Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭carmanard

Note to self: don't drink 6 of those cans of weissbier they sell in lidl and expect to be fully functional the next morning. Jebus..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

carmanard wrote: »
    Note to self: don't drink 6 of those cans of weissbier they sell in lidl and expect to be fully functional the next morning. Jebus..

Those "notes to self" don't work,you will do it again and again and again.....: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Brilliant card Johner. Some Tikket could be well handicapped, Le Vant could be above average

Was hungover so didn't go. :( Always liked Some Tikket since his bumper win. Wouldn't have even realised he was running until you said it. :D Absolutely danced in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Brilliant card Johner. Some Tikket could be well handicapped, Le Vant could be above average

G'lad Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Glad ye were on lads because guess who wasn't

What a goal Dublin scored great move. 20 seconds in

1 minute 7 seconds in and Dublin two goals up hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

US masters this week. I like to do a few each yr in the majors. I've spread myself thin for some very small ew stakes on this lot. All each way Cabrera, Jimenez, Moon Bae, Huh, liessman. Amongst the favs kuchar/day/stenson would be my picks but for the buttons I'm putting on I've gone for the longshot value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »
    US masters this week. I like to do a few each yr in the majors. I've spread myself thin for some very small ew stakes on this lot. All each way Cabrera, Jimenez, Moon Bae, Huh, liessman. Amongst the favs kuchar/day/stenson would be my picks but for the buttons I'm putting on I've gone for the longshot value.

Patrick Reed and Day for me so far!
    Rory leading after round two might be another.. lovely round today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

There will be one bet for me in the Grand National of Golf and that's the ole stayer Cabrera!! :D

Has finished in the top 20 in 8 of the last 14 years and top 40 in 11/14. Has the bottle which is half the battle round Augusta.

Masters Record

Year Place Score Round Money
    1 2 3 4
    2013: 2 -9 71 69 69 70 $ 864,000
    2012: 32 +3 71 78 71 71 $ 45,280
    2011: 7 -9 71 70 67 71 $ 268,000
    2010: 18 -1 73 74 69 71 $ 94,500
    2009: 1 -12 68 68 69 71 $ 1,350,000
    2008: 25 +4 73 72 73 74 $ 54,844
    2007: 37 +14 77 75 79 71 $ 31,900
    2006: 8 -3 73 74 70 68 $ 210,000
    2005: 56 +6 77 73 $ 5,000
    2004: 67 +7 74 77 $ 5,000
    2003: 15 +2 76 71 71 72 $ 93,000
    2002: 9 -3 68 71 73 73 $ 151,200
    2001: 10 -8 66 71 70 73 $ 128,800
    2000: 65 +6 74 76 $ 5,000

Cabrera ew @ 50/1 (6 places with Paddy Power)

You'll note Cabrera was first on my list. Had him 7th and 18th, missed his win and 2nd and no money back when 7th. So I've added a few others this time. It's definitely horses for courses at the masters. Davis love 3 also often plays well around there.

Chelsea - PSG. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea came out storming and won the first half, then PSG fought back in the 2nd half. Chelsea - PSG half time full time is 33/1. Tempting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

My token losing soccer bet of the week. Real at 11/8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

kiers47 wrote: »
    My token losing soccer bet of the week. Real at 11/8

Haha exactly..

BumperD wrote: »
    Chelsea - PSG. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea came out storming and won the first half, then PSG fought back in the 2nd half. Chelsea - PSG half time full time is 33/1. Tempting....

Stick to the knitting bumper, the knitting..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Backed Bayern -1.5 at 1.925

Let the head rule....well my wallet. I'm not a Utd fan so no heart to interfere!

Let the head rule....well my wallet. I'm not a Utd fan so no heart to interfere!

Ive dipped my toe into the world of footy betting on a rare occasion. I cannot recall collecting very often so im just watching tonight and as a Man U fan, hoping for a miracle but resigned to a likely loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Cart

Did a wincast double for a bit of interest. Robyn and messi to score and bayern and barca to win

New underwear was required when Utd scored but we got there

Hold Court runs at Ludlow backed it at 7/2. Can anyone check what his highest price was on odds checker can't on mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Urban, he was best priced 4's with Bet 365,PP and WH early hours and then went 7/2 with PP @ 8.29. Bet 365 went 7/2 @ 7.48 and 3's @ 9.18

Oscar Pistorious's version of events has more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese.

Do you fancy Hold court Urban? 3's generally now and down to 5/2 in places.

razorhead wrote: »
    Do you fancy Hold court Urban? 3's generally now and down to 5/2 in places.

Think he is well handicapped but not one for too much faith. Solix looks my main bet of the weekend price dependent tomorrow.

Hold Court very strong. Hendersons was 2/1 fav earlier you can get 5.3 very weak. Ghost of a Smile strongest of all could be a touch landed if he wins

Edit knew I recognized that horse. Landed a gamble two starts back when I fancied Sarando

Hold Court held on to win in a driving finish with Speedy Tunes!

Heart was in my mouth alright. Had betfair up in running he any from 1.14 to odds against. Still a nice win first proper bet in a while. A bit of that onto the well handicapped Solix tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Have had Best Boy Barney in my tracker since he finished 4 1/2 lengths 3rd behind Chatterbox and MTOY in a Introductory Hurdle at Newbury. Horse has done feck all since but surely is capable of winning a chase around Fontwell off a mark of 90. Plenty of money around for him overnight so got on at 6/1 earlier. Ive promised myself that this is the last time im going to back this fella.

Obviously enough hoses in today and i aint got a penny on. Plus Hold Court goes in. Well done to those who were on Hold Court.

Well done and thanks Urban, had a small bet on HC.

Well done Urban

Will you rename the thread to encourage Solix tomorrow???

• Advertisement

Unfortunately couldn't get on at fancy odds so left it. On the sauce instead tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

Was sad to hear that Johnny Harrington and Mrs Weld had passed away today .both were deeply involved in the racing industry. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

I see jezki is the only non Mullins horse entered in the Irish champion hurdle...
    What a joke...

Took some evs Athletico to beat Chelsea at home, missed the slight odds against there had been. Saw 2.03 with Pinnacle & a few Oddschecker firms were evens but blue.

The second I got a text saying they'd drawn Chelsea I knew I'd end up backing them

ste2010 wrote: »
    I see jezki is the only non Mullins horse entered in the Irish champion hurdle...
    What a joke...

It's getting harder to take Irish racing seriously

Was sad to hear that Johnny Harrington and Mrs Weld had passed away today .both were deeply involved in the racing industry. RIP

Knew Johnny. Down to earth. Absolute gentleman.

It's getting harder to take Irish racing seriously

If anything you'd have to say if any of the British trainers had brains they might target a race like this to win rather than aintree or Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

London marathon at 9
    Paris Roubaix from 11
    Derry v mayo
    Cork v Kerry
    Liverpool v city
    The Galf all night

I could be blind by midnight tommorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Christian Eriksen is now the danger to Ade being top scorer at Spurs. He's 3 behind, and in form.
    Ade missed a pen today, the worst pen of all time.

• Advertisement

Rishi Persad is out at Augusta interviewing the golfers for BBC.. :confused:

Seriously, who is he sucking off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Rishi Persad is out at Augusta interviewing the golfers for BBC.. :confused:

Seriously, who is he sucking off?

Some job he's god. Defo playing the race card is say

O'Hara's have changed the Leann Follain label. Almost walked out of the supermarket thinking they didn't have any

Some job he's god. Defo playing the race card is say

Fairplay to him for getting away with it. Best of both worlds, he has.

Urban, are you on Cristoforo tomorrow?

Looks like there could be a Dennis hogan affair on today at wetherby. It's a long way from Tipperary.
    Guessing which one will go in is another thing but I'm pretty sure it'll be the one in the 6pm

• Advertisement

Had a small bet on Liverpool yesterday at 6/4

I've since showered twice but the dirt isn't coming off

Urban, are you on Cristoforo tomorrow?

Won't touch one of O'Briens this early. Any that win are serious horses. Keep an eye on Palace and the grand daughter of Urban Sea that won the Guineas trial as a result

Had a small bet on Liverpool yesterday at 6/4

I've since showered twice but the dirt isn't coming off

Filthy lucre

Will pay for some more soap. I can't believe Liverpool might actually win the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Filthy lucre

Will pay for some more soap. I can't believe Liverpool might actually win the league

It's crazy. Rodgers has done a fine job. It's in their own hands now.

Stand Clear at Wetherby here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement