Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

probably saw it was over 3 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Omg next Wednesday evening we are going to be rich my friends

CHOO CHOO

Is this still on ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Why the change of heart if you don't mind me asking?
    Geraghty not riding put me off. I'd be amazed if he wasn't better than a rating of 95 but with those colours you can never back it without knowing it's off

Is this still on ??

Hopefully, the ground is going to absolutely bottomless she will love it off a nice weight and should be a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Geraghty not riding put me off. I'd be amazed if he wasn't better than a rating of 95 but with those colours you can never back it without knowing it's off

Hopefully, the ground is going to absolutely bottomless she will love it off a nice weight and should be a good price

Your more than welcome to pm me the name of that capaill PC ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Me too pls.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

Any chance of getting on this train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I assume he will post it up once he has gotten on, as he has always done.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Give Me A Break, 7.40, ticks some of the boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I assume he will post it up once he has gotten on, as he has always done.

I think he said above thats it not on and gave the name of the horse, unless im mistaken..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭magicmoves

That's what I thought. The horse he was on about is Chamonix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

He has one for tomorrow in sligo. I am sure he will post as always once he gets on himself.

noticed that Albert Moriarty has 3 runners today at Cork (two of them potentially well handicapped), which is significant with only having 7 or 8 in his yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

curioser wrote: »
    Give Me A Break, 7.40, ticks some of the boxes.
    Must read thread more carefully.

noticed that Albert Moriarty has 3 runners today at Cork (two of them potentially well handicapped), which is significant with only having 7 or 8 in his yard.

I was asking about the stable in the Tuesday thread. Yard seem to be going poorly but with such a small string hard to tell. His runners are really well hadicapped though. Think I will pull the trigger on 1 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I was asking about the stable in the Tuesday thread. Yard seem to be going poorly but with such a small string hard to tell. His runners are really well hadicapped though. Think I will pull the trigger on 1 tonight.

which one you going with Doc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

CLlPrU-WIAA1OGT.jpg

;)

kalinisi wrote: »
    which one you going with Doc?

Prince Jock but would give the otherone a squeek as well. Ground could be a problem for Cape Explorer though.

Placere loves bad ground and ran a really nice run over too short at Leopardstown last time returning from a break, keeping on really well late on. She's very well handicapped and is worth a good bet in the 7.00 at Sligo tomorrow 7/1

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Prince Jock but would give the otherone a squeek as well. Ground could be a problem for Cape Explorer though.

Cheers doc, do my nits on him last time he ran at cork (think you did too) have followed you in hopefully we get a few sheckles back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Anyone else having problems with the normal streaming sites? Can't get volume on them and says to disable add block, fcuked if im doing that.

• Advertisement

Cape Explorer is definitely going in the tracker, if he hadn't fluffed the start he'd have gone very close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Placere loves bad ground and ran a really nice run over too short at Leopardstown last time returning from a break, keeping on really well late on. She's very well handicapped and is worth a good bet in the 7.00 at Sligo tomorrow 7/1

For those that can 7/1 still available on choral, shorter everywhere else including exch which is 11/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Sligo off later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

BumperD wrote: »
    I love a horse that can accelerate twice or more in a race rather than one long burst. Peintre Célèbre, Sea the Stars and Treve could do, along with many more. They can find their way out of trouble when others will get checked and never get back into a race.

Absolutely love the little burst by STS in the Arc, just as he looked pinned in on the rail Mick gave him a squeeze and whoosh in three strides he took 2 lengths out of the horses around him, still get goosebumps watching it.

That lovely feeling when you know you are collecting 4 figures and hoping the straight forecast and straight tricast come in too to bump you much nearer the five figures ****ing Cavalry****ingman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

STS move was electric in that Arc, so too was Treves in her prep run for the first arc with Frankie getting her boxed in, think it was the prix Diane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

STS move was electric in that Arc, so too was Treves in her prep run for the first arc with Frankie getting her boxed in, think it was the prix Diane

my own favourite is El Gran Senor in 1984 2000 Guineas,
    first he quickened to close the gap on the leader Lear Fan and the way he went away from a class horse like Chief Singer was impressive , Despite being allowed to cruise home in the last half furlong he put 3 lengths into the second.
    Probably the best quality top 4 finishers I can remember in the Guineas ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

False alarm I'm not backing it now. Chamonix I was on about

Good to see someone is waiting for the right time so like myself, in my tracker a long time now.

4d66d69d0165bad7b3b72229ec3ee3b2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭moon madness

Pinesky wrote: »
    my own favourite is El Gran Senor in 1984 2000 Guineas,
    first he quickened to close the gap on the leader Lear Fan and the way he went away from a class horse like Chief Singer was impressive , Despite being allowed to cruise home in the last half furlong he put 3 lengths into the second.
    Probably the best quality top 4 finishers I can remember in the Guineas ever.

El Gran Senor was my favourite too. Couldn't believe it at the time when Secreto beat him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

If we are talking fillys and blistering exceleration then Zarkava Vermeille has to be in there, was very sweet on her for the Arc after her Diane but couldn't get odds anywhere, can't believe I was able to fill my boots at 7/1 after her Vermille.

The Vermille starts at 9:23 with her having a long long think about jumping out, when it gets to 9:41 thats her in the white noseband at the back of the field, Dar Re Mi is already rolling and at least 6L up when Soumillion moves Zarkava out, absolutely majestic the way she sluices down the outside and arrives in enough time for Soumillion to drop the hands and let her cruise the last 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What do people think of Smoker's chances tomorrow in the last at Lingers? A return to AW at a low grade and a big price looks like it will be just the ticket to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

What do people think of Smoker's chances tomorrow in the last at Lingers? A return to AW at a low grade and a big price looks like it will be just the ticket to me.

Hasnt shown much since switching yards but as you say the AW might be better for him. Best watched IMO. I thought RAKAAN looks well hcapped in that race having won over C&D in march off 70 and is off 60 tomorrow.

I was wondering about the chances of JEMBATT 8.15 myself whose down to 47 and with Smullen onboard. Hoping PC may have some thoughts on his chances
    gl

I was actually considering Smoker to be my only bet tomorrow but I'm not quite decided might chance a score just in case he came in. Think Jembatt wants good ground but he is really well handicapped. Think he should win soon, but tomorrow still looks a hot race for the grade

We really deserve a win out of Jembatt.

Placed again. Difficult to see him landing a touch now. That night he got hampered was the night I think.

Possibly the best thing ever recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Oh the Juddamonte has just got hot with Gleneagles set to turn up against the Horn. Could be sensational!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Oh the Juddamonte has just got hot with Gleneagles set to turn up against the Horn. Could be sensational!

Don,t get me wrong i think Golden Horn is top top class, but would love to see Gleneagles wipe the smile off that obnoxious [EMAIL="b@*^ard"]b@*^ard[/EMAIL] Dettori,s face.He,s insinuating he always knew how good Golden Horn was when he picked Jack Hobbs in the Dante.Gobsh1te.

Shukhov in the second last at Gowran tonight looks a Choo Choo. 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

• Advertisement

Don't mind backing a loser but when the race is won by the one horse you didn't want to win because you're waiting on him that's a real kick. Had a good bet on Raydara at 11/2 to beat Cougar Mountain tonight. Price well gone

Last two weeks have been utterly wretched. All I can say is roll on Dundalk on Sunday.

Last two weeks have been utterly wretched. All I can say is roll on Dundalk on Sunday.

Agree not a sniff had i had since Galway. Was actually thinking to myself today that i need Dundalk back. Hadn't realised it is on Sunday, Great news.:) Now lets get back to making profit:P

Anyone any thoughts on Panama Hat tomorrow night at Arlington, All his wins on good/firm and highest rated RPR and is well drawn, he's 10/1 on the morning line over this side of the world going have a couple of quid win/place myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Anyone any thoughts on Panama Hat tomorrow night at Arlington, All his wins on good/firm and highest rated RPR and is well drawn, he's 10/1 on the morning line over this side of the world going have a couple of quid win/place myself

What side of the world are you? Where are you seeing 10/1?

10/1 on the morning line over here (can fluctuate as its tote guide but cant see many yanks backing him), I'm in Toronto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Seen your post stuck a few notes on it just unlucky at the line put I will take the place money

naughto wrote: »
    Seen your post stuck a few notes on it just unlucky at the line put I will take the place money

Didn't get to see the race but am happy enough paid 4.1 to place would have been a nice touch had he of won though!

Seems to be a steady stream of dough for the well handicapped Aye Aye Skipper in the next at Killarney. Missed the early price, but am happy enough to take 7/1.

Seems to be a steady stream of dough for the well handicapped Aye Aye Skipper in the next at Killarney. Missed the early price, but am happy enough to take 7/1.
    :cool:

:cool:

Well in Francie. I fancied it when I looked at the card but left it as missed the price. 7/1 with the nrs was decent value alright,

• Advertisement
Advertisement