Shore is where it's at :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Have been told to watch True Detective, anyone watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Luap wrote: »

Have watched the first season. Its unreal. You will not regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Luap wrote: »

Ya its very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

House of Cards, House of Cards, House of Cards

House of Cards, House of Cards, House of Cards

Also excellent. Season 2 is fantastic.

Anyone listening to the morons on William Hill. The fantastic talent of Fergal Lynch, one of the best. Asked did Andy have any fancies for Dundalk, named out 5, all favs.

Trying to make a case for Highland Lodge tomorrow. Early season form reads well, 2nd to Standing Ovation trying to give 26lbs then 4th in the Hennessy off 6lbs higher than he runs off tomorrow. Last 2 runs have been totally stink though.

• Advertisement

Trying to make a case for Highland Lodge tomorrow. Early season form reads well, 2nd to Standing Ovation trying to give 26lbs then 4th in the Hennessy off 6lbs higher than he runs off tomorrow. Last 2 runs have been totally stink though.

Just had a score at 10s. Risky but he is very well handicapped

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Risky but he is very well handicapped

That was my sentiments exactly Urban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Sound for the heads up Colonel... Had a serious obsession with him for the Hennessy, thought that run was great, but unfortunately followed him the next twice!

Has been outrageously well backed every time this season, 10s looks a good early price and surely won't be around tomorrow.
    Will give him one last go.

only1stevo wrote: »
    Sound for the heads up Colonel...

Oh god, hopefully he'll run well now after me alerting people!!

Backed it, definitely gonna win

Only problem is my free bet with Bet365 will be on some jammy all weather race I've no clue about :pac:

Oh god, hopefully he'll run well now after me alerting people!!

Yeah, he better...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Also excellent. Season 2 is fantastic.

Going to finish it over the weekend, 5 episodes left. Brilliant show!

Going to finish it over the weekend, 5 episodes left. Brilliant show!

Enjoy you wont be disappointed. Can't wait for season 3.

Is Highland Lodge Pricewise?

Blue across the board and the online edition goes up at 8pm afaik

Edit: Liquidity levels on Betfair suggests it is

• Advertisement

Is Highland Lodge Pricewise?

Blue across the board and the online edition goes up at 8pm afaik

Edit: Liquidity levels on Betfair suggests it is

Woop woop value bet can't lose!

The Italian Job is a quality film

Watching Lone Survivor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Watching Lone Survivor
    very good film

naughto wrote: »
    very good film

Enjoying it a lot

One I've been waiting for a long time for is running again tomorrow. Tea for two in the expensive sales bumper..NAPPY material. Also seeyouallincoppers making the journey across the shore very strong form with guitar Pete and lindenhurst

• Advertisement

Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea....

Jesus, bookies originally priced Bayern at 4/5 away to Man Utd in the Champions League. 1.53 now

Looks like reputation and history still counts, it was the same when Athletico played AC Milan in the last round

I'm soon heading away on my travels and so won't have as much time to follow/watch the racing for the next couple of yrs or so (yeah, im actually going to have to do a bit of work which is a frightening thought :) )I saw one of the people here had a thread to keep track for their selections but its not in the horse racing forum. Where do I set one up? I just want to do it for the upcoming flat season for myself so I can keep track and see can I churn out a profit for myself with about 10 to 15 bets for the flat season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

In the gambling forum Bumper, there's a logs/challenges section. Where you off to?

That's the one then. I'll set one up there for myself in the next couple weeks and I'll stick the link here so I can be congratulated or ridiculed after the season :).

Without being too specific, Central America direction Carpo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement