Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MadHorse

I note you only slag me off after the horse ran moderately. I don't recall you claiming the opinion was misguided before he ran?

Take a hike, child.

No offence intended new approach. His initial run did look quiet promising and I even took your advice and had a few quid on him. But you need to calm down little...... Surgery may not be that bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Mid point of Sporting's goals line isn't that far higher than typical either.

I've an itchy trigger finger! Will consult a few of the (more knowledgable than me) lads before supporting The Hammers

Steady on there colonel.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MadHorse

I note you only slag me off after the horse ran moderately. I don't recall you claiming the opinion was misguided before he ran?

Take a hike, child.

No offence intended new approach. His initial run did look quiet promising and I even took your advice and had a few quid on him. But you need to calm down little...... Surgery may not be that bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Tha fact that you had just lost a few quid probably had you a little over sensitive aswell :D

Not in the slightest to be honest, this is a long term game! If every 5/2 shot I back goes off 6/4 I'll be delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

BumperD wrote: »
    Everywhere I go of late I seem to have complete strangers address me as "Buddy".

Buying the paper, buying petrol, buying a pint or even getting breakfast. "Cheers Buddy!" and "Thanks Buddy!" are the new catchphrase at the end of the transaction. Gone are the days of the ould codger giving you a disgruntled grunt as part of your retail purchase experience. Strange this new Ireland we live in.

Look who goes and wins in the 6.45 in Dundalk at 16/1, ''Cheers Buddy''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone on the scoops?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

On the Of Foam and Fury. Bould.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Are Fulham really 5/4 ?

Stealing money if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

My head.

Is sore.

Not sure how I'm going to rescue this day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Great interview with Michael Ronayne on the Marion Finucane show this morning, worth listening to on the player when uploaded, should be later today or tomorrow. For those who don't know Michael, he's the 84 year old trainer of Moon Racer who won the Tattersalls bumper last week, his first ever winner. The horse sold to David Pipe for £225,000 yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Racingpost on twitter have just announced Tidal Bay has been retired. What a legend he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

sonnky wrote: »
    Racingpost on twitter have just announced Tidal Bay has been retired. What a legend he was.

Great horse, a credit to connections

Have said it so many times, Nicholls is a genius at keeping these old horses sweet and on the go

On West Ham +0.5 at 2.09

Gamble on West Brom started pretty late, I'm guessing Pinnacle saw shrewd support at their early lines so anticipated it

Also backed Chelsea +0.75 at 2.025

On West Ham +0.5 at 2.09

I fear you have done your dough colonel...........with the first bet I mean

I fear you have done your dough colonel...........with the first bet I mean

I may have but I'm happy with the price

• Advertisement

I may have but I'm happy with the price

I have watched every hammers game this season live,they are gutless.only reason we will stay up is by default,as in the teams below us are even more woeful.I don't think we will get another point this season.I will be watching them again in about 20 mins from now, obviously we both hope they win.....for different reasons : )

I've a huge sweat on Liverpool in the league but despite that I'm backing Chelsea tomorrow also +.75

I've a huge sweat on Liverpool in the league but despite that I'm backing Chelsea tomorrow also +.75

What price you on at New Approach

I was told to punt em at 33/1 pre season & didn't!

On West Ham +0.5 at 2.09

Gamble on West Brom started pretty late, I'm guessing Pinnacle saw shrewd support at their early lines so anticipated it

West Brom 1 up

What price you on at New Approach

I was told to punt em at 33/1 pre season & didn't!

28s ew, but a friend also has a c.25000/1 accum with only Liv and a 4/9 shot remaining, which I've hedged for him for a decent chunk at a price. So yeah I want them to win it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

tomaussie wrote: »
    Are Fulham really 5/4 ?

Stealing money if true.

Looking good, Tom.

Well, I fairly jinxed that for you...

another disgraceful performance from the irons, how long is gold and Sullivan going to ignore the fans and put up with this crap!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Looking good, Tom.

Well, I fairly jinxed that for you...

Just woke up for a half asleep lash.

Long and Jelavic breaking hearts.

I presume Fulham got nervy and starting sitting deeper and deeper. I'll watch it later.

Take a hike, child.

Pretty seething I got infracted for this and not the swine I was responding to. Whatever happened to the rules surrounding aftertiming?

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Pretty seething I got infracted for this and not the swine I was responding to. Whatever happened to the rules surrounding aftertiming?

:mad:

Myself and a few other regulars have stopped posting here because of stuff like this.
    Not worth it any more.
    Used to be good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

As per the forum charter, if you've a problem with modding then PM the mod(s) rather than derailing the thread by posting in thread about it.

If you've a problem with a post, then report it so the mods can deal with it.

Ladbrokes still betting on Michael Sam's draft position. Over/under 134.5 now which is more in line with the line the US site mentioned when I first posted it

28s ew, but a friend also has a c.25000/1 accum with only Liv and a 4/9 shot remaining, which I've hedged for him for a decent chunk at a price. So yeah I want them to win it!

That 4/9 shot is now 11/4 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

Is there a reason that Dermot Weld has so many aga khan owned horses this year .Is he going away from having John Oxx as his main trainer in ireland .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Is there a reason that Dermot Weld has so many aga khan owned horses this year .Is he going away from having John Oxx as his main trainer in ireland .

He announced it last year. With Oxx's horses being sick for the most part, didn't go down too well.

• Advertisement

Chelsea are an absurd price. Who exactly isn't starting that is available to? Torres/Cahill?

Chelsea are an absurd price. Who exactly isn't starting that is available to? Torres/Cahill?

Yeah win or lose its way off.

I might back em again, 2.08 +0.75 with pinnacle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Great interview with Michael Ronayne on the Marion Finucane show this morning, worth listening to on the player when uploaded, should be later today or tomorrow. For those who don't know Michael, he's the 84 year old trainer of Moon Racer who won the Tattersalls bumper last week, his first ever winner. The horse sold to David Pipe for £225,000 yesterday.

Thanks for pointing this out. Sounds like an absolute gent.. still riding out at 84 he says!!
    300k Euro profit since August!

Brought my son to the play ground today. It's amazing what you can find out from graffiti

I was reliably informed that Hannah is a slut & Emma has knacker tits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Seeing as AT is sound here now.....
    As a Liverpool fan and being pessimistic as i am..... i thought the 11/2 on City for the league was way too big considering we had Chelsea this weekend.
    Got the guts of 1k on City @ 11/2

The winning bet means nothing to me. Zero.

Losing the bet means even less.

Fully expect City to win it now.

Sporting still have Liverpool top of their points table

Sporting still have Liverpool top of their points table

Just thinking, City have 3 games left so their variance is probably higher

i.e. while Liverpool's expected points total is higher if you ran say 1,000,000 sims City would come out on top more times than Liverpool, their points total has more positive skew than Pool's

I think

I'll run some (rough) sims in work tomorrow using bookies best odds scaled to 100% to get probabilities

Not perfect but will give me an idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Slattsy wrote: »
    Seeing as AT is sound here now.....
    As a Liverpool fan and being pessimistic as i am..... i thought the 11/2 on City for the league was way too big considering we had Chelsea this weekend.
    Got the guts of 1k on City @ 11/2

The winning bet means nothing to me. Zero.

Losing the bet means even less.

Fully expect City to win it now.

Grand to call people up on aftertiming €2.50 bets in the soccer forum though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Anyone care to price up Sire De Grugy vs Sprinter Sacre if they were to meet first time up in the tingle creek next season assuming we don't see either before hand

I'll run some (rough) sims in work tomorrow

No I won't

No prices up for the games after next weekend. The complexion of the market will (irrationally) change a lot depending on what's to play for on the final day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Anyone care to price up Sire De Grugy vs Sprinter Sacre if they were to meet first time up in the tingle creek next season assuming we don't see either before hand
    Both fit and ready to run Sprinter Sacre 2/9 Sire De Grugy 3/1.

sting60 wrote: »
    Both fit and ready to run Sprinter Sacre 2/9 Sire De Grugy 3/1.

They were the prices this year at Kempton

Do you not think we might see some big prices with all the questions against SS that will need to be answered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Don't think Sprinter Sacre would be that short sting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Evens we see him race again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

I believe he wont run again hope im wrong.Deman suffered a mild form of artial fibrillation and came back but reading a detailed report on the condition from a leading U S equine cardiologist he states less than 30% make a full recovery.I am basing my odds on a fit Sprinter Sacre who is rated 16 lbs above Sire De Grugy who runs to a consistent mark 169/171.SDG is in a very weak division with little or no opposition and his running to his mark of 169 from the Tingle Creek to the Queen Mother champion suggests he is really not improving and that is his level[not in the same planet as a fit Sprinter Sacre].If Sprinter Sacre was nobbled[mentioned in some very quite places]he should make a full recovery.Remember Willie Mullins before Cheltenham and his statement out of the blue regards Security/nobbling.

Once in a lifetime horse trained by a confirmed drug cheat suffers unusual medical issues. Hmmm

Simonsig is better anyway :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

4/7 Sprinter, 7/4 SDG and rags making up the rest

This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=npodj_sxO3I

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

3/1 SDG would be the EW thievery bet of the century.

• Advertisement
Advertisement