Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

naughto wrote: »
    Think what you will get after the dinner in the bedroom it will be the best 2 mins of your life

You give me too much credit. Will be worth it if I set a new record and get to 20 seconds :cool:

The smell around the house is absolutely fantastic, worth all the hard work, haven't eaten all day. Have to pop up to my folks in a bit as the desert has to cook at 220C but the lamb is occupying the oven at 140C, first world problems!

If you are in to cooking it's a great book, takes plenty of time as everything is from scratch but well worth it. Only problem, some of the recipes need veal stock, calves heads and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

You need 2 ovens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Treat yourself to a range cooker.

Was gutted for Derek Fox today beaten a head in the GN trial. Was in my year in school nice fella. Good rider

Treat yourself to a range cooker.

Will need a decent Cheltenham before I would even dare suggesting it...

• Advertisement

A small field but what an Arc

Great race.

Does anyone know if Longchamp hires schoolgirls to screech at the end if races, its so annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it's actually Ned Flanders

When his horse gets beaten its all diddily doodily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

3 cocktails in. On my first beer now. Just found a pool table. It's gonna be a good night.

Thailand is not the kip I was expecting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

On the razz again.

Expect I'll be too píssed to back any winners that are put up in the daily thread by the time the racing starts.

The usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BumperD wrote: »
    Speaking of Derek - he was raving about a certain horse for the Cheltenham bumper this year - anyone know what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Speaking of Derek - he was raving about a certain horse for the Cheltenham bumper this year - anyone know what it was?

Would it be his own 1 that was sold to jp. Fairly legal. Won a p2p before Christmas n was sold after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Would it be his own 1 that was sold to jp. Fairly legal. Won a p2p before Christmas n was sold after.
    Nope, it's one that has ridden over rules.

Didn't hear about that one, maybe he mentioned in full print article in tribune which I cannot access, would be interested in finding the name of that one

Brilliant article in the racing post on JT McNamara. Allistar Down is such a good journo. As much a wordsmith as JT is a horseman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Brilliant article in the racing post on JT McNamara. Allistar Down is such a good journo. As much a wordsmith as JT is a horseman.

He's gifted alright. His tribute to AP a few weeks back was excellent. Love his pieces on Channel 4 too.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    He's gifted alright. His tribute to AP a few weeks back was excellent. Love his pieces on Channel 4 too.

Love his Cheltenham previews too. Wouldnt be the same without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Read it the other day, great piece. Channel 4 really need to give him more air time.

• Advertisement

Just goes to show how retarded the head of Channel 4 is, getting rid of Al Down to get in Claire Balding and Retard Parturd to replace him.

"Who do you fancy Rishi?"
    "Oh probably <insert favourites name here>" cue hilarious laughter and great banter

PURE ****

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Read it the other day, great piece. Channel 4 really need to give him more air time.

Ya agree and not the worst tipster either. Good man to find value in the big handicaps. What were they thinking with there revised program. Alistar should have been their number 1 man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Rishi is really poor, I actually felt sad that he was the man AP broke his retirement too.

Francome was a bit of fun too. Not a fan of Cunningham or Mick Fitz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Not to worry lads, Gok and Jeremy kyle should be on a screen soon:rolleyes:

PLEASE DONT RUIN MY BUILD UP TO CHELTENHAM!!!!! Thinking of cancelling my leave now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Rishi is really poor, I actually felt sad that he was the man AP broke his retirement too.

Francome was a bit of fun too. Not a fan of Cunningham or Mick Fitz

Cannot stand Cunningham or Mick Fitz. Would take Francome over them anyday.

That annoys the **** out of me and here we have Colin Firth, "What horse are you backing today Colin". "I only found out what a horse is, Michael Gambon told me to back the fav in every race"

God forbid they would show the parade ring.

This is why I rarely go racing, twats in hats blocking the racing

5IEp5Bq.jpg

I see Godolphin bought the well bred Francis of Assissi, lightly raced by Danehill Dancer out of a sister to Henrythenavigator. What's strange is that for one he's a gelding, and two he was bought from Coolmore.

The channel 4 setup is positive discrimination nearly at it's best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

What's "Peintres Pocket Filler Friday" selection at Dundalk today?

ste2010 wrote: »
    What's "Peintres Pocket Filler Friday" selection at Dundalk today?

Nothing really jumps out haven't overly fancied anything in a while. Might give General Bunching one more chance in an open looking race 16/1

Nothing really jumps out haven't overly fancied anything in a while. Might give General Bunching one more chance in an open looking race 16/1

Dankeschooons!
    I fancy Davy Russell's mount in second last at donny today..hoping that's the reason he trapsed across the Irish seas

Dankeschooons!
    I fancy Davy Russell's mount in second last at donny today..hoping that's the reason he trapsed across the Irish seas

Snooze could have a good chance at Leop tomorrow off a lovely weight. Was still there when falling last time behind Toon River who I really strongly fancied yet didn't back for some unbeknownstreason.

Just as I was reading through the forum, I get a phone call in work - some dude in a car looking for Paddy Power....

convert wrote: »
    Just as I was reading through the forum, I get a phone call in work - some dude in a car looking for Paddy Power....

I hope you got the name of the horse he was trying to back...

• Advertisement

Hope someone does a daily competition for the festival, sonnky used to if your still out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Hope someone does a daily competition for the festival, sonnky used to if your still out there?

Ya, I might consider doing it. Would want a hand as I am quite busy at work these days. If one or two lads could help me out I would definitely do it. Anyone that's interested give me a message!

There you are!

Some of the markets have come down for the festival so I'm guessing another declarations day tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Some of the markets have come down for the festival so I'm guessing another declarations day tomorrow?

48 hours for Tuesday?

• Advertisement

Hoping lively baron and hollow tree can add to the chelt chest today..last bets before tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

What high street bookies offer placepot betting for Cheltenham does anyone know?

Hoping lively baron and hollow tree can add to the chelt chest today..last bets before tuesday

Hollow Tree has no chance over three miles, wait another ten pounds and good ground I think

sonnky wrote: »
    What high street bookies offer placepot betting for Cheltenham does anyone know?

I suspect all, pp definitely as I've done them there but I'd be surprised if most don't offer it

Hollow Tree has no chance over three miles, wait another ten pounds and good ground I think

Didn't see the race. Was well in contention til faded at last hurdle. Master malt was backed in enough. Your probably right about distance, he's off a nice weigjt at the moment. Interesting to see what handicapper does

Didn't see the race. Was well in contention til faded at last hurdle. Master malt was backed in enough. Your probably right about distance, he's off a nice weigjt at the moment. Interesting to see what handicapper does

Lol I was going to say he'd cert hack up now.

Messi scored a hatrick in 11mins today. Machine.

Went to bed relatively early, but still haven't woken up, and 2 cups of coffee haven't helped at all.... I think I should just go home to study the form sleep.

convert wrote: »
    Went to bed relatively early, but still haven't woken up, and 2 cups of coffee haven't helped at all.... I think I should just go home to study the form sleep.

FYP :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

After doing something to my back overnight. Can't move here.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to do my assessments from the comfort of my bed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement