Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

All over the our mick angle..If I was paid this week instead of next week a pretty large sum would be going down..

Others I like today at nice prices are
    Elenika
    Shooters wood
    Bourne

All good chances on course form or ratings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

tomaussie wrote: »
    Thinking that Swansea are maximum bet material.

Playing well without winning and will be busting a gut to win at St. James's park for the second year running. Would be a fourth win in a row against Newcastle. A win would see them pretty much safe.

Newcastle have been poor at home this season and might be on a mental holiday as they have little to play for.

2.75 is just about an acceptable price.

You're welcome

Will be having a few bucks on Hull. The front 2 are cup tied and I think their effort will make the difference.

Am more than happy to take 4.5 about the home team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

How the hell did Sunderland pull 4 points out of the City/Chelsea games, and it should have been 6!

Liverpool's to lose now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hello crate of Peroni

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

How the hell did Sunderland pull 4 points out of the City/Chelsea games, and it should have been 6!

Liverpool's to lose now

Surely is alright. Trading at 1.3 after that.

Would give everything in the world to see them implode

kiers47 wrote: »
    Surely is alright. Trading at 1.3 after that.

Can lose to Chelsea now and still do it. No longer as enormous a game as it looked like being

****ing Sunderland, I'm sitting on 20/1 for them to finish bottom!!!

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Hello crate of Peroni

Going for a few crafty pints later on in Kilkenny

Arvika being retired according to Mark Howard

Says it came straight from Ricci

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Arvika being retired according to Mark Howard

Says it came straight from Ricci

Yea, read that earlier. Picked up an injury apparently. Shame, he was a fine sight going right round Irish tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Guys in this thread pretty clued in so I'll fire away with my question regarding arbing. I know its frowned upon by bookmakers but my question for argument sake is as follows:

Just imagine Bet365 had Lpool at 2.00 for league and at the same time you could lay them on Betfair at 1.50
    Obviously I have a straight forward Arb opportunity there, and I know the above situation would never happen, but wud Arbing using Betfair in that way lead to problems/restrictions from bookies for someone doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Once - probably not. Continuously - yes certainly. No.1 reason people get restricted

Obviously the bookies dont know if you used Betfair to hedge however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Once - probably not. Continuously - yes certainly. No.1 reason people get restricted

Obviously the bookies dont know if you used Betfair to hedge however

Thanks yeah that is what I am kind of wondering; would the bookies know in that situation that Betfair/any sports exchange has been used to gurantee a profit. I know bookie to bookie wud get one caught; just wondering if its risk free betting with the bookie and using the exchanges then to gurantee the money! And can a large stake be withheld if one is caught doing it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Uses to do a lot of UFC punting around 140, couple bets stand out to me tonight, Browne by TKO, Tate by decision, Cerrone by decision, Tavares by decision. 3 right would be a nice profit, ive done the usual trebles etc. Tavares by decision bet of the night for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

SM746 wrote: »
    Thanks yeah that is what I am kind of wondering; would the bookies know in that situation that Betfair/any sports exchange has been used to gurantee a profit. I know bookie to bookie wud get one caught; just wondering if its risk free betting with the bookie and using the exchanges then to gurantee the money! And can a large stake be withheld if one is caught doing it?

No you aren't doing anything illegal.

Taking advantage of arbs is smart and you should get as much as you can on when situations arise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

I have only been using PP for bout 6 weeks, small bets. When i see what the max i can put on certain horses it really is a joke. Could someone entertain me and pick a random horse running tomorrow and see what their max is please(might be the same for everyone). just checking for pig iron.

Can be private mail if you like

Would give everything in the world to see them implode

Bad luck. Not gonna happen. You had your turn.

Our year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

We are Liverpool tra la la

Norwich have a nice trip to Old Trafford next week after hosting Liverpool today

Sunderland proved anything can happen but you'd have to assume they could be knocking on the trap door this time next week

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Did i just wake up in the algrave:confused:
    SUNSHINE:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

anyone ever seen birdy says nicholas gage is in it, only late night movie i can see on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Happy bad e/w accumulator day!

Moyes on his way out by the looks of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Moyes on his way out by the looks of it

Confirmed at 8:30am by the club, in time for the stock market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Awful news. :(

Big punt on Athletico tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Big punt on Athletico tonight

They're my Spanish team. Supported them since I saw Torres playing for them. I'd be brilliant if they did the double

Nulty wrote: »
    They're my Spanish team. Supported them since I saw Torres playing for them. I'd be brilliant if they did the double

Ladbrokes were 2.09 -0.5 the day of the draw. 1.85 on Betfair & Pinnacle are shorter again.

A good few big punters I know really rate them so I guess they were always gonna attract cash at odds against

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Ladbrokes were 2.09 -0.5 the day of the draw. 1.85 on Betfair & Pinnacle are shorter again.

A good few big punters I know really rate them so I guess they were always gonna attract cash at odds against

Yeah but to be fair Ladbrokes' AH odds aren't really representative of the industry. They're a law unto themselves at times.

1.81 now, as strong a football punt as I've seen in a while

1.81 now, as strong a football punt as I've seen in a while

WTF? Backed em at evens but didn't think they'd go this short

Pinnacle seem to be well below Betfair al say

Serious, serious punt

Everywhere I go of late I seem to have complete strangers address me as "Buddy".

Buying the paper, buying petrol, buying a pint or even getting breakfast. "Cheers Buddy!" and "Thanks Buddy!" are the new catchphrase at the end of the transaction. Gone are the days of the ould codger giving you a disgruntled grunt as part of your retail purchase experience. Strange this new Ireland we live in.

It's the proliferation of Americanisms

I work with an awful bunch of gimps, the young people constantly say sh!te like "that sucks", "I'm only kidding", "true dat" etc. Gets on my t!ts.

I've no problem with American people but hate idiots who think they're American

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

It's the proliferation of Americanisms

I work with an awful bunch of gimps, the young people constantly say sh!te like "that sucks", "I'm only kidding", "true dat" etc. Gets on my t!ts.

I've no problem with American people but hate idiots who think they're American

Chillax duuuude! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Lads, c'mon... you've been warned umpteen times about the style of posting.

I really enjoy tomorrow's Sandown card every year. Those 3yo handicaps are very interesting with a view to the future. I'm also liking 5/2 about Sacred Act in the first. If he isn't rated above 90 by the end of the year I will donate my left nut to medical research.

Look out for the Aga filly Shamkala she looks potentially top top class

I'm on a day out Saturday. High stool time. And about 6 cards to trawl through tomorrow. But I will only have 2 bets and see can I turn a profit. Cleaned out my tracker as NH season is over. Need to start populating it with flat horses. The early flat season is a minefield punting wise (for me anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Look out for the Aga filly Shamkala she looks potentially top top class

Saw that race today looked very useful alright .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

"The lads" obviously have a lot of faith in War Front as a sire, another bunch of them entered in the 2yo maiden at Naas on Monday. The Great War looked smart tonight.

Richard Hughes returns to the saddle this w\e after that nasty fall in meydan.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MadHorse

I really enjoy tomorrow's Sandown card every year. Those 3yo handicaps are very interesting with a view to the future. I'm also liking 5/2 about Sacred Act in the first. If he isn't rated above 90 by the end of the year I will donate my left nut to medical research.

Prepare for surgery boy...... Lol

MadHorse wrote: »
    Prepare for surgery boy...... Lol

I note you only slag me off after the horse ran moderately. I don't recall you claiming the opinion was misguided before he ran?

Take a hike, child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I note you only slag me off after the horse ran moderately. I don't recall you claiming the opinion was misguided before he ran?

Take a hike, child.

Jaysus bit on the defensive there lad, I'm sure he was only joking with you.

Jaysus bit on the defensive there lad, I'm sure he was only joking with you.

Ah I know but I hate aftertiming more than you can imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Ah I know but I hate aftertiming more than you can imagine.

Tha fact that you had just lost a few quid probably had you a little over sensitive aswell :D

West Brom could be the EPL springer for tomorrow. Pinnacle a good bit shorter than Betfair & the reciprocal of their 2.07 West Ham +0.5 (1.935) is shorter than Betfair back price

People telling me they've West Brom ahead on ratings but that looks very skinny, possibly yet another "need to win" gamble

West Brom could be the EPL springer for tomorrow. Pinnacle a good bit shorter than Betfair & the reciprocal of their 2.07 West Ham +0.5 (1.935) is shorter than Betfair back price

People telling me they've West Brom ahead on ratings but that looks very skinny, possibly yet another "need to win" gamble

Mid point of Sporting's goals line isn't that far higher than typical either.

I've an itchy trigger finger! Will consult a few of the (more knowledgable than me) lads before supporting The Hammers

Asian Wing Asian Wing Asian Wing

• Advertisement
Advertisement